@NotLouisMalle -If you ordered them a month ago you wont be able to cancel your order at this time. You're probably stuck waiting for them to come in anyway so I would stay the course and hope for the best.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 105
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1562 of 84574/4/14 at 5:33ampost #1563 of 84574/4/14 at 6:00ampost #1564 of 84574/4/14 at 10:33am
Looking for suggestions. My ideal fit is probably somewhere between the slim and the straight. Really I'd need 11.25" thigh, 8-8.25" knee and 7.5-7.75" leg opening. I'm torn between going 32 slim or 31 straight and get it slightly tapered. I guess I'm just concerned about how narrow the leg opening is on the slims. If I go straight, at least I know I can slim it down however I need (at added cost). Also, for what it's worth I am 5'5" so I'd be chopping 3-4" at the hem.post #1565 of 84574/4/14 at 11:08amkmitch,
I was in a similar situation, and I've kind of settled on 33 Slim (I have Gustins in 32 Straight, 33 Straight, and 33 Slim). I was also worried about the cuff opening, and the Slim really isn't that small of a cuff. These are definitely not skinny-fit jeans, even in the Slim fit. Another thing to keep in mind is if you cut 3" off the length, the opening is slightly larger as you move up the leg in the Slim fit, so it might be closer to 7.75" than you'd think.post #1566 of 84574/4/14 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by andy b.
I was in a similar situation, and I've kind of settled on 33 Slim (I have Gustins in 32 Straight, 33 Straight, and 33 Slim). I was also worried about the cuff opening, and the Slim really isn't that small of a cuff. These are definitely not skinny-fit jeans, even in the Slim fit. Another thing to keep in mind is if you cut 3" off the length, the opening is slightly larger as you move up the leg in the Slim fit, so it might be closer to 7.75" than you'd think.
Thanks a lot for the info. I'll probably stick with the 32 slim and see what happens. I backed the blueXblack instead of getting the 3sixteen shadow selvedge120x, so hopefully this works out.post #1567 of 84574/5/14 at 8:14ampost #1568 of 84574/5/14 at 8:17ampost #1569 of 84574/5/14 at 9:57ampost #1570 of 84574/5/14 at 10:12amQuote:
there is a big difference between a slim/tapered look and your reference. considering every quality denim manufacturer tends to make a slimmer profile and basically nobody makes a boot cut I think it is clear what people's preference is. I think Gustin would have an extremely hard time with a cut that has an even wider leg then they have today considering every request is for a more tapered profile.post #1571 of 84574/5/14 at 12:28pmpost #1572 of 84574/5/14 at 1:01pmpost #1573 of 84574/5/14 at 1:17pmQuote:
Lol. The straight cut is pretty close to perfect for me. I'm truly stoked they fit so well given the purchasing constraints. I remember trying on Levi STF's a while back and asking myself what the big deal was. I can't imagine the ole bag in the slim cut. Can't wait to check out the others. The straight cut with the cuff opening, etc. was a big selling point for me obviously. The Nudie's look pretty sweet (weird guy, etc.) but they all seam to have a more tapered calf and small cuff as others have mentioned.post #1574 of 84574/5/14 at 1:17pm
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › APC New Standard size 30 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › BNWT Story et Fall Grey Suede Side Zips, 43 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?