or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Folded Up Shirt P0rn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Folded Up Shirt P0rn - Page 283

post #4231 of 4481
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC (Houston) View Post

At that price point, I think it's a very nice touch, especially on the first order.
glad you are back TC.
post #4232 of 4481
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaviter View Post

Hi stiches, -- what kind of cuffs are on the Panta?  Thanks in advance.  

regular barrel. notched/metered iirc. lovely just like the rest of the shirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

glad you are back TC.

nod[1].gif
post #4233 of 4481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post

shirts look nice!
that is at least a $2.00 box. what a waste!
I hate useless packaging

Why is it a waste? I've got most of my shirt boxes re-purposed for other things - a box for small sewing odds&ends, improvised shoe care kit, an extra socks box, etc. They make nifty little utility boxes IMO and some of them are built like tanks.
post #4234 of 4481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

glad you are back TC.

Haha thanks! I never really left, just haven't been posting much recently.
post #4235 of 4481
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i buy stuff especially for the packaging.

BFAM.
post #4236 of 4481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post

shirts look nice!
that is at least a $2.00 box. what a waste!
I hate useless packaging

I am with you, but you are missing out on a whole generation of apple lovers.
post #4237 of 4481
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Why is it a waste? I've got most of my shirt boxes re-purposed for other things - a box for small sewing odds&ends, improvised shoe care kit, an extra socks box, etc. They make nifty little utility boxes IMO and some of them are built like tanks.

It is a very sturdy box,
I think you might be in the minority in saving them.
If i put each shirt in a $2.00 box, the price would go up by $.4.00
post #4238 of 4481
I re-purpose nice boxes, too.
post #4239 of 4481
A few months ago, I ordered three lengths of cloth - two lengths of oxford cloth and one length of sky-blue poplin - from an English maker of shirting fabric, Acorn, and handed them over to my friend Rene, of Deer Style in Brisbane, to have them made into shirts.

I recently received the finished shirts back from Rene and they are lovely.

I’m particularly pleased with the collar roll on the pink-and-white university stripe, oxford cloth shirt. I’d been looking for a similar shirt for a long time and couldn’t find one that I liked or that fitted me well, so when I spotted the cloth on the Acorn website, I decided to have one made.





post #4240 of 4481
Journeyman, fantastic looking shirts!
Pefect pattern matching on the yoke of the pink shirt also!

May I ask how many meters of the 150cm wide fabric you did order to have one shirt made and what width the chest of your shirts have?
post #4241 of 4481
v3.jpg
post #4242 of 4481
Yummy.
post #4243 of 4481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

A few months ago, I ordered three lengths of cloth - two lengths of oxford cloth and one length of sky-blue poplin - from an English maker of shirting fabric, Acorn, and handed them over to my friend Rene, of Deer Style in Brisbane, to have them made into shirts.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I recently received the finished shirts back from Rene and they are lovely.

I’m particularly pleased with the collar roll on the pink-and-white university stripe, oxford cloth shirt. I’d been looking for a similar shirt for a long time and couldn’t find one that I liked or that fitted me well, so when I spotted the cloth on the Acorn website, I decided to have one made.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Journeyman, fantastic looking shirts!
Pefect pattern matching on the yoke of the pink shirt also!

May I ask how many meters of the 150cm wide fabric you did order to have one shirt made and what width the chest of your shirts have?


Thank you very much - I'm very happy with them.

I have a fairly large, 44" (112cm) chest and I also have quite wide shoulders, so I decided to err on the side of caution and I bought 2.5m of each of the fabrics. I not only wanted to make sure that there was enough fabric for the shirts, but I also wanted to be sure that the fabrics patterns could be matched on the sleeveheads and yokes. It worked out very well.
post #4244 of 4481
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Yummy.

nod[1].gif
post #4245 of 4481
Thanks a lot Journeyman!

Did you receive the rest of the fabric back from the tailor or does it remain with him for when you need new cuffs/collars?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Folded Up Shirt P0rn