For reference, in Alden shoes, I wear 8D Barrie and 8.5D Hampton/Grant, 9 in Rancourt Ranger Mocs (to accommodate the width of my feet). I'm very happy with my size 8 sneakers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 6:00 am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 705post #10561 of 105773/9/17 at 11:12ampost #10562 of 105773/10/17 at 8:31ampost #10563 of 105773/10/17 at 8:56ampost #10564 of 105773/14/17 at 2:15pm
Question for any Gustin folks still around... @joshgustin
Why do you recommend sizing up 2-3 sizes up for unsanforized denim? Why not just cut the jeans bigger to begin with? I for one don't really want a 37 tag on my size 34 or 35 jeans... Just a thought.
As a further point, I was just looking at some listings for LVC jeans. They are consistently sized 2-3 inches larger in the waist than the tagged size. This is consistent with what I would expect from unsanforized jeans that will "shrink to fit". Without that, all you're doing is the reverse of vanity sizing.
Edited by Fueco - 3/14/17 at 3:24pmpost #10565 of 105773/17/17 at 9:27amSweatshorts: I've been wanting some for a while, but seems a bit expensive. I'm willing to bite just to support Gustin.
Anyone have sizing advice from their sweatpants? I see that Gustin suggests a small for me since I buy 32 jeans and chinos, but the thighs seem very narrow in general.
Edited by Churchill W - 3/17/17 at 11:37ampost #10566 of 105773/17/17 at 4:00pmpost #10567 of 105773/18/17 at 8:15ampost #10568 of 105773/19/17 at 12:39ampost #10569 of 105773/23/17 at 1:51pmpost #10570 of 105773/23/17 at 2:39pmQuote:
https://www.weargustin.com/howitworks :Quote:Can I exchange or return an item after I receive it?
Unlike other brands, we do not carry inventory. This helps us keep our prices low, but makes exchanges a bit trickier. We’ll do our best to facilitate exchanges for unworn (outside of fit purposes in your home), unwashed and unaltered items for a comparable style or store credit.
We may not have the same exact fabric you’re looking for, but considering how many different fabrics we’ve run over the years, we will do our best to make sure you are taken care of. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
hope this helpspost #10571 of 105773/23/17 at 6:02pmReceived my new waxed brown field jacket yesterday (finally - now that spring is around the corner). Minor bitching aside.... I love it! Based on a few prior reviews, I thought I'd need to return it. Nope. Fits very well and looks great.
A couple pairs of chinos showed up too. Love the fit of the slims. Better than my Epaulets.
Hoping my first Gustin denim fits as well.post #10572 of 105773/24/17 at 3:19ampost #10573 of 105773/24/17 at 11:47ampost #10574 of 105773/24/17 at 6:10pmpost #10575 of 105773/26/17 at 9:25pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › lefty's random dog thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...