or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 - Page 25

post #361 of 376

Barney Warehouse has some good stock marked down. I like how no one buys the pants because they come unhemmed and they don't mention it.

post #362 of 376

Anybody have a lead on the woolen serge or glen check plaid coats from this past F/W?  Dunno if anywhere still has em in stock

post #363 of 376

surprised no one already posted this.

can't say I'm to excited about this collection, especially as a follow on from AW16. not much new to see here.

they've repeated in the Marion Foale Guernsey in a mustard yellow. pleated wide leg trousers. a modified version of the SS16 fishtail parka. white shoes.

I like the jacket at 3 minutes, and that's about it.
post #364 of 376
That jacket is nice, except I'd like to see it in a color other than white. I also liked the long parka too
post #365 of 376
There are never any surprises in MH collections though right? Just variations of the same thing, isnt that sort of the point.
post #366 of 376

Not sure if I'm remembering correctly but the slim trousers look more tapered than in the past seasons? I like the white derbies, may not be exciting but strong overall.

post #367 of 376

I'm noticing a bunch of 3/4 sleeve popover shirts on Y!J that are labelled as men's pieces but I can't seem to find any runway images of them. Are these Japan only? Mislabelled women's pieces? They have S/M/L size notation, and I thought women's pieces were numbered I, II, III, etc. but maybe I'm wrong...

 

ie. 


Edited by hayaoyamaneko - 8/24/16 at 9:05am
post #368 of 376
MH Japan has a slightly different product line to UK/Europe. I don't know how they size womans in Japan but mens are sized S / M / L.

It looks like a womans piece - do you have a link?
post #369 of 376
love parts of the F/W collection, especially these trousers

post #370 of 376
⌃ those are the 50's Chino in cotton drill - they didn't have them instore when I viewed the new collection a couple of weeks ago. was a little underwhelmed by what was on show, although to be fair it was the first drop. the more interesting knitwear pieces from the catwalk show have either not arrived or not gone into production. saddle crews are there in the usual somber colours.

apparently the cream and navy duffle coats which I thought were Mainline are MHL; they had not arrived.

the heavy flannel trousers are awesome.

the big pocket shirt is a goodie. also of note the MHL chore shirt in denim canvas and MHL CPO style overshirts which come in a couple of navy fabrics.
post #371 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike_hiking_boots View Post

MH Japan has a slightly different product line to UK/Europe. I don't know how they size womans in Japan but mens are sized S / M / L.

It looks like a womans piece - do you have a link?

 

Not sure if this is incongruent with your sizing information, but I have bought size XL shirts and outerwear in Japan. Fits like typical large (I am a 42" chest) but somewhat short in the body and arms. I am however unsure whether Western sizing Margaret Howell is also short in length, so that might not be Japan specific.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb0bo View Post

love parts of the F/W collection, especially these trousers

 

Solid collection yes.

I have a few pieces in mind, in particular those pants in the brown/army and the long mac coat.

 

post #372 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike_hiking_boots View Post

MH Japan has a slightly different product line to UK/Europe. I don't know how they size womans in Japan but mens are sized S / M / L.

It looks like a womans piece - do you have a link?

 

For example: http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r154346905

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post
 

 

Not sure if this is incongruent with your sizing information, but I have bought size XL shirts and outerwear in Japan. Fits like typical large (I am a 42" chest) but somewhat short in the body and arms. I am however unsure whether Western sizing Margaret Howell is also short in length, so that might not be Japan specific.

 

Picked up a mainline shirt off Yahoo auctions the other week and unfortunately the sleeves are about an inch too short - beautiful shirt otherwise. The measurements on the listing were accurate so I should've known beforehand but I took a risk and hoped they measured wrong because the price was good. So it would seem to me at least that the Japan line has shorter sleeves.

post #373 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayaoyamaneko View Post

 

Picked up a mainline shirt off Yahoo auctions the other week and unfortunately the sleeves are about an inch too short - beautiful shirt otherwise. The measurements on the listing were accurate so I should've known beforehand but I took a risk and hoped they measured wrong because the price was good. So it would seem to me at least that the Japan line has shorter sleeves.

 

Yeah, the sleeves are about 1 inch short on my two shirts. A bit of a shame, but I've managed to get the shirts to work with some pulling when wet after washing. Still not perfect but wearable.

post #374 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post
 

 

 A bit of a shame, but I've managed to get the shirts to work with some pulling when wet after washing.

 

Haha, does this actually work? I was going to sell mine but I might try this. Really a shame because there's a ton of affordable second-hand/marked down mainline/MHL stuff in Japan that you'd just never find in NA/Europe.

post #375 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayaoyamaneko View Post
 

 

Haha, does this actually work? I was going to sell mine but I might try this. Really a shame because there's a ton of affordable second-hand/marked down mainline/MHL stuff in Japan that you'd just never find in NA/Europe.

 

I think it depends on the fabric. Mine were a quite rough cotton poplin. I'm not sure it would work or if I would even try it on a more delicate fabric.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013