or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Driving with a suit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Driving with a suit - Page 2

post #16 of 63
I remove my jacket more because I want to keep it fresh looking than because its uncomfortable to drive in.
post #17 of 63
I always take off my jacket, fold it, and put it in the back seat.

Ciao

Engi
post #18 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sator View Post
If you find your coat rides up when you lift your arms up it means it fits you poorly.

Its more about armhole height than overall fit... (I do understand that one could argue that it is part of overall fit... But, I own some well fitted Canali's that are impossible to drive in...)

Overall, I do appreciate your point of view.
post #19 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverporsche View Post
If you wish to look fresh when alighting from your car please remove your jacket.

Looking fresh is overrated in my opinion. I'm always suspicious of the guy who has no wrinkles in any of his clothes. It's like it makes me think the guy doesn't move enough.
post #20 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater View Post
I'm always suspicious of the guy who has no wrinkles in any of his clothes. It's like it makes me think the guy doesn't move enough.
Interesting. Sitting, as opposed to moving, seems to be what causes the wrinkles in my clothes. Often, I will dress in the morning and not have the occasion to sit until lunchtime, arousing suspicion along the way, it appears.
post #21 of 63
I don't like to wrinkle my suit jacket, so I fold the jacket and place it on the passenger seat, or rear seat if I have a passenger.
post #22 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasso View Post
Interesting. Sitting, as opposed to moving, seems to be what causes the wrinkles in my clothes. Often, I will dress in the morning and not have the occasion to sit until lunchtime, arousing suspicion along the way, it appears.

post #23 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater View Post
Depends on a couple of things: how cold it is outside, how far I will be driving, whether there are people sitting in the back seat, how fine the fabric is on the jacket.


+1

Also, the tie goes over the seatbelt.
post #24 of 63
Jacket gets folded over and laid gently on the passenger seat for me.

Unless it's a really short trip, in which case I just can't be bothered. Or I'm wearing an overcoat, in which case I tend to keep both on because I don't want to be cold on getting out (and the overcoat takes the strain of the belt).

Agreed on tie over the seatbelt too.
post #25 of 63
I remove it and hang it because I have a shitty jacket
post #26 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater View Post
Looking fresh is overrated in my opinion. I'm always suspicious of the guy who has no wrinkles in any of his clothes. It's like it makes me think the guy doesn't move enough.

I remove mine, fold it up and place it on the drivers seat. After sitting on it the entire way to work, it is sufficiently wrinkled that I can goof off all day without my boss becoming suspicious.
post #27 of 63
I frequently drive with my jacket on, especially when I am commuting in my jeep with the top down on cool mornings. Given the coming of summer however, the jacket goes on the passenger seat of my car or hung up in back. Seat belt over tie.
post #28 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerray View Post
I remove mine, fold it up and place it on the drivers seat. After sitting on it the entire way to work, it is sufficiently wrinkled that I can goof off all day without my boss becoming suspicious.

Nice. Sometimes when I'm running late, I rip mine with a knife and tell the boss I got jacked on my way to work.
post #29 of 63
If I'm wearing a jacket when I leave the house it stays on until I return. Worrying about jacket wrinkles during the course of the day is more obsessive than I care to be.
post #30 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblazini View Post
Its more about armhole height than overall fit... (I do understand that one could argue that it is part of overall fit... But, I own some well fitted Canali's that are impossible to drive in...)
Yes I regard it part and parcel of overall fit - and arguably one of the most important elements of fit as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Driving with a suit