Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Just got clothes back from the tailor, what's the verdict? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:24pm in Classic Menswear
- Number of shirts in rotation? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:54am in Classic Menswear
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Folded Up Shirt P0rn - Page 310post #4637 of 46503/10/16 at 12:37am
Good election of cloths for the upcoming spring/summer.
I am curious about how these shirts from Luca compare to those from Lombardi.
By the way, which are the most traditional buttons used by neapolitan shirt makers? I've seen more often the small thick buttons of the shirts you posted brax, but Kiton uses the flat ones, which I honestly prefer given that they button up better in my opinion. It is possible to request these kind of buttons at Lomabrdi/Avitabile?
Best,post #4638 of 46503/10/16 at 1:37amThese are bespoke shirts and as such you can choose types of buttons amongst other things.
On a Neapolitan hidden placket shirts from another shirtmaker I once requested and got Charvet type of buttons.
On my shirts from Lombardi I have selected a button which is slightly wider and thinner than the usual thick Neapolitan ones. The key is that the buttonholes are proportionate to the buttons selected.
Finally worth nothing that the reason most Neapolitan shirtmaker default to thick MOP buttons is that traditionally these were rarer, more resistant and therefore more expensive. There used to be many buttons shop in Naples until the late 1990's, a very famous one on via Chiaia were my grandma and mum used to buy buttons to supply to home based shirtmakers.post #4639 of 46503/13/16 at 1:28am
You can´t imagine the models of buttons available for shirtmaking, even weird as squared, octogonal, smoked in different shades, all coming from the North of Italy most of the time and sure a shirtmaker has in stock, but usually is used the 16 paired with 14 in 4 mm most of the time, the one you can see in almost all the Neapolitan brands. The “thick” one.
There is a 5 mm one whose cost is triple than it, I got a few myself, but never seen any on a production shirt, a reseller was selling those online for 3,99 each!!!
For jackets is were you can´t imagine how many different buttons do exist! I always find new ones never seen before.post #4640 of 46504/28/16 at 2:40ampost #4641 of 46504/28/16 at 4:17ampost #4642 of 46504/28/16 at 5:13ampost #4643 of 46504/28/16 at 5:23ampost #4644 of 46504/28/16 at 7:00ampost #4645 of 46504/28/16 at 2:55pmpost #4646 of 46506/16/16 at 7:05pmpost #4647 of 46506/16/16 at 11:42pmpost #4648 of 46507/20/16 at 4:29am
Camicceria Piccolo (the famous cloth merchant). The shirt arrived today, as promised, 3 weeks from the order. I ordered thorough their website in an standard size, but you can provide your own measurements at the same cost (200€), something I'll do in the future based on this shirt. Cloth is Canclini cotton/linen. Very good finishing (8 hand steps) and very thick MOP buttons. In conclusion, for those who can't reach Naples easily and know their measurements this is a very good option for getting a MTM (not bespoke) shirt at a good price. I totally recommend.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have.post #4649 of 46507/20/16 at 6:21pmpost #4650 of 46507/21/16 at 9:46am
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Japanese Leather Goods/Accessories 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding