that is not a job for a reweaver and decent tailor can put in a crotch piece
Fabric reweavers USA - awesome - Page 2
I highly highly recommend Alex's Reweaving in Los Angeles, CA. They take shipiments and places such as: LP, Cuch, and Zegna sends their stuff there. How do I know this? I've seen their boxes within the store
I believe they do invisible and they also do the very tough french reweaving. It's quite pricey tho at around $55-65 per hole/issue. I've taken at least 4 items there and I still cannot find where the hole/issue/blemish was before.
I brought in a brand-new camelhair sweater (that moths got to before I even wore it) and a cashmere turtleneck and was thoroughly impressed with the work. The price of repair was much lower than replacing the garments. They're also training a young lady to take part in the next generation of reweavers.
My expectations were exceeded
I'd choose Fabric Reweavers USA again in a heartbeat.
- 2 garments: (1) wool herringbone trousers with dime size hole at the bottom.
(2) Harris Tweed sport coat with moth holes (pencil eraser size)
- Fabric Reweavers USA is a Family run business (for decades) and is located in Miami, FL.
- I’m on the opposite end of the Country in Idaho (found them online).
- Chose them over others because I was promptly contacted after my initial inquiry by a person - not a “canned reply” email
- They directly communicated with me throughout the entire process via phone and email.
- They found other moth holes I did not see, and marked the repair areas with a fine red thread gently woven into the area (pulled right out effortlessly)
- I received personal, friendly service and superb quality of work.
- Even got a followup phone call at the end to ensure I was satisfied.
Harris Tweed sport coat (no more moth holes)
fine red thread at bottom (marking one of the repaired areas)
wool herringbone trousers after ...
NOTE about moth holes: Dry cleaning first will make "hidden" moth holes visible so they can repair.