Still some of the MH/Edwin jeans in the Japanese web shop. You can also find them in yahoo.jp with some frequency.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:08 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- FINAL SALE / Jil, Uniqlo, GATs, CPs etc / $5 shirts etc, GIVEAWAY PRICES Last post on 8/6/11 at 5:33am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 - Page 8
Styleforum Top Pickspost #107 of 2717/14/14 at 5:11pmpost #108 of 2717/15/14 at 8:50ampost #109 of 2717/16/14 at 11:59ampost #110 of 2717/23/14 at 7:01pmI'm going to consider this the official MH thread, since sipang did such a nice job starting it.
I just picked up my first Margaret Howell piece, the indigo linen cable knit from Unionmade, and it is a thing of beauty. I sized well, and it seems to fit slimmer than the grey version shown above.post #111 of 2717/23/14 at 7:20pmpost #112 of 2717/31/14 at 10:58am^thanks.
I'm trying to decide on the "slim" work shirt, whether I should wear it untucked and embrace to looser fit, or pass it on. I bought my usual shirt size, medium, and sadly, no smalls seem to be available. Could have it slimmed a little, but the seams are felled and chainstitched. Such a nice shirt (not the best shorts to pair it with, though...).
The fabric is beautiful.
The matelot? Well, I don't know that I will wear this out in public other than to the pool or beach.post #113 of 2717/31/14 at 11:16amDefinitely keep. Will look great with trousers. Shoulders hit you on point and Margaret would definitely not want you to size down.
I don't love the shape of the Matelot shirt, but it will look good under a jacket. You go M on that one as well? I wanted the darker colorway, but they don't have a S and it looked like I should size down.post #114 of 2717/31/14 at 11:32ampost #115 of 2717/31/14 at 11:40amThanks, guys. Will keep. I know that's how it was intended to be worn, based on the looks. I just have to get used to itQuote:I went with a small based on the measurements. Yeah, it's a little feminine of a cut, and the "light grey-blue" color is actually more of a light violet. I find that boat neck matelots look best when worn on:
2. small wooden sailboats (preferably, that you built yourself)
3. narrow alleys in France
4. beaches in 1930post #116 of 2717/31/14 at 12:31pm
lol i've gotten so sick of asking unionmade about their size XL 20.5" p2ps, and jeans in bigger sizes having smaller thigh measurements, and their being defensive even when I phrase my e-mails in the most courteous of tones. Will probably never from them again. Also looks like La Garconne will be carrying both the main and MHL line soon.post #117 of 2717/31/14 at 6:19pmpost #118 of 2717/31/14 at 10:13pmpost #119 of 2718/2/14 at 12:05pmQuote:
I expect it ended up slimmer because of the indigo dyeing process. I think there was some variation in size on these garments because Margaret Howell were not selling them online.
The Autumn Winter Mens Lookbook is now online:
Looks a very solid collection although I always feel it's a case of deja-vu with a lot of the garments (although I'm not complaining).
The heavy Moleskin trousers which were made in Black for AW13 return in Navy, Grey and Brown.
Shirt Blazers, Saddle Crews, Classic shirts.
The Navy Melton DB Reefer Jacket, Military Shirt and Japanese Cotton Shirt have caught my eye.post #120 of 2718/2/14 at 12:13pm
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 7 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 24 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 26 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 27 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 37 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 37 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 43 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 45 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...