Still some of the MH/Edwin jeans in the Japanese web shop. You can also find them in yahoo.jp with some frequency.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Today at 10:07 am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- FINAL SALE / Jil, Uniqlo, GATs, CPs etc / $5 shirts etc, GIVEAWAY PRICES Last post on 8/6/11 at 5:33am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 - Page 8
Styleforum Top Pickspost #107 of 2677/14/14 at 5:11pmpost #108 of 2677/15/14 at 8:50ampost #109 of 2677/16/14 at 11:59ampost #110 of 2677/23/14 at 7:01pmI'm going to consider this the official MH thread, since sipang did such a nice job starting it.
I just picked up my first Margaret Howell piece, the indigo linen cable knit from Unionmade, and it is a thing of beauty. I sized well, and it seems to fit slimmer than the grey version shown above.post #111 of 2677/23/14 at 7:20pmpost #112 of 2677/31/14 at 10:58am^thanks.
I'm trying to decide on the "slim" work shirt, whether I should wear it untucked and embrace to looser fit, or pass it on. I bought my usual shirt size, medium, and sadly, no smalls seem to be available. Could have it slimmed a little, but the seams are felled and chainstitched. Such a nice shirt (not the best shorts to pair it with, though...).
The fabric is beautiful.
The matelot? Well, I don't know that I will wear this out in public other than to the pool or beach.post #113 of 2677/31/14 at 11:16amDefinitely keep. Will look great with trousers. Shoulders hit you on point and Margaret would definitely not want you to size down.
I don't love the shape of the Matelot shirt, but it will look good under a jacket. You go M on that one as well? I wanted the darker colorway, but they don't have a S and it looked like I should size down.post #114 of 2677/31/14 at 11:32ampost #115 of 2677/31/14 at 11:40amThanks, guys. Will keep. I know that's how it was intended to be worn, based on the looks. I just have to get used to itQuote:I went with a small based on the measurements. Yeah, it's a little feminine of a cut, and the "light grey-blue" color is actually more of a light violet. I find that boat neck matelots look best when worn on:
2. small wooden sailboats (preferably, that you built yourself)
3. narrow alleys in France
4. beaches in 1930post #116 of 2677/31/14 at 12:31pm
lol i've gotten so sick of asking unionmade about their size XL 20.5" p2ps, and jeans in bigger sizes having smaller thigh measurements, and their being defensive even when I phrase my e-mails in the most courteous of tones. Will probably never from them again. Also looks like La Garconne will be carrying both the main and MHL line soon.post #117 of 2677/31/14 at 6:19pmpost #118 of 2677/31/14 at 10:13pmpost #119 of 2678/2/14 at 12:05pmQuote:
I expect it ended up slimmer because of the indigo dyeing process. I think there was some variation in size on these garments because Margaret Howell were not selling them online.
The Autumn Winter Mens Lookbook is now online:
Looks a very solid collection although I always feel it's a case of deja-vu with a lot of the garments (although I'm not complaining).
The heavy Moleskin trousers which were made in Black for AW13 return in Navy, Grey and Brown.
Shirt Blazers, Saddle Crews, Classic shirts.
The Navy Melton DB Reefer Jacket, Military Shirt and Japanese Cotton Shirt have caught my eye.post #120 of 2678/2/14 at 12:13pm
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 seconds ago
- › The Dark Knot official affiliate thread - Highest quality luxury... 17 seconds ago
- › Why is Restaurant Service So BAD at times these days? 33 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 2 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › First Denim From Gustin 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...