Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 10:46 am in Streetwear and Denim
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 89
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1322 of 84663/12/14 at 7:24pmQuote:
It's definitely a casual shirt. I wouldn't (and couldn't) wear it with a tie. As others have noted, the neck is really small (I can't button it up), and the collar is thin. Most ties wouldn't fit flat under the collar.post #1323 of 84663/12/14 at 7:27pmQuote:
The Okayamas are my favorite Gustins. I wore mine today, and have a second pair on order (the only Gustins of which I ordered a second pair).post #1324 of 84663/12/14 at 9:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by wdahab
The grey silk are a denim that got super popular even before a single pair made it into people's hands. No clue why, but whenever Gustin runs a run (even if it's a sizeable run) they sell out in minutes, one time in under a minute. I haven't actually met anyone who genuinely likes the pair they received. But that's not on Gustin, and kudos to them to keep bringing the people what they want. There are other brands who would just sit on a popular style because they want to do other things, branch out, or would be jacking up the price on a super-popular denim. Gustin will just keep selling those silks until people stop buying them. I'm sure they'd sell just as fast for $10 more a pair, and Gustin could pocket an extra couple hundred dollars.
That's insane. So it's like unanimous that people hate these jeans and everyone posts about not liking them yet it still sells in minutes. Must be a lot of self-loathing people out there. I bought a pair of 32 slims before I could even think about it. I'm not even sure if it will fit but I bought first and asked later so maybe I can understand... a little. Anyway, if they don't fit or I don't like them I may put them up for sale.post #1325 of 84663/12/14 at 10:36pmThread Starterpost #1326 of 84663/12/14 at 11:05pmpost #1327 of 84663/12/14 at 11:30pm
Silk denim seems interesting to me, never felt one before. I decided to google around looking for a recap on silk denim but couldn't find anything; what's the gist of it? Is it the feel and the look? Can it come in indigo or is the dying process a bit different? Looking at the pics here, I'm starting to want one for myself.post #1328 of 84663/13/14 at 5:20ampost #1329 of 84663/13/14 at 5:53ampost #1330 of 84663/13/14 at 9:00amQuote:
Ditto that for me.
When I first received them I thought they would be to heavy, but after two weeks of wear, they have softened up and are breaking in great.
I'd definitely purchase another pair.
Out of the 4 pair I own, they are my favorite.post #1331 of 84663/13/14 at 9:15ampost #1332 of 84663/13/14 at 9:36ampost #1333 of 84663/13/14 at 10:13ampost #1334 of 84663/13/14 at 10:58am
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 23 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 46 seconds ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?