Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 7/27/15 at 4:14pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 5:27 am in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 89
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1322 of 64313/12/14 at 7:24pmQuote:
It's definitely a casual shirt. I wouldn't (and couldn't) wear it with a tie. As others have noted, the neck is really small (I can't button it up), and the collar is thin. Most ties wouldn't fit flat under the collar.post #1323 of 64313/12/14 at 7:27pmQuote:
The Okayamas are my favorite Gustins. I wore mine today, and have a second pair on order (the only Gustins of which I ordered a second pair).post #1324 of 64313/12/14 at 9:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by wdahab
The grey silk are a denim that got super popular even before a single pair made it into people's hands. No clue why, but whenever Gustin runs a run (even if it's a sizeable run) they sell out in minutes, one time in under a minute. I haven't actually met anyone who genuinely likes the pair they received. But that's not on Gustin, and kudos to them to keep bringing the people what they want. There are other brands who would just sit on a popular style because they want to do other things, branch out, or would be jacking up the price on a super-popular denim. Gustin will just keep selling those silks until people stop buying them. I'm sure they'd sell just as fast for $10 more a pair, and Gustin could pocket an extra couple hundred dollars.
That's insane. So it's like unanimous that people hate these jeans and everyone posts about not liking them yet it still sells in minutes. Must be a lot of self-loathing people out there. I bought a pair of 32 slims before I could even think about it. I'm not even sure if it will fit but I bought first and asked later so maybe I can understand... a little. Anyway, if they don't fit or I don't like them I may put them up for sale.post #1325 of 64313/12/14 at 10:36pmThread Starterpost #1326 of 64313/12/14 at 11:05pmpost #1327 of 64313/12/14 at 11:30pm
Silk denim seems interesting to me, never felt one before. I decided to google around looking for a recap on silk denim but couldn't find anything; what's the gist of it? Is it the feel and the look? Can it come in indigo or is the dying process a bit different? Looking at the pics here, I'm starting to want one for myself.post #1328 of 64313/13/14 at 5:20ampost #1329 of 64313/13/14 at 5:53ampost #1330 of 64313/13/14 at 9:00amQuote:
Ditto that for me.
When I first received them I thought they would be to heavy, but after two weeks of wear, they have softened up and are breaking in great.
I'd definitely purchase another pair.
Out of the 4 pair I own, they are my favorite.post #1331 of 64313/13/14 at 9:15ampost #1332 of 64313/13/14 at 9:36ampost #1333 of 64313/13/14 at 10:13ampost #1334 of 64313/13/14 at 10:58am
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Next jacket? 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 12 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 12 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...