a machine wash is fine so long as you don't throw your jeans in with another load of clothes. I did that once with my N&F denim and they got streaky. washing denim by themselves is fine though.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 1:53 am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 675post #10111 of 1034010/5/16 at 9:45ampost #10112 of 1034010/5/16 at 3:26pmQuote:
I'm guessing most of you do this, but I also turn mine inside out when I dopost #10113 of 1034010/5/16 at 4:53pmQuote:
I do the same. Wash on gentle cold turned inside out, only jeans in the load. Hang dry inside (not outside in the sun).
I love my jeans but I can't retreat to hand washing my clothing in the bathtub. That's seems a bit extreme.post #10114 of 1034010/5/16 at 5:30pmpost #10115 of 1034010/5/16 at 8:08pmNever knew that, thanks for the heads up.. Yeah I washed and dried a couple Gustins with other clothes and got the dreaded streaks..post #10116 of 1034010/5/16 at 8:19pmpost #10117 of 1034010/6/16 at 4:42amQuote:
forgot to mention that, I turn mine inside out as well. I think it's important to note that we're talking about jeans. they will fade no matter what any of us do because of the nature of cotton. I'll always do an initial tub soak for new jeans but I seriously can't be bothered with tub soaks/washes for the life of my jeans. I simply don't have the patience for that.post #10118 of 1034010/6/16 at 11:55amQuote:So for new pair of gustin chino it's safe to turn them inside out & put them for gentle cycle wash alone then air dry before getting it hemmed. Or soaking it in warn bath is the way to go? I am leaning towards machine gentle cycle wash.Originally Posted by gaseousclayQuote:
forgot to mention that, I turn mine inside out as well. I think it's important to note that we're talking about jeans. they will fade no matter what any of us do because of the nature of cotton. I'll always do an initial tub soak for new jeans but I seriously can't be bothered with tub soaks/washes for the life of my jeans. I simply don't have the patience for that.post #10119 of 1034010/6/16 at 12:36pmQuote:
The chinos come prewashed they are not raw. Washing them on cold and hang drying or tumble drying on low heat should not shrink.post #10120 of 1034010/7/16 at 3:42pmpost #10121 of 1034010/7/16 at 4:03pmpost #10122 of 1034010/7/16 at 4:22pmpost #10123 of 1034010/7/16 at 4:27pmQuote:
Crowd sourcing and cutting out the middle man all to provide a superior quality product to the customer at a much lower cost.
It all sounds good and has been proven to work well for the most part. But what you don't hear about too often is the downside.
You're much less insulated from any problems.
If a factory catches fire, workers go on strike or shipment gets delayed then Gustin (and by extension, us the end customer) have very little recourse but to wait.
If you were buying retail, the delayed product simply wouldn't be displayed, you wouldn't be able to pay for it and you certainly wouldn't get pissed at any delays. You'd also be paying substantially more for any product that you can buy.
post #10124 of 1034010/7/16 at 7:04pmpost #10125 of 1034010/8/16 at 2:22pmQuote:
I've been waiting on a pair of black high tops since March. I think I could have learned the trade and fabricated my own pair during the wait time. I knew what I was getting into with Gustin but the deliberately misleading and inaccurate updates really frustrate me. They promise delivery dates that don't occur, they promise to provide updates by a certain date and leave you hanging for a month, blame delay on factory shutdowns that they should have factored into their delivery estimate, etc... I've seen lemonade stands run by third graders with more organization and reliability. I'm going to rock the hell out of the shoes when they finally do arrive though. If Gustin delivers by the end of the year to make it an even 9 months, I'll consider it divine intervention.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 26 minutes ago
- › RARE: Staple Rubinacci Grey Suit EU52/50 31 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 46 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 52 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 56 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway