Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Just got clothes back from the tailor, what's the verdict? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:24pm in Classic Menswear
- Number of shirts in rotation? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:54am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Folded Up Shirt P0rn - Page 290
Styleforum Top Picks
Curious about your thoughts on Spier and Mackay.
I've found the measurements to be very accurate from the first go. Any fabric from their middle and lower offerings is pretty awful, however, and I've had at least 1-2 buttons fall off of all 6 shirts I've purchased by the 5th wear. I like that they are local and I can see the fabrics in person and discuss any small changes to the shirts I order. I don't ever plan on using them again unless they are running an "any three shirts for $150" deal and would only go for their "top" fabrics. I'm planning on sending in my best fitting Spier and Mackay to Luxire for a comparison
As far as I can remember I've only ever gotten their top line fabrics. Their customer service is great, it's nice to chat with Rikky. Fit was very close the first time through (my right shoulder is very sloped compared to my left) but the adjustments were quick and have been good since. I've only had one shirt lose a bunch of buttons (and I have 7).
I'm going to order some of their more premium fabrics (Monti/Thomas Mason) my next time through (if I don't try something else).
ps - Welcome to StyleForum!
White cuffs and collar with a white body and sleeves are not too bad
Kidding aside, I like that 1980s power look at times, blue or blue/white striped shirt with white cuffs&collar.
- Folded Up Shirt P0rn
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 23 seconds ago
- › Balmain grey 100% cashmere cardigan. Size medium. 27 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 30 seconds ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 41 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...