Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on 7/2/15 at 7:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- FINAL SALE / Jil, Uniqlo, GATs, CPs etc / $5 shirts etc, GIVEAWAY PRICES Last post on 8/6/11 at 5:33am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 - Page 4post #46 of 28711/16/13 at 9:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 28711/16/13 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by jwalterweather
Some new knitwear up on http://www.margarethowell.co.uk/. All from natural (I guess that means undyed?) shetland wool.
I have one of the merino/cashmere saddle crews and really like the fit/shape. So I was looking at the natural shetland ones, I would love to see what the black looks like in person/other light.
They had these for sale last year too...I have one of the black saddle cardigans, which is really more of a dark brown and pretty damn itchy. Also, it has pilled a fair amount.
Plus-sides: fit is great, and is very warm. Have worn it a lot.post #48 of 28711/16/13 at 3:19pmpost #49 of 28711/16/13 at 4:48pmpost #50 of 28711/17/13 at 8:06am
iirc in line with Howell's desire to use local British manufacturers where possible, the sheepskin coats are constructed by artisans from one of the Scottish isles, that has a long tradition of making sheepskin products.
They select only the first-born lambs and raise them in their homes alongside the children. At the solstice the lambs are taken to the cliffs to be sacrificed, and a blood offering made in honor of the sun god. At this point jacket construction can begin.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Occasionally additional offerings are required to keep production running smoothlypost #51 of 28711/17/13 at 11:07ampost #52 of 28711/17/13 at 12:23pmpost #53 of 28711/17/13 at 12:30pmpost #54 of 28711/17/13 at 2:11pmpost #55 of 28711/17/13 at 2:13pm
I think MHL is fine for what it is. I have a couple of the poplin work shirts from last winter and the winter before and a roll neck. Colour and feel are great and have had lots of wear. I also like the fit, especially the work shirts..., in fact they're maybe the best fitting shirts i have (but i don't own many). I agree the line doesn't have that same special feeling as the main line but i wouldn't let that put you off. Especially if you like the look of something.
I did get my stuff in the sale though, so an even better deal.post #56 of 28711/17/13 at 3:54pmpost #57 of 28711/18/13 at 3:51pmQuote:
please see my earlier posts regarding suppliers. the winter shirt blazers are not made in her UK factory probably because the fabric is to heavy for their machines.post #58 of 28711/18/13 at 3:54pmQuote:
that's not entirely true, some of the MHL pieces are made in the UK.
I think comparing MHL and Mainline is a mistake - they are marketed and positioned very much as two different brands.post #59 of 28712/13/13 at 6:14pm
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 seconds ago
- › Barker 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 10 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott Black Stadium Varsity Teddy Jacket with Leather Sleeves 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...