Not sure if my eyes are fooling me but the shape looks more refined compared to DMs. I do wonder if that sole will be just as slippery though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:11 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 1:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- FINAL SALE / Jil, Uniqlo, GATs, CPs etc / $5 shirts etc, GIVEAWAY PRICES Last post on 8/6/11 at 5:33am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 - Page 24post #346 of 3511/11/16 at 6:47pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #347 of 3511/11/16 at 9:11pmQuote:
They look good - nicer leather than the Asian made DM's and not as pricey as the UK made ones.post #348 of 3511/12/16 at 5:04amQuote:Originally Posted by accordion
It's a good deal if paying with USD, but I did forget about customs, though a lot of smaller shops will mark down if you ask them to.
Thoughts on these Solovairs to complement MH stuff? A bit more expensive than DM but I dislike contrast stitching.
Yes the Dollar is very strong at the moment which is good for US based Customer buying from Europe but bad for us buying from US.
Sure lot's of places will mark as gift/low value but did you read Pepper's Customs Policly?
Customs and import duties are charged once the parcel reaches its destination country. These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel.
Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges, and cannot tell you what the cost might be, as customs policies and import duties vary from country to country.
We do not under any circumstances undervalue any of our orders.
The only upside is they do deduct their Norwegian VAT as standard on anything they export, but that is shown in the price when you view the site.
Regarding the Solovairs: You are aware that MHL did a collaboration with Solovair this season:
http://www.margarethowell.co.uk/men-aw15/shoes/mhl-derby-boot-leather-blackpost #349 of 3511/21/16 at 12:07pm
Was wondering what the idea behind the saddleneck neck opening is. It's too wide to wear a turtleneck underneath, but I see the MH site styling them with both a shirt and a turtleneck.
Got the MHL derby boots, paid more mostly because the MHLs display the welt stitching unlike the Solovairs, and because I could ask them to mark down. The leather is apparently better but it's still corrected grain, not that it matters too much. I looked hard for combat boots or boots with a similar shape and there were none at a reasonable price.
The manager for the MH store sends the most comprehensive replies and is the most helpful of any SA I've e-mailed. He says they will deliver to the US soon, hopefully in the spring.post #350 of 3512/4/16 at 10:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by accordion
There's a woolen serge here in L for a steal. Thought about it but I think it fits too big.
If someone from here picked this up and it doesn't work out for them, let me know - would love to give it a shot. It got discounted pretty far (farther) iirc not sure when it sold, definitely in the past couple days.post #351 of 3512/5/16 at 9:34amQuote:
it got sold a couple of days ago as I was also thinking about picking it up but wasn't totally convinced it suited me. the discount was pretty good but with import duties it would of bumped up a bit higher than I wanted to pay. It's quite a nice coat, as you'd expect from MH, but its not particularly substantial, only really suitable for mild weather.
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 24 seconds ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 54 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › 2015 Ermenegildo Zegna Solid Black Milano Fit Suit, 38R (48R EU)... 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...