or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 131

post #1951 of 2703
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieIsMyCat View Post
 

The benchmark belt you are thinking of is probably Tanner Goods. I have a TG belt, as well as one of the 1st generation Gustin roller belts (with stitching instead of rivets). I love both of them, but the quality of the TG is noticeably better. TG has a nice selection of leather and buckle colors always available in all combinations, so you can get a close to perfect match to your shoes or other accessories.

 

In Gustin's price range, I've heard good things about Orion, but I've never personally seen one.

Thanks! Yeah the gustin looks decent enough for $50. I see the Tanner Goods belts are made of various leathers such as Chromexel, stuff is so nice. The Tanner belts do look more refined but are twice as much...hmmm:) 


Edited by Jdub6 - 4/30/14 at 2:54pm
post #1952 of 2703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Bartholomew View Post

Hey Team Gustin,

how much shrinkage would you expect from hot-washing Naturals? The waist on my recently-arrived pair is a bit bigger than spec, and I'd like to tighten them up a touch.

 

Maybe email customer service.  I would be interested in this as I am expecting The Natural as well.  

post #1953 of 2703

Here's the fit guide from 2.5 months ago: https://web.archive.org/web/20140214170505/https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide

 

Straight fit definitely looks changed compared to: https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide

post #1954 of 2703
Are any chainstitching services able to accurately replicate the red chainstitched gustin hem? The thincuff method is getting annoying and someone in this thread said the chainstitcher butchered their jeans.
post #1955 of 2703

I haven't received my first pair of Gustin's yet, but I would be interested in a slim (fitted leg) fit with a medium-rise. I've never understood the functional or aesthetic value of a "low rise" men's jean (the female version is easier to rationalize). I'm hope the Gustin low rise in the slim is closer to a medium rise. 

post #1956 of 2703
Where? 30 (my size) looks the same
post #1957 of 2703

Who wants to tell me what the length is from the armpit seam to the top of the scoop on a large shirt? Also, how much shrinkage can I expect in the chest area? I guess the rest of the shirt too...

post #1958 of 2703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usonian View Post

Who wants to tell me what the length is from the armpit seam to the top of the scoop on a large shirt? Also, how much shrinkage can I expect in the chest area? I guess the rest of the shirt too...

I get 15.25" on a flannel that's been through the wash a few times. I don't have pre-wash measurements, but I didn't notice that much shrinkage in the chest. A large is also a little roomy on me, and I had the box pleat sewn down, so it probably fits me differently than it would fit a 'true' large.
post #1959 of 2703

Another vote for showing the chinos with A. shirt tucked in, B. without sneakers, and C. ironed.  I understand if the material doesn't stay flat but there are huge creases in almost all of the pics and it looks sloppy.  I had to back out of these because I just can't tell how they'll look in a formal setting.  Another vote for taking the hands out of the pockets!

 

Honestly, the photo's could use some work all around. A little professional coaching for the photog and & model could go a long way, IMO.

post #1960 of 2703
really dig the CXL belt
post #1961 of 2703
Hi guys,

I am interested in buying the new belt burgundy #8 from Gustin but I am not sure about the sizing.
I have a Tanner Goods belt in size 32" but unfortunately I close it on the second hole (from the end). I guess I would need a 33" to be on the center hole but they don't produce half size.

I would love to be able to close the Gustin I'm about to order on the middle.
Anyone advise from someone who owned belts from both brands would be really appreciated.

Thank you smile.gif !
post #1962 of 2703
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexet View Post

Hi guys,

I am interested in buying the new belt burgundy #8 from Gustin but I am not sure about the sizing.
I have a Tanner Goods belt in size 32" but unfortunately I close it on the second hole (from the end). I guess I would need a 33" to be on the center hole but they don't produce half size.

I would love to be able to close the Gustin I'm about to order on the middle.
Anyone advise from someone who owned belts from both brands would be really appreciated.

Thank you smile.gif !

 

I dont have both belts but just measure your tanner belt from the buckle to the hole you use the most (as shows on the Gustin website), you should get 33 inches as im assuming tanner belts are well made.

 

edit : the gustin guide also says how to deal with the fact that they dont have half sizes.


Edited by mmmtttt - 5/1/14 at 10:43am
post #1963 of 2703
Thank you mmmtttt for your help.
I did measure my TG belt (and also a custom belt I made from LeatherGoodsConnection) and I get 90cm which is 35.4". Since Gustin does not propose half size (35" would be the best) the closest choice would be 36". But I am also used that belt stretch and this is the reason I am also considering a 34".
post #1964 of 2703
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexet View Post

Thank you mmmtttt for your help.
I did measure my TG belt (and also a custom belt I made from LeatherGoodsConnection) and I get 90cm which is 35.4". Since Gustin does not propose half size (35" would be the best) the closest choice would be 36". But I am also used that belt stretch and this is the reason I am also considering a 34".

 

I dont understand how you get 35 inches when you have a 32 inch belt and you use 2 from end. Assuming a 1 inch spread between holes and 5 hole belt, that hole should be 33. I did forget for a moment that Gustin don't have half size so I understand your point now, maybe someone with more experience can help.

post #1965 of 2703
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmtttt View Post

I dont understand how you get 35 inches when you have a 32 inch belt and you use 2 from end. Assuming a 1 inch spread between holes and 5 hole belt, that hole should be 33. I did forget for a moment that Gustin don't have half size so I understand your point now, maybe someone with more experience can help.
The sizing from TG is kind of weird and based on your pants waist. I prefer real measurement of the belts.
I just send a mail to Gustin, hoping that they will be able to help me.
Thank you anyway for your replies!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread