or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › NEW TAILOR BESPOKE NAPLES
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW TAILOR BESPOKE NAPLES - Page 6

post #76 of 292
Washington, D.C. Is also a good area to visit for orders.
post #77 of 292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bespoke 51 View Post

Gianni, I think that both you and Mr. Pirozzi should plan a visit to New York in the very near future!! I sense that many members would welcome your arrival with orders afresh.

It is a visit to New York we have to plan for a trunk-show ... but there must be many people ... otherwise the costs are too high ...

but for a trunk-show is better New York or Washington?

But if we decide to come you can help us to spread the event and to bring in more people?

 
 
post #78 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post

Fantastic ... how it works Pirozzi of Via Chiaia 197 no one works. Look at that masterpiece of art that is this jacket. Fantastic. Perfect. And I agree with you on the fluidity and ease of movement. With my clothes Pirozzi I might even go for a run that I do not feel them on me. Then the line can give him is truly unique. You can give an imposing only. It is also the beautiful fabric. Compliments. Great taste.
"Questo e poesia, certo!
post #79 of 292

Pricing is very good for garments with such level of handwork. Still out of reach for me, I'm afraid.

 

I bet he can do any kind of shoulder indeed! :) 

post #80 of 292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post
 

Pricing is very good for garments with such level of handwork. Still out of reach for me, I'm afraid.

 

I bet he can do any kind of shoulder indeed! :)

 

You're right .. the prices are really very reasonable for all the work that went into it. But one of the virtues of Pirozzi is also to be an honest person.

Yes yes he does any kind of shoulder ... even though I love that saddled.

post #81 of 292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bespoke 51 View Post


"Questo e poesia, certo!

you're right .. a suit of Pirozzi is like a poem by Leopardi .... or a painting by Michelangelo

post #82 of 292

I would think he would do very very well in NYC with prices like that.  A beautiful bespoke suit (cloth included?) for <$3,500 made by a true Neopolitan master.  His quality looks way above what we get now in that price range.

 

But it would certainly take some marketing.  It could take several visits to get his name/reputation out.  

 

I think NYC would be a better market than DC if he would only pick one.  More people, more money and more fashion oriented, IMO.  But DC could be good, too, and maybe do both in one trip?

 

Mirabile visu....

post #83 of 292
Just advertise it on the forum. I don't know how many people you need for Washington, D.C., but I'd have no problem ordering a suit at that price. There are many people from DC who would be willing to buy if they were given more options or the opportunity. Unbelragazzo is somebody you might want to contact. He would be able to spread the word for the DC area since he writes for A Suitable Wardrobe and putthison.
post #84 of 292
Those prices are pretty 30-50% higher then the going rate in Naples, and I guess for foreign travel they would go up further more. Mr Cerutti, how many tailors have you actually experienced in Naples? You speak very highly of your tailor, and that would be understandable, but the superlatives used, like is the only one able to make such garments and/or handwork are pretty ridiculous, and makes wonder, at least me and few others that have PM me, if there is anything else behind... By the way, Mr Cerutti, what went wrong with Simon Crompton? After some great reviews of your ties, now only critiques about consistency etc... The guy has been exposed before for the freebies for review before
post #85 of 292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

Those prices are pretty 30-50% higher then the going rate in Naples, and I guess for foreign travel they would go up further more. Mr Cerutti, how many tailors have you actually experienced in Naples? You speak very highly of your tailor, and that would be understandable, but the superlatives used, like is the only one able to make such garments and/or handwork are pretty ridiculous, and makes wonder, at least me and few others that have PM me, if there is anything else behind... By the way, Mr Cerutti, what went wrong with Simon Crompton? After some great reviews of your ties, now only critiques about consistency etc... The guy has been exposed before for the freebies for review before
 
Everything you say may be absolutely right. But before criticizing taught me that you should try and get to know. And like I already wrote everyone makes their own choices and luckily their own tastes. And everything is respectable. Even the choice of Simon, incomprehensible to me, (since the products are always made by the same hands), it is still respectable. Anyway, the only thing that interests me so much is the happiness of customers, who continue to encounter every day.
post #86 of 292

the title of the post is a joke. sgr pirozzi has been a well known artisan in napoli for years. in fact if one wants more details on his work in less shill like format check out noveporte. several of the pictures of his work have been lifted from that site.

post #87 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post

Everything you say may be absolutely right. But before criticizing taught me that you should try and get to know. And like I already wrote everyone makes their own choices and luckily their own tastes. And everything is respectable. Even the choice of Simon, incomprehensible to me, (since the products are always made by the same hands), it is still respectable. Anyway, the only thing that interests me so much is the happiness of customers, who continue to encounter every day.


Interesting response, but Marco: can you please elaborate on the below? Don't think I have seen that (if you are referring to Crompton):
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

......The guy has been exposed before for the freebies for review before
post #88 of 292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespokenfor View Post
 

the title of the post is a joke. sgr pirozzi has been a well known artisan in napoli for years. in fact if one wants more details on his work in less shill like format check out noveporte. several of the pictures of his work have been lifted from that site.

Exactly .. in Italian is known by a small group of enthusiasts of ancient tailoring. But the world is not for nothing is known ... in fact not have websites or other ... he thinks only of his work made ​​entirely by hand. He does not care or internet advertising.

post #89 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

Interesting response, but Marco: can you please elaborate on the below? Don't think I have seen that (if you are referring to Crompton):

There have been various comments on SF, FNB and LL of Savile Row firms refusing to continue to give him freebies as the initial exposure did not make enough of a return.... The way he so often swap and change favourite makers under questionably motivations, can be easily addressed further...

This is not very new, as Brummell and D'Orsay did the same over 200 years ago...

Mr Cerutti could share what his arrangement was to be featured there as he has since been bad mouthed ...

Here I find it strange that the full name and address is continuously repeated through the thread, like guerrilla marketing.

Again, nothing against Mimmo Pirozzi as he is a reputable tailor that is also famous for keeping promoting the dated and now dandyish spalla insellata, but there are several equally good and fantastically trained great tailors in Naples, that offer fully handmade garments, most do in Naples, nothing unique about the ancient techniques. Again anyone that have trained with Gallo, Schiraldi, De Nicola and Blasi would have joined those famous sartorias as a 9-10 years old boy and spent 12 hrs a day hand sewing ..., one comment I have often heard around Naples about today apprentices is that most cannot even hold a needle
post #90 of 292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post


There have been various comments on SF, FNB and LL of Savile Row firms refusing to continue to give him freebies as the initial exposure did not make enough of a return.... The way he so often swap and change favourite makers under questionably motivations, can be easily addressed further...

This is not very new, as Brummell and D'Orsay did the same over 200 years ago...

Mr Cerutti could share what his arrangement was to be featured there as he has since been bad mouthed ...

Here I find it strange that the full name and address is continuously repeated through the thread, like guerrilla marketing.

Again, nothing against Mimmo Pirozzi as he is a reputable tailor that is also famous for keeping promoting the dated and now dandyish spalla insellata, but there are several equally good and fantastically trained great tailors in Naples, that offer fully handmade garments, most do in Naples, nothing unique about the ancient techniques. Again anyone that have trained with Gallo, Schiraldi, De Nicola and Blasi would have joined those famous sartorias as a 9-10 years old boy and spent 12 hrs a day hand sewing ..., one comment I have often heard around Naples about today apprentices is that most cannot even hold a needle

Ah, but now I understand what you mean ... before you were asking me why I always repeat the name address.

The reason is simple. In Naples there are two Pirozzi. And both have the same last name and maybe name. And I always write of Pirozzi of Via Chiaia 197 to avoid confusion with the other Pirozzi. That just does not have the tailoring in Via Chiaia 197.

So it's not that I repeat for marketing because the clothes I also pay them as a regular customer.

That's it .. I'm sorry but my English is very bad ...

And Simon does not know what happened. I just know that I did my best as always. THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF MY CUSTOMERS STYLEFORUM OF MY ARTICLES:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/279022/new-ties

P.S. I also saw your blog ... I must say I really like it .. I really like your class and your jackets.

 
 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › NEW TAILOR BESPOKE NAPLES