And while I have been exposed to - and own - a fairly diverse cross-section of premium RTW footwear, I haven't yet seen them all.
But in the spirit of contribution I will say that I have yet to encounter a RTW shoe that I would rank higher than St. Crispin's.
I'll perhaps expand a bit more later if time permits, but the factors which inform that assessment include, in no particular order:
* Elegant lines in every shoe they make,
* A great diversity of stylesand materials,
* Hand lasted and hand welted construction,
* Beautiful finishing inside and out,
* Uniquely supportive and comfortable contoured insoles,
* The ability to adjust the fit of standard lasts to accomodate any but the most extreme fitment issues,
* Extremely affordable recrafting service,
* Reasonably quick turnaround time for custom orders.
* Arguably the most beautiful wholecuts and chukkas in the world.
All pics courtesy of LeatherFoot.