Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 672post #10067 of 104829/28/16 at 9:23ampost #10068 of 104829/28/16 at 9:24ampost #10069 of 104829/28/16 at 9:38am
The fit of the Field Jacket should be perfect for my build (husky/athletic).
Even the sleeve length will be more suitable than some of their other jackets.
Slightly flared at the waist will be better than a tight (City Coat) fit for this purpose. It looks like a perfect Fall jacket; good for layering.
I would buy two colors if I could (so, navy for now).
A waxed version would be a nice addition to this new series.post #10070 of 104829/28/16 at 9:43ampost #10071 of 104829/28/16 at 9:48ampost #10072 of 104829/28/16 at 12:02pmpost #10073 of 104829/29/16 at 11:08ampost #10074 of 104829/29/16 at 9:53pmpost #10075 of 104829/30/16 at 12:22amQuote:
nomen est omen!post #10076 of 104829/30/16 at 6:48ampost #10077 of 104829/30/16 at 8:39ampost #10078 of 104829/30/16 at 8:52ampost #10079 of 104829/30/16 at 10:24pm
The L1 fit is perfect, except for one very important part... the sleeves. They're approaching 2" too long. Altering that leather won't be cheap. Hoping there's some kind of "molding" effect that may happen. There's really no good reason I can think of (other than accommodating those with longer arms, of course) why they shouldn't be 35".
The City Coat is much closer for me, only about 1" too long in the sleeves (given the style).
I imagine the field jacket material will stretch a little, but I am also so thankful for the 35" sleeve length. In this more outdoor, casual style, I'm not as concerned about slightly long sleeves.
"Get to know a good tailor," sure; but most people are so used to off the rack fitting. I'll say it again, Please offer custom tailoring. It may even bring in more customers. What's a few extra dollars, and an extra week or two wait, when you know it will fit, right?
For instance, I cuff selvedge denim, but am far from a 36" inseam. (I keep getting asked if there's a flood... LOL!) Thankfully, Detroit Denim is supposed to be good and not outrageously priced.post #10080 of 1048210/1/16 at 12:27amQuote:
At least it's an easier part of the jacket to get tailored.Quote:
We're (SF) not most people. Offering custom tailoring sounds like a headache to me.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 5 minutes ago
- › Mühle Glashütte Terranaut III Trail Automatic Watch Complete $799 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...