Still some of the MH/Edwin jeans in the Japanese web shop. You can also find them in yahoo.jp with some frequency.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:19 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- FINAL SALE / Jil, Uniqlo, GATs, CPs etc / $5 shirts etc, GIVEAWAY PRICES Last post on 8/6/11 at 5:33am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 - Page 8
Styleforum Top Pickspost #107 of 2997/14/14 at 5:11pmpost #108 of 2997/15/14 at 8:50ampost #109 of 2997/16/14 at 11:59ampost #110 of 2997/23/14 at 7:01pmI'm going to consider this the official MH thread, since sipang did such a nice job starting it.
I just picked up my first Margaret Howell piece, the indigo linen cable knit from Unionmade, and it is a thing of beauty. I sized well, and it seems to fit slimmer than the grey version shown above.post #111 of 2997/23/14 at 7:20pmpost #112 of 2997/31/14 at 10:58am^thanks.
I'm trying to decide on the "slim" work shirt, whether I should wear it untucked and embrace to looser fit, or pass it on. I bought my usual shirt size, medium, and sadly, no smalls seem to be available. Could have it slimmed a little, but the seams are felled and chainstitched. Such a nice shirt (not the best shorts to pair it with, though...).
The fabric is beautiful.
The matelot? Well, I don't know that I will wear this out in public other than to the pool or beach.post #113 of 2997/31/14 at 11:16amDefinitely keep. Will look great with trousers. Shoulders hit you on point and Margaret would definitely not want you to size down.
I don't love the shape of the Matelot shirt, but it will look good under a jacket. You go M on that one as well? I wanted the darker colorway, but they don't have a S and it looked like I should size down.post #114 of 2997/31/14 at 11:32ampost #115 of 2997/31/14 at 11:40amThanks, guys. Will keep. I know that's how it was intended to be worn, based on the looks. I just have to get used to itQuote:I went with a small based on the measurements. Yeah, it's a little feminine of a cut, and the "light grey-blue" color is actually more of a light violet. I find that boat neck matelots look best when worn on:
2. small wooden sailboats (preferably, that you built yourself)
3. narrow alleys in France
4. beaches in 1930post #116 of 2997/31/14 at 12:31pm
lol i've gotten so sick of asking unionmade about their size XL 20.5" p2ps, and jeans in bigger sizes having smaller thigh measurements, and their being defensive even when I phrase my e-mails in the most courteous of tones. Will probably never from them again. Also looks like La Garconne will be carrying both the main and MHL line soon.post #117 of 2997/31/14 at 6:19pmpost #118 of 2997/31/14 at 10:13pmpost #119 of 2998/2/14 at 12:05pmQuote:
I expect it ended up slimmer because of the indigo dyeing process. I think there was some variation in size on these garments because Margaret Howell were not selling them online.
The Autumn Winter Mens Lookbook is now online:
Looks a very solid collection although I always feel it's a case of deja-vu with a lot of the garments (although I'm not complaining).
The heavy Moleskin trousers which were made in Black for AW13 return in Navy, Grey and Brown.
Shirt Blazers, Saddle Crews, Classic shirts.
The Navy Melton DB Reefer Jacket, Military Shirt and Japanese Cotton Shirt have caught my eye.post #120 of 2998/2/14 at 12:13pm
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 37 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › A Visit to BRIO Beijing 2 minutes ago
- › What is the Retail Price for a Tom Ford Blazer and Scarf ?? 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...