Check the Gustin Community board. There was a mix-up and they owned up to it. It's the same fabric with a different ID. If you don't like the new ID, send them email and they will take care of you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 151post #2251 of 105435/31/14 at 4:53pmpost #2252 of 105435/31/14 at 5:47pmpost #2253 of 105435/31/14 at 6:12pmpost #2254 of 105435/31/14 at 6:28pmI don't know if I'd say dressier.
They are very sleek looking and the grey color is dark. They have a smooth look and feel to them. I'd say they are a little nicer than your average pair of indigo jeans only because they don't look blue/indigo, but at the same time I wouldn't try to pull them off at any occasion that I wouldn't wear indigo jeans to as well.
They are nice, maybe "dressy" jeans, but definitely jeans if you know what I'm saying haha.post #2255 of 105435/31/14 at 9:16pmpost #2256 of 105436/1/14 at 10:39am
Anyone have any experience yet with the Grey Silks stretching? I'm still holding on to a 30 Straight and I love the jeans but not sure if there's any stretch in silk denim, I'm assuming they won't stretch as much as cotton. Gustin will accept them as an exchange which is great but I haven't decided yet. I've worn them about a few times at home but haven't seen any real give in the seat and thigh areas.post #2257 of 105436/1/14 at 10:50amQuote:Thanks. I shot them an email to see what the options are.Originally Posted by BernieIsMyCat
Check the Gustin Community board. There was a mix-up and they owned up to it. It's the same fabric with a different ID. If you don't like the new ID, send them email and they will take care of you.post #2258 of 105436/1/14 at 5:59pmpost #2259 of 105436/1/14 at 6:01pmpost #2260 of 105436/1/14 at 8:39pmQuote:Yeah @Oldguy is correct. Their customer service has always been really helpful. The response was if you don't like the ID they can swap them out. They said unfortunately there isn't any of the Grey Silks with the original Blue/Black ID left, so it'd have to be a different pair altogether.post #2261 of 105436/2/14 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by sthomas26
Anyone have any experience yet with the Grey Silks stretching? I'm still holding on to a 30 Straight and I love the jeans but not sure if there's any stretch in silk denim, I'm assuming they won't stretch as much as cotton. Gustin will accept them as an exchange which is great but I haven't decided yet. I've worn them about a few times at home but haven't seen any real give in the seat and thigh areas.
Gustin will accept your "worn" denim in exchange ... that is very generous of them.post #2262 of 105436/2/14 at 8:31amQuote:
They don't have an official return policy, which is what helps keep the price down for us.
I am of the opinion that this is one of the smartest business models since Amazon. They are using technology at its best and having reviewed their jeans and now oxford shirt, I think they are being overly conservative on what this quality would cost in a brick and mortar store.
We are "instant gratification" customers saving a lot of money by the delay of gratification. It's not for everyone. But for those of us on a budget, as well as those who have large families and want to use Gustin for birthdays, Christmas, etc, the wait that yields the savings for us is well worth it.
I'm averaging once a week wear of The Natural...at work! I'm rotating my other jeans, without trying to get any one pair to rush to significant fades. It will happen over time.
I don't begrudge anyone the fun of all wear, no wash, but once that mania exhausts itself, there will still be quality denim at a great price, for as long as they decide to keep this model.
In their shoes, I would be tempted to sell to a big company for big bucks! I hope they don't...at least, not for awhile! :)
It's a great American success story when so little is manufactured here. Even a non denim fan would enjoy reading about their story.post #2263 of 105436/2/14 at 8:46am
Question about Zimbabwe cotton:
I was told by a seller that Zimbabwe cotton produces better and "more interesting" fades.
I have the Zimbabwe's backed and expect shipping soon.
Any truth to this?
The one who said this sells Momotaro and said it is a "huge difference" between them and Unbranded, in quality.
I've read a bit as bout Momotara jeans. Any comparison to our Gustins?post #2264 of 105436/2/14 at 2:30pmpost #2265 of 105436/2/14 at 4:48pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 16 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 18 minutes ago
- › 3 Piece Fresco Suit??? 27 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE FOR FEBRUARY 17, 2017: THE DIFFICULT TIE 35 minutes ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Grande Taille - 2017 Warranty - Box/Papers 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway