Not sure if my eyes are fooling me but the shape looks more refined compared to DMs. I do wonder if that sole will be just as slippery though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on 3/25/17 at 3:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- FINAL SALE / Jil, Uniqlo, GATs, CPs etc / $5 shirts etc, GIVEAWAY PRICES Last post on 8/6/11 at 5:33am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 - Page 24post #346 of 4641/11/16 at 6:47pmpost #347 of 4641/11/16 at 9:11pmQuote:
They look good - nicer leather than the Asian made DM's and not as pricey as the UK made ones.post #348 of 4641/12/16 at 5:04amQuote:Originally Posted by accordion
It's a good deal if paying with USD, but I did forget about customs, though a lot of smaller shops will mark down if you ask them to.
Thoughts on these Solovairs to complement MH stuff? A bit more expensive than DM but I dislike contrast stitching.
Yes the Dollar is very strong at the moment which is good for US based Customer buying from Europe but bad for us buying from US.
Sure lot's of places will mark as gift/low value but did you read Pepper's Customs Policly?
Customs and import duties are charged once the parcel reaches its destination country. These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel.
Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges, and cannot tell you what the cost might be, as customs policies and import duties vary from country to country.
We do not under any circumstances undervalue any of our orders.
The only upside is they do deduct their Norwegian VAT as standard on anything they export, but that is shown in the price when you view the site.
Regarding the Solovairs: You are aware that MHL did a collaboration with Solovair this season:
http://www.margarethowell.co.uk/men-aw15/shoes/mhl-derby-boot-leather-blackpost #349 of 4641/21/16 at 12:07pm
Was wondering what the idea behind the saddleneck neck opening is. It's too wide to wear a turtleneck underneath, but I see the MH site styling them with both a shirt and a turtleneck.
Got the MHL derby boots, paid more mostly because the MHLs display the welt stitching unlike the Solovairs, and because I could ask them to mark down. The leather is apparently better but it's still corrected grain, not that it matters too much. I looked hard for combat boots or boots with a similar shape and there were none at a reasonable price.
The manager for the MH store sends the most comprehensive replies and is the most helpful of any SA I've e-mailed. He says they will deliver to the US soon, hopefully in the spring.post #350 of 4642/4/16 at 10:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by accordion
There's a woolen serge here in L for a steal. Thought about it but I think it fits too big.
If someone from here picked this up and it doesn't work out for them, let me know - would love to give it a shot. It got discounted pretty far (farther) iirc not sure when it sold, definitely in the past couple days.post #351 of 4642/5/16 at 9:34amQuote:
it got sold a couple of days ago as I was also thinking about picking it up but wasn't totally convinced it suited me. the discount was pretty good but with import duties it would of bumped up a bit higher than I wanted to pay. It's quite a nice coat, as you'd expect from MH, but its not particularly substantial, only really suitable for mild weather.post #352 of 4642/22/16 at 8:13ampost #353 of 4643/8/16 at 7:03ampost #354 of 4643/8/16 at 7:14ampost #355 of 4643/8/16 at 7:30ampost #356 of 4643/8/16 at 9:17ampost #357 of 4643/8/16 at 2:23pmpost #358 of 4643/8/16 at 11:55pmpost #359 of 4643/9/16 at 7:15ampost #360 of 4643/20/16 at 9:34am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Look goes on... 37 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › A weird question, in which of the following scenarios you would... 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 13 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...