or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Vitamin Water?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vitamin Water?

post #1 of 61
Thread Starter 
Thoughts on this drink? I used to think it was a well-packaged scam...there aren't any vitamins, they're ripping you off...yadda yadda...anyways, I bought one just to try it, and I really like the stuff...there aren't any vitamins, it's essentially good-tasting well packaged gatorade.
Flavors I like:
balance (orange wrapper)
lemonade (white liquid, turquoise wrapper)
trying the green tea flavor tonight, will let you know how it is...

likes, dislikes, anything?
post 'em
post #2 of 61
orange orange
formula 50
XXX
power C


all yummy. ^_^
post #3 of 61
I used to live on those and still pick them up from time to time. There actually are vitamins, but who knows if they do anything. My favorite was the lemonade kind.
post #4 of 61
All about the formula fiddy. The lemonade (multivitamin?) and power C I find are good for a hangover.

The new fangled flavors (green tea, etc.) are just making it to stores in my area, I'll have to try 'em.

I'm a fan of their ad, in which David Ortiz hits a shuttlecock into a dude's leg.
post #5 of 61
these are great for hang overs, I like the Formula 50, punch and dragon fruit ones.
post #6 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin1663 View Post
Thoughts on this drink? I used to think it was a well-packaged scam...there aren't any vitamins, they're ripping you off...yadda yadda...

Sure, this stuff tastes great (so does Gatorade, Coke, Coffee, whatever), but it is still a well-packaged scam. Vitamin Water has just about as many calories as a can of soda and an equal amount of food coloring. As for the 'vitamins' part........just drink regular water and take a daily vitamin like Centrum if you're worried about malnutrition. This will be infinitely healthier and cost about 1/4 as much.

I like the way this stuff tastes, and maybe that's all your commenting on, but for those who actually feel that it is a 'healthy' alternative to plain ol' water...well, they're just wrong.
post #7 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englandmj7 View Post
Sure, this stuff tastes great (so does Gatorade, Coke, Coffee, whatever), but it is still a well-packaged scam. Vitamin Water has just about as many calories as a can of soda and an equal amount of food coloring. As for the 'vitamins' part........just drink regular water and take a daily vitamin like Centrum if you're worried about malnutrition. This will be infinitely healthier and cost about 1/4 as much.

I like the way this stuff tastes, and maybe that's all your commenting on, but for those who actually feel that it is a 'healthy' alternative to plain ol' water...well, they're just wrong.

Agreed. Whether it's a "well-packaged scam" and whether it's healthy [meant to write: "whether it tastes good"] are entirely different questions. Read the label, obviously. Some of them are basically Kool-Aid. Nothing against Kool-Aid, but a new age wonder health drink it ain't.
post #8 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin1663 View Post
there aren't any vitamins, it's essentially good-tasting well packaged gatorade.


that answer your question?
post #9 of 61
I dont like vitamin water. i think gatorade x factor red colored is the best
post #10 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin1663 View Post
that answer your question?

I wasn't really directing the observation towards you personally. I did notice that quote, but then you seem to contradict it with "I USED to think it was a well-packaged scam"........

Either way, if you're just asking for people's favorite flavors, I do like Formula 50.
post #11 of 61
Never tried one before. Usually a glass of water and multivitamin in the morning is how I roll.

Too bad that they have to pump it full of sugar just to sell it. Gatorade on the other hand has salts (sodium and potassium) and obviously needs a lot of sugar to cover it up. I don't care for Gatorade either. My homemade "Gatorade" consists of water, half a teaspoon of half-salt, and a teaspoon of iced tea mix. Kinda tastes like sweet sea water, but it's cheap, and works well on days when I'm cycling for a long time, and sweating like a mofo.
post #12 of 61
Pocari > Vitamin Water any day of the week
post #13 of 61
Vitamin Water has 125 calories in a single bottle. All of it is from sugar. If you dislike the taste of regular water, there are plenty of other low-calorie "water" drinks out there that don't have 125 calories in them!
post #14 of 61
"Hey you,
You're losing,
you're losing,
you're losing,
you're losing, your vitamin,
C.
"
post #15 of 61
What about Gatorade "BLUE IS NOT A FLAVOR" Ice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Vitamin Water?