or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina group MTO interest check
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina group MTO interest check

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I was going to buy Wholecut, Navy Shell rain last from Carmina.
However, I got Betty's response about sizing. If you are a D go for Simpson since Rain last is too roomy.


Unfortunately MTO is out of my price range, $651 euro exclude VAT and $50 euro shipping.
I am wondering if there's an interest on

=============================
Last: Simpson

leather: Navy Shell Cordovan

style going for:
Slick Oxford with Navy shell Cordovan, open for suggestion.

ie

captoe - http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/-9sduWlFr90c/UZTxw1fOKCI/AAAAAAAAM18/GhYc9FtpWmY/s640/small_STC-10808-Pose1.jpg

or

http://www.leatherfoot.com/shop/shoes/carmina-shoemaker/car-910-902
=============================

Not sure how many people we need for price to be around $500-600 USD, the non MTO price, if that's even possible.
However, it's 6 people to start the MTO groupbuy
Edited by booyaolian - 10/24/13 at 8:15am
post #2 of 13
Thread Starter 
bump
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaolian View Post

bump

I think organizing a group MTO without going through established retailers (ie, Gentlemens Footwear, Epaulet, Unipair, Skokie, etc) will be difficult. Also, if you go through the retailers then shell MTOs are generally about $800.

That said, I am a navy shell whore and would generally be interested in any Simpson last configuration with a preference for the captoe in your examples (or thinking outside the box, a single monk split toe...).
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

I think organizing a group MTO without going through established retailers (ie, Gentlemens Footwear, Epaulet, Unipair, Skokie, etc) will be difficult. Also, if you go through the retailers then shell MTOs are generally about $800.

That said, I am a navy shell whore and would generally be interested in any Simpson last configuration with a preference for the captoe in your examples (or thinking outside the box, a single monk split toe...).

Thanks for the heads up, I am gonna use retailer.
I don't think people would trust me enough to paypal me their money. I only created this thread so it won't get buried in that 400 pages thread.
However, $800, hm..killer. I'd say still doable if it's shipped price. Even though not far off from the 650 euro Betty quote me.
Not gonna be interested in Monk. I personally think it's a fad and not rich enough to buy into trends.

Can't go wrong with Captoe though, we'll see how it turn out.
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaolian View Post

Thanks for the heads up, I am gonna use retailer.
I don't think people would trust me enough to paypal me their money. I only created this thread so it won't get buried in that 400 pages thread.
However, $800, hm..killer. I'd say still doable if it's shipped price. Even though not far off from the 650 euro Betty quote me.
Not gonna be interested in Monk. I personally think it's a fad and not rich enough to buy into trends.

Can't go wrong with Captoe though, we'll see how it turn out.

Good luck on your MTO quest, I will be watching.

WRT monks being a fad we will have to agree to disagree. They might be more in currently but they will never be out. No skin off my back either way.
post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

Good luck on your MTO quest, I will be watching.

WRT monks being a fad we will have to agree to disagree. They might be more in currently but they will never be out. No skin off my back either way.
They were always there, but never in till now. At least not I know of, before my time if there was a time..
While Oxford will never be out! That's a fact
post #7 of 13
most of the retailers will ask for 50% up front which helps big time because a $800 shoe becomes $400 now and $400 in about 3 months. Makes life a little more affordable. I have a few pairs of Bontonis that cost me upwards of $1400-$1600 a pair and it hurt when 2 came in at a time.

Good luck and I know monks have made a resurgence but they had always been around and a very interesting style.

I disagree with your logic for going oxford style which is more conservative with a navy shell which is the opposite of conservative. If you are going to do something conservative stick with brown or black calf and if you are going to go with something opposite of conservative going with a derby, brogue, monk, or split toe is probably a better fit.

Again I dont really follow any "style" rules but thats my .02
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post


Good luck on your MTO quest, I will be watching.

WRT monks being a fad we will have to agree to disagree. They might be more in currently but they will never be out. No skin off my back either way.

 

I wholeheartedly agree with the above.

post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I disagree with your logic for going oxford style which is more conservative with a navy shell which is the opposite of conservative. If you are going to do something conservative stick with brown or black calf and if you are going to go with something opposite of conservative going with a derby, brogue, monk, or split toe is probably a better fit.

Again I dont really follow any "style" rules but thats my .02
You are right, that's why I feel the wholecut with brogue at the tip would work well, conservative with enough casualness.
I already have a grey wingtip, so don't want another full brogue. I think Navy wholecut brogue would work with navy, brown, grey suit, darker casual pants, and jeans.
On the other hand, unsure how navy monk would fair with suits after the current trend fades, might be too casual especially with the navy shell.

Anyway, that's my mentality and due to the fund I would rather spend on the more conservative choice.
After the shell I'll most likely go with a black JLobb or G&G when they are on sale.
post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
bump
post #11 of 13

I would be in if this is the single or double monk. 

post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
I guess I'll take double monk into consideration and see how it goes.

Still going for this exact model http://www.leatherfoot.com/shop/shoes/carmina-shoemaker/car-910-902 in Navy Shell as first choice

bump
post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina group MTO interest check