Just ordered the Vintage Ivy in both colors. Thanks for the write up, you're making me want my order to arrive even quicker. Does anyone have any experience on how much tailoring these shirts need? I'm a 39 chest, 34.5 sleeve and 18.5 shoulders. I picked up the VIs in Medium but it seems the sizing is a little wonky
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicEditorialtagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2016 - Styleforum in Paris, special projects, GMTOs, etc... Last post on 1/3/16 at 12:32pm in Classic Menswear
- EFV goes to Pitti (picture thread) Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:27pm in Classic Menswear
- A Man Adrift, Pt II - April 28, 2015 Last post on 4/29/15 at 4:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Three More Streetwear Brands - March 11, 2015 Last post on 3/14/15 at 2:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
A Sea of Sand: A Star Wars-Inspired Editorial
Last edited: 12/20/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of TorontoLast edited: 11/18/15
- On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks AloneLast edited: 11/9/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day ShopLast edited: 6/4/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
StyleForum Visits Kamakura - Page 3
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 3510/8/13 at 8:20ampost #33 of 353/9/14 at 6:51pm
I recently took the plunge and bought a couple online. One in the Tokyo classic and one in the new york classic fit.
Being an Australian I can't exactly head down the road to NYC or Japan to find these. I'm hoping the sizing is ok. If it is I expect to order a whole lot more of these shirts. I have heard nothing but great things so far. This forum included.post #34 of 353/9/14 at 8:10pm
Having now bought two of their shirts, I'm now less enamoured of Kamakura than I was. The shirts were supposedly exactly the same size and fit, but the second one was markedly tighter making it right of the edge of wearability. I wouldn't have expected this from an RTW maker with a good reputation; I wonder whether they are expanding beyond their ability to control quality...post #35 of 355/2/14 at 6:46pm
I was skeptical about the fit, as I'm not a super-slim guy. And I assumed these would be the shirt version of skinny jeans. But they're not. They fit true to size. I'm a 16.5, 35, and they fit like a glove, but give room for motion. Frankly, I look better in these shirts than anything else I own. The lack of billowing is so good, it's almost off-putting at first. And the fabric and stitching AND COLLAR are much more than I expected at this price point.
If you're in NYC, go the shop. Great customer service. I got a free handkerchief and a nice little fabric book that turns into a tea towel. But I'd feel pretty confident ordering online as well.
- StyleForum Visits Kamakura
Styleforum Top Picks
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 15 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 20 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 12 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...