Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Just got clothes back from the tailor, what's the verdict? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:24pm in Classic Menswear
- Number of shirts in rotation? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:54am in Classic Menswear
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Folded Up Shirt P0rn - Page 290post #4337 of 465110/8/13 at 8:17pmpost #4338 of 465110/14/13 at 8:54ampost #4339 of 465110/25/13 at 5:28ampost #4340 of 465110/25/13 at 6:02amQuote:
Curious about your thoughts on Spier and Mackay.
I've found the measurements to be very accurate from the first go. Any fabric from their middle and lower offerings is pretty awful, however, and I've had at least 1-2 buttons fall off of all 6 shirts I've purchased by the 5th wear. I like that they are local and I can see the fabrics in person and discuss any small changes to the shirts I order. I don't ever plan on using them again unless they are running an "any three shirts for $150" deal and would only go for their "top" fabrics. I'm planning on sending in my best fitting Spier and Mackay to Luxire for a comparisonpost #4341 of 465110/26/13 at 4:53amI was thinking about doing the same thing.
As far as I can remember I've only ever gotten their top line fabrics. Their customer service is great, it's nice to chat with Rikky. Fit was very close the first time through (my right shoulder is very sloped compared to my left) but the adjustments were quick and have been good since. I've only had one shirt lose a bunch of buttons (and I have 7).
I'm going to order some of their more premium fabrics (Monti/Thomas Mason) my next time through (if I don't try something else).post #4342 of 465110/29/13 at 6:34pmpost #4343 of 465110/29/13 at 7:45pmEven with the color totally out of whack, those are some nice shirts; especially for a first post. You're a fan of turned back cuffs, eh?
ps - Welcome to StyleForum!post #4344 of 465110/29/13 at 9:12pmThanks Razl! I started with a solid blue that had the turnback cuffs and I really enjoy them. They are so unique. I blame the whack color on trying to compensate for cellphone camera quality. I will use a real camera whenever possible. I wish the shirts were still show-folded so I could get a better picture. This photo does not do these shirts justice!.post #4345 of 465110/30/13 at 2:44ampost #4346 of 465110/30/13 at 7:30ampost #4347 of 465110/30/13 at 6:35pmpost #4348 of 465110/31/13 at 11:29ampost #4349 of 465111/1/13 at 5:56pmpost #4350 of 465111/1/13 at 11:30pmQuote:
White cuffs and collar with a white body and sleeves are not too bad
Kidding aside, I like that 1980s power look at times, blue or blue/white striped shirt with white cuffs&collar.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 8 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding