Check the Gustin Community board. There was a mix-up and they owned up to it. It's the same fabric with a different ID. If you don't like the new ID, send them email and they will take care of you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Today at 2:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 6:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 151
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2252 of 52795/31/14 at 5:47pmpost #2253 of 52795/31/14 at 6:12pmpost #2254 of 52795/31/14 at 6:28pmI don't know if I'd say dressier.
They are very sleek looking and the grey color is dark. They have a smooth look and feel to them. I'd say they are a little nicer than your average pair of indigo jeans only because they don't look blue/indigo, but at the same time I wouldn't try to pull them off at any occasion that I wouldn't wear indigo jeans to as well.
They are nice, maybe "dressy" jeans, but definitely jeans if you know what I'm saying haha.post #2255 of 52795/31/14 at 9:16pmpost #2256 of 52796/1/14 at 10:39am
Anyone have any experience yet with the Grey Silks stretching? I'm still holding on to a 30 Straight and I love the jeans but not sure if there's any stretch in silk denim, I'm assuming they won't stretch as much as cotton. Gustin will accept them as an exchange which is great but I haven't decided yet. I've worn them about a few times at home but haven't seen any real give in the seat and thigh areas.post #2257 of 52796/1/14 at 10:50amQuote:Thanks. I shot them an email to see what the options are.Originally Posted by BernieIsMyCat
Check the Gustin Community board. There was a mix-up and they owned up to it. It's the same fabric with a different ID. If you don't like the new ID, send them email and they will take care of you.post #2258 of 52796/1/14 at 5:59pmpost #2259 of 52796/1/14 at 6:01pmpost #2260 of 52796/1/14 at 8:39pmQuote:Yeah @Oldguy is correct. Their customer service has always been really helpful. The response was if you don't like the ID they can swap them out. They said unfortunately there isn't any of the Grey Silks with the original Blue/Black ID left, so it'd have to be a different pair altogether.post #2261 of 52796/2/14 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by sthomas26
Anyone have any experience yet with the Grey Silks stretching? I'm still holding on to a 30 Straight and I love the jeans but not sure if there's any stretch in silk denim, I'm assuming they won't stretch as much as cotton. Gustin will accept them as an exchange which is great but I haven't decided yet. I've worn them about a few times at home but haven't seen any real give in the seat and thigh areas.
Gustin will accept your "worn" denim in exchange ... that is very generous of them.post #2262 of 52796/2/14 at 8:31amQuote:
They don't have an official return policy, which is what helps keep the price down for us.
I am of the opinion that this is one of the smartest business models since Amazon. They are using technology at its best and having reviewed their jeans and now oxford shirt, I think they are being overly conservative on what this quality would cost in a brick and mortar store.
We are "instant gratification" customers saving a lot of money by the delay of gratification. It's not for everyone. But for those of us on a budget, as well as those who have large families and want to use Gustin for birthdays, Christmas, etc, the wait that yields the savings for us is well worth it.
I'm averaging once a week wear of The Natural...at work! I'm rotating my other jeans, without trying to get any one pair to rush to significant fades. It will happen over time.
I don't begrudge anyone the fun of all wear, no wash, but once that mania exhausts itself, there will still be quality denim at a great price, for as long as they decide to keep this model.
In their shoes, I would be tempted to sell to a big company for big bucks! I hope they don't...at least, not for awhile! :)
It's a great American success story when so little is manufactured here. Even a non denim fan would enjoy reading about their story.post #2263 of 52796/2/14 at 8:46am
Question about Zimbabwe cotton:
I was told by a seller that Zimbabwe cotton produces better and "more interesting" fades.
I have the Zimbabwe's backed and expect shipping soon.
Any truth to this?
The one who said this sells Momotaro and said it is a "huge difference" between them and Unbranded, in quality.
I've read a bit as bout Momotara jeans. Any comparison to our Gustins?post #2264 of 52796/2/14 at 2:30pmpost #2265 of 52796/2/14 at 4:48pm
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Cheap Fitted Kitchens 3 seconds ago
- › Washington, DC sales 38 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...