or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread - Page 69

post #1021 of 1131

Hi Foster quick question for you...

 

I wear a UK11.5 E Width in Gaziano & Girling and Edward Green...does that translate to a UK11.5 E Width  for the shoes that you posted that are on sale?

 


Much appreciation...thanks

 

 

post #1022 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

Hi Foster quick question for you...

 

I wear a UK11.5 E Width in Gaziano & Girling and Edward Green...does that translate to a UK11.5 E Width  for the shoes that you posted that are on sale?

 


Much appreciation...thanks

 

 

 

 

PCK1,

 

It does, you should find that the fitting is the same.

 

Foster & Son

post #1023 of 1131
just wondering what are the differences between the Premium range £725 compare to standard £475
post #1024 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

just wondering what are the differences between the Premium range £725 compare to standard £475

 

Wurger,

 

They're both excellent shoes. The main differences are in terms of the waist, which is lovely on both but exceptional on the Premium range, the leathers which are slightly better and the closing which is fabulous. It's a really good question and actually quite difficult to answer in print. I find that the Premium shoes are much closer to a bespoke fit (though that could just be me) and that I notice the sole stitching more, as strange as that may sound. It just feels better.

 

Would it help if I post some comparison pictures later on?

 

Foster & Son

post #1025 of 1131
cheers, all for photos!

would people take the same size in both lines?
post #1026 of 1131

If I may write a comment on that too. The premium range feels fantastic. It is similar feeling to trying some bespoke shoes. They are much nicely shaped therefore fit better I think. The quality is really improved compared to the lower range. Leather seem of higher quality to me and the finishing is fabulous, can confirm that. 

In terms of fit only, I was surprised but the lowest range (at least black oxford) fitted me very well but Premium was still a little bit. If you can afford I would strongly recommend Premium but if not the lowest range is very good as well. Did not like the medium range shoe though - similar quality to the lower line but did not fit well. All personal opinion. There are some photos earlier in this thread which I took at Fosters which show both lower line and the Premium model. (photo of me wearing the Premium shoe - the one with jeans - can be found here: http://blueloafers.com/shoes-2/foster-son-shoemakers-1/)

post #1027 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post
 

If I may write a comment on that too. The premium range feels fantastic. It is similar feeling to trying some bespoke shoes. They are much nicely shaped therefore fit better I think. The quality is really improved compared to the lower range. Leather seem of higher quality to me and the finishing is fabulous, can confirm that. 

In terms of fit only, I was surprised but the lowest range (at least black oxford) fitted me very well but Premium was still a little bit. If you can afford I would strongly recommend Premium but if not the lowest range is very good as well. Did not like the medium range shoe though - similar quality to the lower line but did not fit well. All personal opinion. There are some photos earlier in this thread which I took at Fosters which show both lower line and the Premium model. (photo of me wearing the Premium shoe - the one with jeans - can be found here: http://blueloafers.com/shoes-2/foster-son-shoemakers-1/)

 

Fantastic article, much appreciated...

post #1028 of 1131

Looks like the premium range shoe you tried on was the Fawley on the 13029 last, which looks like the only shoe produced on that last.  F&S - any chance other models will be produced on 13029?  It looks like a beautiful last!

post #1029 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post
 

Looks like the premium range shoe you tried on was the Fawley on the 13029 last, which looks like the only shoe produced on that last.  F&S - any chance other models will be produced on 13029?  It looks like a beautiful last!

 

jssdc,

 

There will be other models produced on the 13029 in time for Autumn - details as soon as I can get them to you. Glad you like it, it's my personal favourite. You may be interested to hear that the faded pair from earlier on in this thread were earmarked for me but Andrew Murphy, legend that he is, sold them a couple of weeks ago, so it looks like I will have to wait for 'my' pair of shoes a little while longer!

 

Foster & Son

post #1030 of 1131
Are you likely to stock any shoes/boots with a rounded toe (similar C&J's 236)? I dislike elongated/chiseled lasts. I have tried the 337, and although it fitted well, it didn't look right.
post #1031 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance View Post

Are you likely to stock any shoes/boots with a rounded toe (similar C&J's 236)? I dislike elongated/chiseled lasts. I have tried the 337, and although it fitted well, it didn't look right.

 

rabiesinfrance,

 

If you have a look at the website www.foster.co.uk you will see all the toe shapes we've got. It may be that there's something you like that's on sale. If you PM me with your size I'll try to get a full list to you.

 

Foster & Son

post #1032 of 1131
I'll take a look (I haven't checked the website for some time). I'm after a handgrade quality full brogue.

Most of the best lines are made on elongated/chiseled lasts, so there is very little out there. I don't fit the EG 202.
post #1033 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

cheers, all for photos!

would people take the same size in both lines?

 

wurger,

 

Some pictures below comparing the Sandringham and Fawley semi-brogues. Afraid I'm away from the shop at the moment so these are images that have already appeared in this thread. The pictures of the Fawley are of the faded model I refer to above, I will mourn their loss until I get another pair!

 

Sandringham

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 90

 

 

 

Fawley

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Foster & Son

post #1034 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance View Post

I'll take a look (I haven't checked the website for some time). I'm after a handgrade quality full brogue.

Most of the best lines are made on elongated/chiseled lasts, so there is very little out there. I don't fit the EG 202.

 

rabiesinfrance,

 

The best bet is probably the Edmund, http://foster.co.uk/our-products/ready-to-wear/oxfords/edmund-2/ but it may be a little pricey at £725 (including lasted shoe trees). I know that we are looking to introduce a new full brogue at a cheaper price but I don't currently have an eta for that shoe.

 

Foster & Son

post #1035 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

cheers, all for photos!

would people take the same size in both lines?

 

wurger,

 

Apologies for not answering the second part of your question. The answer is yes.

 

Foster & Son

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread