Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 154post #2297 of 105746/5/14 at 3:52pmThread StarterQuote:
We'll definitely be re-running that style. Can't promise a design change at this point. Thanks.post #2298 of 105746/5/14 at 4:12pmpost #2299 of 105746/5/14 at 4:52pm
Someone asked earlier about the chinos, can anyone comment on how they turned out? Considering getting a pair...
Also, will the light tan ones be a pretty regular item? That's what I would go for, but I don't want to order it until I get my second pair of Gustin jeans and can decide whether I like the size 31 or 32 better.post #2300 of 105746/5/14 at 5:47pmpost #2301 of 105746/5/14 at 6:07pmQuote:
I just wanted to say I agree with John Gary that the talk of the scoops is somewhat overblown. If you have a normal torso length, you can still tuck the Gustin shirts in. The cut of the Gustin shirts is somewhat shorter than say a dress shirt from Brooks Brothers, but a BB shirt is definitely not made to be worn untucked. The Gustin shirts look good tucked in or untucked.post #2302 of 105746/5/14 at 7:03pmQuote:
Ah that explains why I couldn't find anything
Curious as to whether these are selvedge or not. None of the pictures seem to show the seam. But at the price they're charging, it looks like these could be a real standout at that price point.post #2303 of 105746/5/14 at 7:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tsujigiri
Ah that explains why I couldn't find anything " src="http://files.styleforum.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif">
Curious as to whether these are selvedge or not. None of the pictures seem to show the seam. But at the price they're charging, it looks like these could be a real standout at that price point.
Fairly certain it has been asked and answered that the chinos are not selvedge. Someone correct me if I am wrong.post #2304 of 105746/6/14 at 6:55ampost #2305 of 105746/6/14 at 5:50pmQuote:
I can't say how the indigo shirts will fade, but I have one of the Gustin Double Dip Indigo shirts, and the indigo does rub off a little. I haven't had the shirt long enough to know how it will fade.post #2306 of 105746/6/14 at 8:07pmpost #2307 of 105746/7/14 at 8:38ampost #2308 of 105746/7/14 at 8:42amQuote:
Ha! I wasn't interested in the Downtown Browns when offered, but these pictures show a casual look that is a real step up. The red and brown is perfect!
I was just starting to detox from the Gustin addiction when you posted those pictures!
I'm saving my pennies for the Heavyweight (23 ounces) this summer. I'll just have to find a way to land the next Downtown Brown!
I shared my Natural with my son, who will back a pair in slim cut. He had not seen Gustin before and after trying on a few, he got the fever too. He's young and the slim cut is definitely better for him, but he loved the character of the denim, solid stitching and overall feel.
devastitis, thanks for uploading the pictures...you look great. That the Downtown Brown is 14 ounces is very appealing. I like substance. I also think it would look awesome with Stow or other brogue style shoes and boots.
I am curious as to what the Downtown Brown would look like over time...does it fade?post #2309 of 105746/7/14 at 8:54amQuote:
Those look good. I almost backed them, but by the time I went back they had been funded. They look a little more khaki and lighter in those pics than I remembered seeing with the swatch that was posted. I'm on the reminder list if they come back though. Thanks for sharing.post #2310 of 105746/7/14 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Rene_Lahm
Those look good. I almost backed them, but by the time I went back they had been funded. They look a little more khaki and lighter in those pics than I remembered seeing with the swatch that was posted. I'm on the reminder list if they come back though. Thanks for sharing.
I think there are so many things that can be done with brown jeans! I just think the red shirt absolutely jumps out and looks perfect. Brown is so versatile and the jean material looks inviting, like denim indigo jeans.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 9 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Cigar boot and blucher 10E 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...