or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread - Page 46

post #676 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

You had snow? You must have been posh - we never had snow as children....

etc. etc... rimshot.gif


(For people not from England)

Genius. I'd forgotten this.
post #677 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post



At least it's not 18+ inches of snow like it is outside my office right now...


I did my time in the blizzards of Boston and the slush of New York ;).

 

Very different pace of life here. Although the rain seems to wreak as much damage on the tube as a few inches of snow in Boston or NYC. I recall Boston clearing itself of over a foot in under a day multiple times. In fact that was one of the situations that ended up with me appreciate nice shoes. The projects neighboring my apartment like to let their sidewalks ice over so badly I'd fall even in my army combat boots. Only a pair of commado soled Aldens kept me from falling on my walks to class.

post #678 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Off topic: I'm from Lancaster ... Pennsylvania, in the United States. Funny, while I've always been aware of colonial references - the "New" in New York, etc. - but until you mentioned it, I never thought of Lancaster in Britain. I'm thinking you might not have known there was a Lancaster on the other side of the pond; maybe the colonists should have named it "New Lancaster" smile.gif
My ex is from Lancaster... I've been many times to visit Amish-land... I have lots of quilts and hand made wooden furniture. I also know how to drive a buggy.

I think Intercourse, PA is a more interesting name. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post


I did my time in the blizzards of Boston and the slush of New York wink.gif.

Very different pace of life here. Although the rain seems to wreak as much damage on the tube as a few inches of snow in Boston or NYC. I recall Boston clearing itself of over a foot in under a day multiple times. In fact that was one of the situations that ended up with me appreciate nice shoes. The projects neighboring my apartment like to let their sidewalks ice over so badly I'd fall even in my army combat boots. Only a pair of commado soled Aldens kept me from falling on my walks to class.
Come over to MI... if you fall you have a fall that will be softer than a down mattress!

AFTER the sidewalk was cleared numerous times:
Untitled

Guess what I'm wearing! smile.gif
post #679 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

I think Intercourse, PA is a more interesting name. lol
Second best to Fucking, Austria
post #680 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post


My ex is from Lancaster... I've been many times to visit Amish-land... I have lots of quilts and hand made wooden furniture. I also know how to drive a buggy.

I think Intercourse, PA is a more interesting name. lol
Come over to MI... if you fall you have a fall that will be softer than a down mattress!

AFTER the sidewalk was cleared numerous times:
Untitled

Guess what I'm wearing! smile.gif

 

It's killing us, do say!

post #681 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

My ex is from Lancaster... I've been many times to visit Amish-land... I have lots of quilts and hand made wooden furniture. I also know how to drive a buggy.

I think Intercourse, PA is a more interesting name. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Second best to Fucking, Austria

We're off topic in an affil thread, but I have to add - that region of Pennsylvania has a lot of ... ahem ... interestingly named town/villages. No joke:

There's also Virginville, Climax, Lickdale, Bird-In-Hand...
post #682 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterandSon View Post

razl,

Interesting indeed. Lancaster in Lancashire, England is a fine city and if you're ever in England and visiting the Lake District it's worth a visit. I'm from a city called Preston, nowhere near of glamorous as Lancaster but, well, it's my home town and only 20 miles or so from Lancaster.

I agree that we were a bit remiss not naming your Lancaster 'New' and I hadn't come across it before, but we could issue you with a Lancashire Red Rose (as in the War of the Roses) as a mark of respect for our shared heritage!cheers.gif

If I ever get in the area I'll make a point to visit the real Lancaster, and tell 'em I'm from the colonies smile.gif

And cheers.gif back at ya!
post #683 of 1131

I highly recommend that people visit the store if they have the chance. The shape and beauty of the shoes comes out in person in a way you can't quite capture in the photos. 

 

Some great conversation too!

post #684 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post


If I ever get in the area I'll make a point to visit the real Lancaster, and tell 'em I'm from the colonies smile.gif

And cheers.gif back at ya!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post



We're off topic in an affil thread, but I have to add - that region of Pennsylvania has a lot of ... ahem ... interestingly named town/villages. No joke:
There's also Virginville, Climax, Lickdale, Bird-In-Hand...

 

Looks like an interesting place to visit, I'd have to practice my straight face!

 

BTW Colonials are always welcome in Lancaster!

post #685 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post
 

I highly recommend that people visit the store if they have the chance. The shape and beauty of the shoes comes out in person in a way you can't quite capture in the photos. 

 

Some great conversation too!

 

MSchapiro,

 

You're very kind and it was lovely to see you, I couldn't believe that the conversation was so catholic, we seemed to put the world to rights!

 

Foster & Son

post #686 of 1131
Thread Starter 

Gentlemen,

 

As we were looking round the store yesterday we found two pairs of balmoral boots which might be of interest. They were made as special orders (which weren't picked up) and are in different make-ups to our normal Montrose boot. The brown/brown suede combination is in a UK9Fand the all-black calf pair is in a UK8.5E, both are priced at our sale price of £460 including UK VAT. Photo's below, please PM if you're interested.

 

 

 

Foster & Son

post #687 of 1131
Thread Starter 

Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell Vintage Shoes

 

These Foster & Son side-gusseted Cambridge shoes with covered elastics were made in the 50's as a sample to be taken to the States when we were on bespoke visits. I think that this is one of the loveliest shoes we've ever made.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Foster & Son

post #688 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterandSon View Post
 

Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell Vintage Shoes

 

These Foster & Son side-gusseted Cambridge shoes with covered elastics were made in the 50's as a sample to be taken to the States when we were on bespoke visits. I think that this is one of the loveliest shoes we've ever made.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Foster & Son

Beautiful shoes...compliments

post #689 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post
 

Beautiful shoes...compliments

 

Thank you very much!

post #690 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterandSon View Post

Gentlemen,

As we were looking round the store yesterday we found two pairs of balmoral boots which might be of interest. They were made as special orders (which weren't picked up) and are in different make-ups to our normal Montrose boot. The brown/brown suede combination is in a UK9Fand the all-black calf pair is in a UK8.5E, both are priced at our sale price of £460 including UK VAT. Photo's below, please PM if you're interested.







Foster & Son

great price
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread