or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › FABRICS VINTAGE MILAN
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FABRICS VINTAGE MILAN

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

This time I want to address a very particular of Milan. It's called Il Vecchio Drappiere and is a shop specializing in bespoke vintage dress fabrics .

They are one of the oldest shops in Milan. It is located a few steps from the Duomo, in via Marvel 16. You can also contact them at 02 / 866634 .

But because there wis submit this store? Simple . Because it is unique in Europe and in the world . From them I found incredible vintage fabrics . Some have more than 80 years. And just think that Zegna has gone from them to look for fabrics that had done 100 years ago.

They still have the best flannels in the world of vintage Guabello . And then have coats of 1940. As well as have many fantastic English fabrics . For example, they have the old jackets in cashmere Wain Shiell 1960. And they also have a few more cutting cloth , Reid & Taylor always 1950.

Below you can see the pictures I took when I went the last time the Vecchio Drappiere . At that time I bought a fabric so old they do not have any signs wear . certainly has a quality crazy . So the photos you see of individual tissues belong to my private collection . And of course I've ever taken from them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

My personal fabrics by Vecchio Drappiere in Milan

 

 

 

 

I really hope this can help to address you enter more true in the world of vintage clothing for bespoke.

 

You can also visit their blog to see the latest news vintage: http://illvecchiodrappiere.blogspot.it/

post #2 of 14
Thread Starter 

Yesterday I went to the Vecchio Drappiere in Milan in search of vintage fabric to make pants bespoke fun. And look what I found ... it's two flannels Italian outdated. What do you think?

 

 

post #3 of 14
Any idea on the price range there. Gianni?
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

Any idea on the price range there. Gianni?

Thank you for your message. VecchioDrappiere prices for wool vintage ranging from 90 to 150 Euros. Then the price of vintage cashmere salt of course. It depends on the weight and brand. But of course they all have wonderful things. Every time I go I get lost between the shelves and vintage fabrics. And they are one of the few shops in Europe to have those vintage fabrics of the highest quality. They tissues of 70-80 years ago.

post #5 of 14
we would enjoy seeing more Gianni. thank you.
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 

 

 

here are some more images of vintage by Vecchio Drappiere ... it is a vintage cashmere coat Joshua Ellis English. is great .. and you think that still weighs 850 grams per square meter ... has a unique and wonderful softness. And then those colors are fantastic.

What do you think?

post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post







here are some more images of vintage by Vecchio Drappiere ... it is a vintage cashmere coat Joshua Ellis English. is great .. and you think that still weighs 850 grams per square meter ... has a unique and wonderful softness. And then those colors are fantastic.


What do you think?
looks very soft and wonderful. quite light colored for outerwear.
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


looks very soft and wonderful. quite light colored for outerwear.

it is very soft ... in fact it will be my next purchase .... and then that coat with velvet pants and a sport coat in the countryside is perfect.

post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 

 

Here are other jackets that I photographed while I was at Vecchio Drappiere of Milan ... are mostly English and Scottish.

 

 

post #10 of 14
I will be travelling to Milan next year
Do they stock shirting or silk for neckwear?
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post

I will be travelling to Milan next year
Do they stock shirting or silk for neckwear?
 
 
 
 
 
They specialize in vintage fabrics for suits and coats. Then have modern fabrics for clothing. They also have a small selection of shirt fabrics.

From vintage printed silks tie still hand ... because I do bespoke vintage ties ... I io =) ... they are not thirsty.

But you're interested in the fabrics dress? Or from shirts?

If you are interested in fabrics shirts tell me because I have an address on milan that will be useful.
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post

 

 
They specialize in vintage fabrics for suits and coats. Then have modern fabrics for clothing. They also have a small selection of shirt fabrics.


From vintage printed silks tie still hand ... because I do bespoke vintage ties ... I io =) ... they are not thirsty.


But you're interested in the fabrics dress? Or from shirts?


If you are interested in fabrics shirts tell me because I have an address on milan that will be useful.

Does il vecchio drappiere sell silk suiting? Is this where you bought the material for your silk coat?

Where is the store that sells shirt fabric? Thanks.
post #13 of 14
il vecchio drappere
has many interesting
things
i and member
jona have been
visiting paola
from many many
years.

for shirtings
paolo clerici
is a milanese
institution
but
better to rent
a car
and drive to
albino
and buy to
heart's content
of thomas mason
and dj anderson
or even visit
giancarlo bonfanti
post #14 of 14
Thanks. I don't think I'll have the time to drive out of the city.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › FABRICS VINTAGE MILAN