Not sure if my eyes are fooling me but the shape looks more refined compared to DMs. I do wonder if that sole will be just as slippery though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on 5/26/16 at 7:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- FINAL SALE / Jil, Uniqlo, GATs, CPs etc / $5 shirts etc, GIVEAWAY PRICES Last post on 8/6/11 at 5:33am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 - Page 24post #346 of 3621/11/16 at 6:47pmpost #347 of 3621/11/16 at 9:11pmQuote:
They look good - nicer leather than the Asian made DM's and not as pricey as the UK made ones.post #348 of 3621/12/16 at 5:04amQuote:Originally Posted by accordion
It's a good deal if paying with USD, but I did forget about customs, though a lot of smaller shops will mark down if you ask them to.
Thoughts on these Solovairs to complement MH stuff? A bit more expensive than DM but I dislike contrast stitching.
Yes the Dollar is very strong at the moment which is good for US based Customer buying from Europe but bad for us buying from US.
Sure lot's of places will mark as gift/low value but did you read Pepper's Customs Policly?
Customs and import duties are charged once the parcel reaches its destination country. These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel.
Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges, and cannot tell you what the cost might be, as customs policies and import duties vary from country to country.
We do not under any circumstances undervalue any of our orders.
The only upside is they do deduct their Norwegian VAT as standard on anything they export, but that is shown in the price when you view the site.
Regarding the Solovairs: You are aware that MHL did a collaboration with Solovair this season:
http://www.margarethowell.co.uk/men-aw15/shoes/mhl-derby-boot-leather-blackpost #349 of 3621/21/16 at 12:07pm
Was wondering what the idea behind the saddleneck neck opening is. It's too wide to wear a turtleneck underneath, but I see the MH site styling them with both a shirt and a turtleneck.
Got the MHL derby boots, paid more mostly because the MHLs display the welt stitching unlike the Solovairs, and because I could ask them to mark down. The leather is apparently better but it's still corrected grain, not that it matters too much. I looked hard for combat boots or boots with a similar shape and there were none at a reasonable price.
The manager for the MH store sends the most comprehensive replies and is the most helpful of any SA I've e-mailed. He says they will deliver to the US soon, hopefully in the spring.post #350 of 3622/4/16 at 10:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by accordion
There's a woolen serge here in L for a steal. Thought about it but I think it fits too big.
If someone from here picked this up and it doesn't work out for them, let me know - would love to give it a shot. It got discounted pretty far (farther) iirc not sure when it sold, definitely in the past couple days.post #351 of 3622/5/16 at 9:34amQuote:
it got sold a couple of days ago as I was also thinking about picking it up but wasn't totally convinced it suited me. the discount was pretty good but with import duties it would of bumped up a bit higher than I wanted to pay. It's quite a nice coat, as you'd expect from MH, but its not particularly substantial, only really suitable for mild weather.post #352 of 3622/22/16 at 8:13ampost #353 of 3623/8/16 at 7:03ampost #354 of 3623/8/16 at 7:14ampost #355 of 3623/8/16 at 7:30ampost #356 of 3623/8/16 at 9:17ampost #357 of 3623/8/16 at 2:23pmpost #358 of 3623/8/16 at 11:55pmpost #359 of 3623/9/16 at 7:15ampost #360 of 3623/20/16 at 9:34am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 27, 2016 : Freestyle Friday 25 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 41 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 52 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 58 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 1 hour ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding