Check the Gustin Community board. There was a mix-up and they owned up to it. It's the same fabric with a different ID. If you don't like the new ID, send them email and they will take care of you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Today at 7:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 8:01 pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 151
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2252 of 45055/31/14 at 5:47pmpost #2253 of 45055/31/14 at 6:12pmpost #2254 of 45055/31/14 at 6:28pmI don't know if I'd say dressier.
They are very sleek looking and the grey color is dark. They have a smooth look and feel to them. I'd say they are a little nicer than your average pair of indigo jeans only because they don't look blue/indigo, but at the same time I wouldn't try to pull them off at any occasion that I wouldn't wear indigo jeans to as well.
They are nice, maybe "dressy" jeans, but definitely jeans if you know what I'm saying haha.post #2255 of 45055/31/14 at 9:16pmpost #2256 of 45056/1/14 at 10:39am
Anyone have any experience yet with the Grey Silks stretching? I'm still holding on to a 30 Straight and I love the jeans but not sure if there's any stretch in silk denim, I'm assuming they won't stretch as much as cotton. Gustin will accept them as an exchange which is great but I haven't decided yet. I've worn them about a few times at home but haven't seen any real give in the seat and thigh areas.post #2257 of 45056/1/14 at 10:50amQuote:Thanks. I shot them an email to see what the options are.Originally Posted by BernieIsMyCat
Check the Gustin Community board. There was a mix-up and they owned up to it. It's the same fabric with a different ID. If you don't like the new ID, send them email and they will take care of you.post #2258 of 45056/1/14 at 5:59pmpost #2259 of 45056/1/14 at 6:01pmpost #2260 of 45056/1/14 at 8:39pmQuote:Yeah @Oldguy is correct. Their customer service has always been really helpful. The response was if you don't like the ID they can swap them out. They said unfortunately there isn't any of the Grey Silks with the original Blue/Black ID left, so it'd have to be a different pair altogether.post #2261 of 45056/2/14 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by sthomas26
Anyone have any experience yet with the Grey Silks stretching? I'm still holding on to a 30 Straight and I love the jeans but not sure if there's any stretch in silk denim, I'm assuming they won't stretch as much as cotton. Gustin will accept them as an exchange which is great but I haven't decided yet. I've worn them about a few times at home but haven't seen any real give in the seat and thigh areas.
Gustin will accept your "worn" denim in exchange ... that is very generous of them.post #2262 of 45056/2/14 at 8:31amQuote:
They don't have an official return policy, which is what helps keep the price down for us.
I am of the opinion that this is one of the smartest business models since Amazon. They are using technology at its best and having reviewed their jeans and now oxford shirt, I think they are being overly conservative on what this quality would cost in a brick and mortar store.
We are "instant gratification" customers saving a lot of money by the delay of gratification. It's not for everyone. But for those of us on a budget, as well as those who have large families and want to use Gustin for birthdays, Christmas, etc, the wait that yields the savings for us is well worth it.
I'm averaging once a week wear of The Natural...at work! I'm rotating my other jeans, without trying to get any one pair to rush to significant fades. It will happen over time.
I don't begrudge anyone the fun of all wear, no wash, but once that mania exhausts itself, there will still be quality denim at a great price, for as long as they decide to keep this model.
In their shoes, I would be tempted to sell to a big company for big bucks! I hope they don't...at least, not for awhile! :)
It's a great American success story when so little is manufactured here. Even a non denim fan would enjoy reading about their story.post #2263 of 45056/2/14 at 8:46am
Question about Zimbabwe cotton:
I was told by a seller that Zimbabwe cotton produces better and "more interesting" fades.
I have the Zimbabwe's backed and expect shipping soon.
Any truth to this?
The one who said this sells Momotaro and said it is a "huge difference" between them and Unbranded, in quality.
I've read a bit as bout Momotara jeans. Any comparison to our Gustins?post #2264 of 45056/2/14 at 2:30pmpost #2265 of 45056/2/14 at 4:48pm
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 9 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › I can't find this type of collar anywhere - any MTM stores have this? 12 minutes ago
- › Solito Thread 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › First Pair of Odd Trousers 24 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays