Much as a like MH I often get a feeling, looking at the mens collections, that there's a bit too much of an "on the way home from school" vibe going on with it. But as ever there are some nice pieces there.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on 7/25/15 at 10:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- FINAL SALE / Jil, Uniqlo, GATs, CPs etc / $5 shirts etc, GIVEAWAY PRICES Last post on 8/6/11 at 5:33am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 - Page 20
Styleforum Top Pickspost #287 of 2996/19/15 at 4:28ampost #288 of 2997/8/15 at 2:06ampost #289 of 2997/8/15 at 3:25amMr Porter are usually slow to get Margaret Howell new season in, but this (having new season for into store early) is a trend that's been going on in the industry for many years now.
Would like to know why a cotton/cashmere saddle crew retails at £265 but a merino/cashmere saddle crew retails at £50 less (£215)? I'm assuming it's the cashmere content, but still, £50 is a significant difference for very similar garments.post #290 of 2997/8/15 at 4:14ampost #291 of 2997/9/15 at 2:24ampost #292 of 2997/15/15 at 6:07pm
What are people's advice on MHL outerwear sizing? I'm thinking about getting the off-white anorak that's currently on sale. For MHL, I take a small in tops and jackets, but I've read that it's advisable to size down on outerwear, perhaps I should get an extra-small? I'm about 178 cm tall and on the slim side. I worry about sizing down and losing the oversized fit, but also don't want to be drowning in the anorak.post #293 of 2997/16/15 at 4:02ampost #294 of 2997/16/15 at 4:44ampost #295 of 2997/16/15 at 5:02amhttp://www.margarethowell.co.uk/men-2/outerwear/mhl-anorak-paper-poplin-off-white
Sample sizes are usually Medium, and most models are 38" chest – so the catwalk photo above and look-book photo should give you an idea of how to size.
Yes the previous MHL's Parkas were over-sized.
I have the Ventile Parka from this season and went for my regular size Large, fits nice, but the MHL are a little more generous.post #296 of 2997/16/15 at 5:10amCool, thanks guys! Hard to judge from the measurements online as I don’t currently have a parka/anorak. The person from the store took some photos of him wearing the XS and S.
He said he’s 183 cm tall and recommends the fit of the XS. I’m 178 cm, so just a bit shorter than him. Mainly concerned about the length of the sleeves; the fit of the S seems to match the way it’s styled in the catwalk, but the XS seems a bit more fitted. Should I go with the way it's styled or size down for a more fitted look?
Yeah, here is how it looks on the catwalk, seems pretty breezy especially when viewed in motion from the back: https://youtu.be/HgUa6wtWewo?t=133post #297 of 2997/16/15 at 8:53ampost #298 of 2997/16/15 at 10:01ampost #299 of 2997/16/15 at 4:16pm
The photos are from the Working Title store in Cananda. But yeah, I think you’re both right about not sizing down.
What don’t you like about the anorak? I’m not a big fan of how it’s styled on the catwalk, thinking of going for a more casual look like it has been style for women in the MHL campaign. What do you reckon?
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 58 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...