Check the Gustin Community board. There was a mix-up and they owned up to it. It's the same fabric with a different ID. If you don't like the new ID, send them email and they will take care of you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 5:47 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 151post #2251 of 92835/31/14 at 4:53pmpost #2252 of 92835/31/14 at 5:47pmpost #2253 of 92835/31/14 at 6:12pmpost #2254 of 92835/31/14 at 6:28pmI don't know if I'd say dressier.
They are very sleek looking and the grey color is dark. They have a smooth look and feel to them. I'd say they are a little nicer than your average pair of indigo jeans only because they don't look blue/indigo, but at the same time I wouldn't try to pull them off at any occasion that I wouldn't wear indigo jeans to as well.
They are nice, maybe "dressy" jeans, but definitely jeans if you know what I'm saying haha.post #2255 of 92835/31/14 at 9:16pmpost #2256 of 92836/1/14 at 10:39am
Anyone have any experience yet with the Grey Silks stretching? I'm still holding on to a 30 Straight and I love the jeans but not sure if there's any stretch in silk denim, I'm assuming they won't stretch as much as cotton. Gustin will accept them as an exchange which is great but I haven't decided yet. I've worn them about a few times at home but haven't seen any real give in the seat and thigh areas.post #2257 of 92836/1/14 at 10:50amQuote:Thanks. I shot them an email to see what the options are.Originally Posted by BernieIsMyCat
Check the Gustin Community board. There was a mix-up and they owned up to it. It's the same fabric with a different ID. If you don't like the new ID, send them email and they will take care of you.post #2258 of 92836/1/14 at 5:59pmpost #2259 of 92836/1/14 at 6:01pmpost #2260 of 92836/1/14 at 8:39pmQuote:Yeah @Oldguy is correct. Their customer service has always been really helpful. The response was if you don't like the ID they can swap them out. They said unfortunately there isn't any of the Grey Silks with the original Blue/Black ID left, so it'd have to be a different pair altogether.post #2261 of 92836/2/14 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by sthomas26
Anyone have any experience yet with the Grey Silks stretching? I'm still holding on to a 30 Straight and I love the jeans but not sure if there's any stretch in silk denim, I'm assuming they won't stretch as much as cotton. Gustin will accept them as an exchange which is great but I haven't decided yet. I've worn them about a few times at home but haven't seen any real give in the seat and thigh areas.
Gustin will accept your "worn" denim in exchange ... that is very generous of them.post #2262 of 92836/2/14 at 8:31amQuote:
They don't have an official return policy, which is what helps keep the price down for us.
I am of the opinion that this is one of the smartest business models since Amazon. They are using technology at its best and having reviewed their jeans and now oxford shirt, I think they are being overly conservative on what this quality would cost in a brick and mortar store.
We are "instant gratification" customers saving a lot of money by the delay of gratification. It's not for everyone. But for those of us on a budget, as well as those who have large families and want to use Gustin for birthdays, Christmas, etc, the wait that yields the savings for us is well worth it.
I'm averaging once a week wear of The Natural...at work! I'm rotating my other jeans, without trying to get any one pair to rush to significant fades. It will happen over time.
I don't begrudge anyone the fun of all wear, no wash, but once that mania exhausts itself, there will still be quality denim at a great price, for as long as they decide to keep this model.
In their shoes, I would be tempted to sell to a big company for big bucks! I hope they don't...at least, not for awhile! :)
It's a great American success story when so little is manufactured here. Even a non denim fan would enjoy reading about their story.post #2263 of 92836/2/14 at 8:46am
Question about Zimbabwe cotton:
I was told by a seller that Zimbabwe cotton produces better and "more interesting" fades.
I have the Zimbabwe's backed and expect shipping soon.
Any truth to this?
The one who said this sells Momotaro and said it is a "huge difference" between them and Unbranded, in quality.
I've read a bit as bout Momotara jeans. Any comparison to our Gustins?post #2264 of 92836/2/14 at 2:30pmpost #2265 of 92836/2/14 at 4:48pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Hw can Hermes or any other ordinary brand be better then this? 8 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on Ralph Lauren Shoes? 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds McAllister 8D Bourbon 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding