or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread - Page 26

post #376 of 1064
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG33 View Post

I'm personally a huge fan of chisel toe and if you have anything similar to the Chaves in RTW I would jump on it (saw the Fallway when in London but unfortunately did not appeal to me as toe was too round)

As for the side gusset models...not my cup of tea

AlexG33,

 

We are looking at the Fawley last to refine it further and hopefully it will be more like the Chaves, we will post the new samples when they come in.

 

Understood re the Cambridge.

 

Foster & Son

post #377 of 1064
Maybe something like this

CIMG1105.jpg

CIMG1107.jpg
post #378 of 1064
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverwood View Post

Maybe something like this

CIMG1105.jpg

CIMG1107.jpg

 

Very handsome and a great starter for ten. what about a punched cap?

post #379 of 1064

How about the above style with a punched cap in burgundy?

post #380 of 1064
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredAstaire1899 View Post
 

How about the above style with a punched cap in burgundy?

 

So, punched cap, burgundy... any other brogueing, round toe/chisel toe?

post #381 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterandSon View Post
 

 

So, punched cap, burgundy... any other brogueing, round toe/chisel toe?

 

Perhaps the style previously posted from the Foster's archive would be most suitable: http://cdn.styleforum.net/c/c7/c7784061_20131125_174956.jpeg.  However, I prefer the last as per the previous tan shoe, something like the AS 109, however, perhaps a little more roomy in the toe box.  As I've never worn a gusset shoe before, never seen one in person in fact, I can't comment on whether brogueing on the heel would look too to crowded or not.

 

Regarding the Chaves, I believe the hard chisel, with either a narrow or larger toe box, looks best, and I think the more angular last suits the fading process better from the samples I've seen.

 

But these are just my suggestions/ideas :).

post #382 of 1064
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredAstaire1899 View Post
 

 

Perhaps the style previously posted from the Foster's archive would be most suitable: http://cdn.styleforum.net/c/c7/c7784061_20131125_174956.jpeg.  However, I prefer the last as per the previous tan shoe, something like the AS 109, however, perhaps a little more roomy in the toe box.  As I've never worn a gusset shoe before, never seen one in person in fact, I can't comment on whether brogueing on the heel would look too to crowded or not.

 

Regarding the Chaves, I believe the hard chisel, with either a narrow or larger toe box, looks best, and I think the more angular last suits the fading process better from the samples I've seen.

 

But these are just my suggestions/ideas :).

 

FredAstaire1899,

 

Serendipity, the shoes you've quoted are actually mine - hence the awful photos! We agree about the Chaves, hence the work on the last. And we could look at the brogueing, combined with the cap toe and burgundy calf for the lazyman, it would certainly make for an original and striking shoe. What do you all say?

 

Foster & Son

post #383 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterandSon View Post

FredAstaire1899,

Serendipity, the shoes you've quoted are actually mine - hence the awful photos! We agree about the Chaves, hence the work on the last. And we could look at the brogueing, combined with the cap toe and burgundy calf for the lazyman, it would certainly make for an original and striking shoe. What do you all say?

Foster & Son

Foster & Son

Regardless of the style/pattern that is deciced, I must say the fading effect on brown w/ fox medalion (as you suggested earlier) would be something that really says F&S. (vs burgundy, sorry!)... I think the effect looks stunning, but I'm not sure others wants to pay a premium.

btw, are those black captoe lazymen of yours (linked above) a bespoken pair? Personally I love that full round last! (though I understand that the Chaves' style chiseled toes is where the consensus is heading)
post #384 of 1064
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post


Foster & Son

Regardless of the style/pattern that is deciced, I must say the fading effect on brown w/ fox medalion (as you suggested earlier) would be something that really says F&S. (vs burgundy, sorry!)... I think the effect looks stunning, but I'm not sure others wants to pay a premium.

btw, are those black captoe lazymen of yours (linked above) a bespoken pair? Personally I love that full round last! (though I understand that the Chaves' style chiseled toes is where the consensus is heading)

 

nutcracker,

 

Many thanks for the response. I see your point regarding brown v. burgundy - and the signature element of your point above - and wonder whether it would help to see a pair of burgundy shoes with the fading?

 

The black captoe lazyman shoes are bespoke and, like you, I love the toe shape. What do others think?

 

Foster & Son

post #385 of 1064

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 90

 

I love this one. 

For this style I prefer round or soft-square..

Dark brown.  

 

BTW, what kind of time frame you have in your mind?    

post #386 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 90


I love this one. 
For this style I prefer round or soft-square..
Dark brown.  

BTW, what kind of time frame you have in your mind?    

+1 on that. I personally dig 'really soft' square on Cambridge.

pardon me for lifting these from the website


Edited by nutcracker - 11/26/13 at 6:36am
post #387 of 1064
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post


+1 on that. I personally dig 'really soft' square on Cambridge.

pardon me for lifting these from the website

 

No problem at all, it's a fantastic shoe.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 90

 

I love this one.

For this style I prefer round or soft-square..

Dark brown.

 

BTW, what kind of time frame you have in your mind?   

 

It is a lovely shoe, we really like it. As far as timescales are concerned we should have a sample shoe made by year end providing we can get some consensus about designs etc soon. Then it would be a question of making it which would take around about 12 weeks or so.

 

Foster & Son

post #388 of 1064
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I am belatedley getting around to posting my purchase from the good people at Foster & Son during their SF sale offering: Edward Green Ashbourne in burgundy calf:

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Hosting provided by FotoTime

 

RogerP, how are you liking them?

post #389 of 1064

^^^ Very well, thank you.  It's a handsome pair and very comfortable

post #390 of 1064
Thread Starter 

RogerP

 

Really pleased to hear it.

 

Foster & Son

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread