or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Zonkey Boot Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zonkey Boot Appreciation Thread - Page 4

post #46 of 155
Has anyone had success getting in touch with Zonkey through their website's Contact Us page? https://www.zonkeyboot.com/contact-us/

I reached out last week inquiring whether I'd incur an MTO fee for a wider width on a boot that would need to be pre-ordered (as my size isn't available). I haven't heard anything yet.
post #47 of 155
All of my communication with them (except for when I met them in person) has been through shop@zonkeyboot.com

I ordered a boot that was a smaller size than they normally make and there was no extra cost...you just have to wait for the shoe to be made. If I wanted the same boot with a rubber sole there would be a MTO fee.
post #48 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

Has anyone had success getting in touch with Zonkey through their website's Contact Us page? https://www.zonkeyboot.com/contact-us/

I reached out last week inquiring whether I'd incur an MTO fee for a wider width on a boot that would need to be pre-ordered (as my size isn't available). I haven't heard anything yet.


They will get back to you ultimately. But might be better to email them than use the contact form. It took me a few days to get a response via contact form but after that initial delay email communication has been responded within a day. It could be possible that they are travelling though. I wouldn't worry about it as their customer service has been excellent from my experience.

 

I believe wider widths are only available as MTO and would incur a fee. Would be happy to find out for sure when you hear back from them!

post #49 of 155

Sorry to hear that you tried to contact us. We haven't received your message. Please try again with our direct shop address. shop@zonkeyboot.com

post #50 of 155

Met up with Michael Rollig on Saturday at a Trunk Shoe at Brogues Geneva; Michael took the time to show me several models and explain the construction to me. They are also launching some new high end sneakers with a fabulous insole for max comfort. Will probably pick up some pairs in the coming weeks. This pair caught my eye; beatitude browns and burnished toe and a stunning last (High Street?).

 

 

post #51 of 155
Subscribed
post #52 of 155

Would be nice to see some comprehensive list for lasts/etc

 

dont want it to be like the enzo thread, where there seems to be a new last no one has known about popping up every 2 weeks

post #53 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 

Would be nice to see some comprehensive list for lasts/etc

 

dont want it to be like the enzo thread, where there seems to be a new last no one has known about popping up every 2 weeks

 

https://www.zonkeyboot.com/sizes-fitting/#shoe_guide

post #54 of 155
Of all my shoes (about 12 pair) the Zonkey are my most worn.
post #55 of 155

Boots arrived before the year ended! 

 

Norvegese welt is done much slimmer than the ones from EB. Packaging is very nicely done. Boots came in a neat mesh sleeve to protect the finish in addition to the shoe bag and spare laces placed on top. Shoe box size is also big enough (received too many boots squashed in boxes that are too small in my life :censored:). 

 

IMO, Shoe trees fit better than Vass ones. No other comparison points yet.

 

Overall, very happy with it and would look to order more in the future! It is a pleasure to work with Alexandra who goes through great detail to explain things over email.

 

Specs:

 

Art. ZB 048

Wholecut derby boots

Sailor last

Horween Russian Calf

Norvegese welt

Vibram rubber soles

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #56 of 155
Those look great! I had no idea that the russian calf that Zonkey used was Horween - do you know if that's the same as StC?
post #57 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

Those look great! I had no idea that the russian calf that Zonkey used was Horween - do you know if that's the same as StC?

 

You will have to ask them to be 100% sure but most "Russian Calf" used would likely be the Horween stuff (http://www.aacrack.co.uk/catalogue.asp?product_id=69) unless you can get the real 1786 leather recovered from the wreck which would cost a bomb too.

 

There was some posts on the Leather thread indicating some other tanneries (Italy I think?) also make a similar looking product.

post #58 of 155

Does Zonkey do GMTOs?

post #59 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 

Does Zonkey do GMTOs?

 

Yes.. minimum 3 pairs on exactly same specs except sizes to waive the MTO surcharge but leader should coordinate everything and be the sole contact person. Shoe trees are not provided for GMTO.

 

All other MTO conditions apply - https://www.zonkeyboot.com/made-to-order/

post #60 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecwy View Post
 

Boots arrived before the year ended! 

 

Norvegese welt is done much slimmer than the ones from EB. Packaging is very nicely done. Boots came in a neat mesh sleeve to protect the finish in addition to the shoe bag and spare laces placed on top. Shoe box size is also big enough (received too many boots squashed in boxes that are too small in my life :censored:). 

 

IMO, Shoe trees fit better than Vass ones. No other comparison points yet.

 

Overall, very happy with it and would look to order more in the future! It is a pleasure to work with Alexandra who goes through great detail to explain things over email.

 

Specs:

 

Art. ZB 048

Wholecut derby boots

Sailor last

Horween Russian Calf

Norvegese welt

Vibram rubber soles


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just got turned on to this brand. These look fantastic. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Zonkey Boot Appreciation Thread