Still some of the MH/Edwin jeans in the Japanese web shop. You can also find them in yahoo.jp with some frequency.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 12/7/16 at 3:49pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- FINAL SALE / Jil, Uniqlo, GATs, CPs etc / $5 shirts etc, GIVEAWAY PRICES Last post on 8/6/11 at 5:33am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 - Page 8post #107 of 4207/14/14 at 5:11pmpost #108 of 4207/15/14 at 8:50ampost #109 of 4207/16/14 at 11:59ampost #110 of 4207/23/14 at 7:01pmI'm going to consider this the official MH thread, since sipang did such a nice job starting it.
I just picked up my first Margaret Howell piece, the indigo linen cable knit from Unionmade, and it is a thing of beauty. I sized well, and it seems to fit slimmer than the grey version shown above.post #111 of 4207/23/14 at 7:20pmpost #112 of 4207/31/14 at 10:58am^thanks.
I'm trying to decide on the "slim" work shirt, whether I should wear it untucked and embrace to looser fit, or pass it on. I bought my usual shirt size, medium, and sadly, no smalls seem to be available. Could have it slimmed a little, but the seams are felled and chainstitched. Such a nice shirt (not the best shorts to pair it with, though...).
The fabric is beautiful.
The matelot? Well, I don't know that I will wear this out in public other than to the pool or beach.post #113 of 4207/31/14 at 11:16amDefinitely keep. Will look great with trousers. Shoulders hit you on point and Margaret would definitely not want you to size down.
I don't love the shape of the Matelot shirt, but it will look good under a jacket. You go M on that one as well? I wanted the darker colorway, but they don't have a S and it looked like I should size down.post #114 of 4207/31/14 at 11:32ampost #115 of 4207/31/14 at 11:40amThanks, guys. Will keep. I know that's how it was intended to be worn, based on the looks. I just have to get used to itQuote:I went with a small based on the measurements. Yeah, it's a little feminine of a cut, and the "light grey-blue" color is actually more of a light violet. I find that boat neck matelots look best when worn on:
2. small wooden sailboats (preferably, that you built yourself)
3. narrow alleys in France
4. beaches in 1930post #116 of 4207/31/14 at 12:31pm
lol i've gotten so sick of asking unionmade about their size XL 20.5" p2ps, and jeans in bigger sizes having smaller thigh measurements, and their being defensive even when I phrase my e-mails in the most courteous of tones. Will probably never from them again. Also looks like La Garconne will be carrying both the main and MHL line soon.post #117 of 4207/31/14 at 6:19pmpost #118 of 4207/31/14 at 10:13pmpost #119 of 4208/2/14 at 12:05pmQuote:
I expect it ended up slimmer because of the indigo dyeing process. I think there was some variation in size on these garments because Margaret Howell were not selling them online.
The Autumn Winter Mens Lookbook is now online:
Looks a very solid collection although I always feel it's a case of deja-vu with a lot of the garments (although I'm not complaining).
The heavy Moleskin trousers which were made in Black for AW13 return in Navy, Grey and Brown.
Shirt Blazers, Saddle Crews, Classic shirts.
The Navy Melton DB Reefer Jacket, Military Shirt and Japanese Cotton Shirt have caught my eye.post #120 of 4208/2/14 at 12:13pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider "Dark" Play crewneck sweater size 6 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › Looking for high end thinnest 100% wool socks...? 23 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 23 minutes ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...