or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 20130920: NO PANTS!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 20130920: NO PANTS!!!!! - Page 3

Poll Results: WHO LOOKS THE BEST WITHOUT PENTS?!?

Poll expired: Sep 24, 2013 This is a multiple choice poll
  • 70% (42)
    TTO
  • 8% (5)
    GMMcL
  • 5% (3)
    upr_crust
  • 40% (24)
    Holdfast
  • 3% (2)
    coldsalmon
  • 23% (14)
    in stitches
60 Total Votes  
post #31 of 171
Since I don't have suitable BD's, I'm defitely for stripes. But not pinstripes (or whatever narrow stripes are on shirts)...would be too easy with a suit.

Ok, Mrs C wants to say something foo.gifnod[1].giffoo.giffoo.gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].giffoo.giffoo.gif

Edit: now that Mrs C isn't constantly trying to interfere with the typing on my iPad--I like the idea of having an informal shirt with a suit...I just think that BD might be a little too restrictive, especially for the Brits.
Edited by Claghorn - 9/17/13 at 8:22pm
post #32 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

no thoughts on swaping a stripe shirt for the BD?

food for thought in the meanwhile....

 

My thoughts exactly.  Henry Carter stays wearing BD with suits and looks fantastic on the regular.  It can be done.  Case in point. 

post #33 of 171
Thread Starter 
well, i see we have different schools of thought here. i think a BD with a suit can be great, my only concern would be a lack of participants.

please to continue discussing, i will decide at high noon tomorrow.

thanks!
post #34 of 171
I also agree that it can look great, and that nobody does it better than HC. The strength in pushing for buttondowns is that participants have to figure out how to balance informal with formal.

I just also share Stitchy's concern.
post #35 of 171

A major point of a challenge is that it's supposed to be... a challenge. If you alter the terms to make it easy, then it's not so interesting. And not everyone can enter every challenge.

post #36 of 171
Thread Starter 
that was why i did it. i thought it would be a true challenge. however, i think it wont be all that much fun if we have only a half dozen or so entries. frown.gif
post #37 of 171
Cross-post from the main thread to get things rolling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post

it felt odd going without a pocket square, but I have no problem with BD collars and suits, admittedly it's a casual/sporty suit, so it feels like a natural fit to my British sensibilities...
-TTO
post #38 of 171

I don't wear suits, you sunofabitch!!!

post #39 of 171

Whelp, I guess that seals it. Button downs it is.

post #40 of 171

Btw, I think this is one of the better challenges of late. 

post #41 of 171
I wanted to wear this suit today and had reached for the OCBD, then I remembered the 'No-Pant's' rules and made sure to omit the square so as to be eligible, if the challenge changes, no problem. I certainly don't mean to force Stitchy's hand, I just wanted to wear the suit today.
-TTO
post #42 of 171

Count me in for the BDs or the striped shirts. Just let me know which it is, because I have no striped BDs. Striped BVDs are another matter, especially since this is the No Pants Challenge.

post #43 of 171
Damn TTO already jumped out into front.
post #44 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post

Cross-post from the main thread to get things rolling...
it felt odd going without a pocket square, but I have no problem with BD collars and suits, admittedly it's a casual/sporty suit, so it feels like a natural fit to my British sensibilities...
-TTO

this is fantastic, TTO. thank you for showing people how well this look can be when done right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Whelp, I guess that seals it. Button downs it is.

yes it is. see below for another fit i remembered, that also sealed it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Btw, I think this is one of the better challenges of late. 

<3 thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post

I wanted to wear this suit today and had reached for the OCBD, then I remembered the 'No-Pant's' rules and made sure to omit the square so as to be eligible, if the challenge changes, no problem. I certainly don't mean to force Stitchy's hand, I just wanted to wear the suit today.
-TTO

its all good. you made my day, and your fit is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsalmon View Post

Count me in for the BDs or the striped shirts. Just let me know which it is, because I have no striped BDs. Striped BVDs are another matter, especially since this is the No Pants Challenge.

BD IT IS!!!
post #45 of 171
Thread Starter 
so, i remembered this fit from a while back.

if anyone says that a BD shirt and suit cant be done right, well then, mao mao and TTO say you dont know what the hell you are talking about.


it is official. challenge stays as is.


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 20130920: NO PANTS!!!!!