or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Folded Up Shirt P0rn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Folded Up Shirt P0rn - Page 251

post #3751 of 4528
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post



Explicit!





Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post



Explicit!
ZoomButt.gif



 


Did the customer ask for 2 red stripes on one side?
post #3752 of 4528
I've read through the last few pages, and here is the ruling on the field. There is no reason that a vendor cannot post shirts on this thread, same as any other member, and because this is not an affiliate thread, there is also no reason that other members, including industry people like Carl, cannot respond, positively or negatively, as long as the discussion is kept civil (well, as civil a Styleforum ever is.) Luxire should be treated as any other member would be. We've always had vendors active on the forum, ever since it started - Carl probably remembers a lot of that, and gdl, to a lesser degree. We've actually gotten more strict with time, actually.

I don't see any pricing information, any solicitations to sell, or anything else that would exclude Luxire from participating in this thread.
post #3753 of 4528
What are affiliate threads for then? Daily posting of "examples of work", neatly wrapped with a logo on the left and a link below, is essentially advertising. There's enough advertising all around the layout, and in multiple dedicated threads. Why can't we have content threads that are really content ? Needless to say, I disagree with the ruling - but I'm just a member so I have to accept it.
post #3754 of 4528
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

What are affiliate threads for then? Daily posting of "examples of work", neatly wrapped with a logo on the left and a link below, is essentially advertising. There's enough advertising all around the layout, and in multiple dedicated threads. Why can't we have content threads that are really content ? Needless to say, I disagree with the ruling - but I'm just a member so I have to accept it.

The predecence was set with Mina a few years ago. She asked what the parameters were, and it was decided that she could post pictures of Napoli su Misura work, as long as there was no addressing questions about tours, availability, pricing, etc..., and that the content was actually on the forum (so, no "read more here", links). We try to apply this standard fairly across the board.

Your point is taken, however. As a dubiously honored member, you are free to start a thread where only members without any affiliation to a maker/merchant are allowed to post! That would be your perogative.
post #3755 of 4528
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

There's enough advertising all around the layout

Indeed. Though I doubt "enough" is the right word.
post #3756 of 4528
I think that there may be a fine line between posting and jinda-bombing.

Aaron
post #3757 of 4528
Manton is dubiously honored and the thread starter, so he can edit as he sees fit, no?
post #3758 of 4528

whre are luxire shirts made?

post #3759 of 4528
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespokenfor View Post

whre are luxire shirts made?

India
post #3760 of 4528

guys can we rename the thread shirt porn. i only take delivery on hangers and the shirts produced by BoLine should be seen.

post #3761 of 4528
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespokenfor View Post

whre are luxire shirts made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric View Post

India

Bangalore, India?
post #3762 of 4528
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanm View Post

To take gdl's point further, I think you should look into having all of your posts in this thread deleted. This is a thread for shirt customers to display and discuss their recent purchases, not for vendors to hawk their goods.

CEGO was a paid affiliate for several years. my online sales presence is minimal so i Pulled the tile. If I relaunch my website in any significant way, then i will pay for a link.

Of the three shirts that I posted recently, two of them were in fact shirts that were mildly pornographic. something that I found amusing considering the name of the thread.
post #3763 of 4528
Luxire facepalm.gif

This is the "Folded Up Shirt Pr0n" thread, not the "Luxire shows offer interesting collars and button stitching methods." If you're going to whore your stuff, at least stick to the title, man.
post #3764 of 4528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post

CEGO was a paid affiliate for several years. my online sales presence is minimal so i Pulled the tile. If I relaunch my website in any significant way, then i will pay for a link.
Of the three shirts that I posted recently, two of them were in fact shirts that were mildly pornographic. something that I found amusing considering the name of the thread.

Honestly it's beneficial for the forum when vendors participate to a reasonable extent, answer questions, once in a while show their goods. But to take over threads the way Luxire has is in bad form and spoils the vibe of the board.
post #3765 of 4528
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanm View Post

Honestly it's beneficial for the forum when vendors participate to a reasonable extent, answer questions, once in a while show their goods. But to take over threads the way Luxire has is in bad form and spoils the vibe of the board.

I think you're overstating things. A fair amount of snark was being directed at Luxire for no reason (from Shirtmaven mostly, but others as well). Luxire responded in turn. Both Shirtmaven and Luxire have since apologised. They have dropped it. You (and others) should do likewise.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Folded Up Shirt P0rn