or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Folded Up Shirt P0rn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Folded Up Shirt P0rn - Page 290

post #4336 of 4441
Cross post from the Luciano Lombardi thread. First two pictures (first with flash) are of a Carlo Riva linen/cotton blend. Third picture is of Ulster Weavers Irish Linen





post #4337 of 4441
A few new commissions from Spier & Mackay. Went with a soft collar on the red one and blue/brown one.


post #4338 of 4441
post #4339 of 4441
n5L0S8N.jpg
post #4340 of 4441
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. locktopus View Post

A few new commissions from Spier & Mackay. Went with a soft collar on the red one and blue/brown one.


Curious about your thoughts on Spier and Mackay.  

 

I've found the measurements to be very accurate from the first go. Any fabric from their middle and lower offerings is pretty awful, however, and I've had at least 1-2 buttons fall off of all 6 shirts I've purchased by the 5th wear.  I like that they are local and I can see the fabrics in person and discuss any small changes to the shirts I order.  I don't ever plan on using them again unless they are running an "any three shirts for $150" deal and would only go for their "top" fabrics.  I'm planning on sending in my best fitting Spier and Mackay to Luxire for a comparison

post #4341 of 4441
I was thinking about doing the same thing.

As far as I can remember I've only ever gotten their top line fabrics. Their customer service is great, it's nice to chat with Rikky. Fit was very close the first time through (my right shoulder is very sloped compared to my left) but the adjustments were quick and have been good since. I've only had one shirt lose a bunch of buttons (and I have 7).

I'm going to order some of their more premium fabrics (Monti/Thomas Mason) my next time through (if I don't try something else).
post #4342 of 4441

My first post here. A Colorado contributor. These are all 3 creations by Oscar Udeshi of London. From the left is a 170's Italian cotton, 240's Alumo and finally 120's Alumo in a pale lilac.

AppleMark

post #4343 of 4441
Even with the color totally out of whack, those are some nice shirts; especially for a first post. You're a fan of turned back cuffs, eh?

ps - Welcome to StyleForum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriceT1000 View Post

My first post here. A Colorado contributor. These are all 3 creations by Oscar Udeshi of London. From the left is a 170's Italian cotton, 240's Alumo and finally 120's Alumo in a pale lilac.
AppleMark
post #4344 of 4441
Thanks Razl! I started with a solid blue that had the turnback cuffs and I really enjoy them. They are so unique. I blame the whack color on trying to compensate for cellphone camera quality. I will use a real camera whenever possible. I wish the shirts were still show-folded so I could get a better picture. This photo does not do these shirts justice!.
post #4345 of 4441

Cross post:

 

post #4346 of 4441
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Even with the color totally out of whack, those are some nice shirts; especially for a first post. You're a fan of turned back cuffs, eh?

ps - Welcome to StyleForum!

Indeed; terrible lighting, great shirts and great first post!
post #4347 of 4441
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post


Indeed; terrible lighting, great shirts and great first post!

Thanks for the shirt compliments. Hopefully here in a few weeks a couple more will arrive and I can search for the light. Redemption will be had in the form of folded shirts.

post #4348 of 4441
vdr2.jpg
post #4349 of 4441
Do you like shirts with white cuffs and collar? Me neither, but due to my mistake when ordering, I am now stuck with a bunch. Give me a reality check; how bad is it?

post #4350 of 4441
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

Do you like shirts with white cuffs and collar? Me neither, but due to my mistake when ordering, I am now stuck with a bunch. Give me a reality check; how bad is it?


White cuffs and collar with a white body and sleeves are not too bad wink.gif

Kidding aside, I like that 1980s power look at times, blue or blue/white striped shirt with white cuffs&collar.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Folded Up Shirt P0rn