Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Today at 7:53 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:49 am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- FINAL SALE / Jil, Uniqlo, GATs, CPs etc / $5 shirts etc, GIVEAWAY PRICES Last post on 8/6/11 at 5:33am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 - Page 4post #46 of 36611/16/13 at 9:38ampost #47 of 36611/16/13 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by jwalterweather
Some new knitwear up on http://www.margarethowell.co.uk/. All from natural (I guess that means undyed?) shetland wool.
I have one of the merino/cashmere saddle crews and really like the fit/shape. So I was looking at the natural shetland ones, I would love to see what the black looks like in person/other light.
They had these for sale last year too...I have one of the black saddle cardigans, which is really more of a dark brown and pretty damn itchy. Also, it has pilled a fair amount.
Plus-sides: fit is great, and is very warm. Have worn it a lot.post #48 of 36611/16/13 at 3:19pmpost #49 of 36611/16/13 at 4:48pmpost #50 of 36611/17/13 at 8:06am
iirc in line with Howell's desire to use local British manufacturers where possible, the sheepskin coats are constructed by artisans from one of the Scottish isles, that has a long tradition of making sheepskin products.
They select only the first-born lambs and raise them in their homes alongside the children. At the solstice the lambs are taken to the cliffs to be sacrificed, and a blood offering made in honor of the sun god. At this point jacket construction can begin.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Occasionally additional offerings are required to keep production running smoothlypost #51 of 36611/17/13 at 11:07ampost #52 of 36611/17/13 at 12:23pmpost #53 of 36611/17/13 at 12:30pmpost #54 of 36611/17/13 at 2:11pmpost #55 of 36611/17/13 at 2:13pm
I think MHL is fine for what it is. I have a couple of the poplin work shirts from last winter and the winter before and a roll neck. Colour and feel are great and have had lots of wear. I also like the fit, especially the work shirts..., in fact they're maybe the best fitting shirts i have (but i don't own many). I agree the line doesn't have that same special feeling as the main line but i wouldn't let that put you off. Especially if you like the look of something.
I did get my stuff in the sale though, so an even better deal.post #56 of 36611/17/13 at 3:54pmpost #57 of 36611/18/13 at 3:51pmQuote:
please see my earlier posts regarding suppliers. the winter shirt blazers are not made in her UK factory probably because the fabric is to heavy for their machines.post #58 of 36611/18/13 at 3:54pmQuote:
that's not entirely true, some of the MHL pieces are made in the UK.
I think comparing MHL and Mainline is a mistake - they are marketed and positioned very much as two different brands.post #59 of 36612/13/13 at 6:14pmpost #60 of 36612/29/13 at 8:01am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 9 seconds ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › 7-8 drop! New Edward Green Dundee Veldtschoen Size 10 / 10.5 E58... 11 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 13 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 19 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding