or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Vitamin Water?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vitamin Water? - Page 3

post #31 of 61
they just got acquired today by Coca Cola for $4.1 billion in cash
post #32 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin1663 View Post
this is pretty stupid...the body can only absorb a certain amount of a vitamin per day, so 70 lemons worth of vitamin c is stupid, you'll just piss out what you can't absorb

Thanks Mr Science! You are so smart!
post #33 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
they just got acquired today by Coca Cola for $4.1 billion in cash

HOLY SCHNIKEES!!!
post #34 of 61
The y have a new one called XXX its a combo of acai, bluberry and pomegrante in it. Full of antioxcidents.
post #35 of 61
when you hear Coke bought it, it confirms your suspicion that it was unhealthy
post #36 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin1663 View Post
this is pretty stupid...the body can only absorb a certain amount of a vitamin per day, so 70 lemons worth of vitamin c is stupid, you'll just piss out what you can't absorb

much less stupid(and health detrimental) than chugging down 150 calorie of simple sugar (~37.5g) in one sitting. That's about half of the recommended daily limit of added sugar.
post #37 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystile View Post
Thanks Mr Science! You are so smart!
are you serious?
post #38 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
they just got acquired today by Coca Cola for $4.1 billion in cash

And our boyee Fitty made $400 million off the sale. Insane.
post #39 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin1663 View Post
this is pretty stupid...the body can only absorb a certain amount of a vitamin per day, so 70 lemons worth of vitamin c is stupid, you'll just piss out what you can't absorb

Lets just put it this way... Drinking more than about 8 oz of water when you are "thirsty" but not "dehydrated" (there is a scientific difference) is pretty stupid too, since your body won't absorb it and you just piss out what you don't absorb.

post #40 of 61
Thread Starter 
except water's good for you, it flushes out your body, vitamin c just passes thru...
post #41 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin1663 View Post
except water's good for you, it flushes out your body, vitamin c just passes thru...
Actually, drinking more water than you need is bad for you. It "flushes" out all the stuff you need. Thins out your blood, and can cause a host of problems. Basically, the point is this, who gives a crap. The argument that more vitamin C is wasteful is dumb. It doesn't hurt anything. More sodium than you need is actually HARMFUL, but you don't see anyone pointing out that you shouldn't drink too much Gatorade. Stop nitpicking, fool!
post #42 of 61
I just thought they might have wanted to say 70 lemons on the front. Good marketing Ploy. Also I really didnt dig the CC Lemon. I dont know why, maybe too much lemon?
post #43 of 61
If you piss out the remaining Vitamin C, then it ends up in the ocean, and, through the water cycle, it ends up back in the drinking water. Then people drink the water and prevent scurvy. So actually, drinking that much Vitamin C is not only not stupid, it's actually being a good world citizen.
post #44 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy View Post
If you piss out the remaining Vitamin C, then it ends up in the ocean, and, through the water cycle, it ends up back in the drinking water. Then people drink the water and prevent scurvy. So actually, drinking that much Vitamin C is not only not stupid, it's actually being a good world citizen.
Yeah but then we can't have proper pirates shouting "Avast ye scurvy lads!" because it won't make sense anymore... think of the pirates!
post #45 of 61
You know about antioxidant water to protect you against free radicals. Applying antioxidant water will make you fitter and healthier.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Vitamin Water?