Off topic, but are those cobalt weft PBJ's? Great taste!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 3/19/17 at 1:16pm in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:52 pm in Classic Menswear
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 360post #5387 of 70969/15/16 at 11:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by naspratt
a) no huge preference, although I have some concern 5+3 would look unbalanced.
b) does non-contrast mean black, gunmetal, or antique brass? There's a big difference between them and I can make a case for each (black and gunmetal look great with blue, antique brass goes better with antique edge).
I would go with antique brass, which really should look great with the antique edges. Thanks for your vote!Quote:
Thanks. Yours is the only hard preference so far, so I think you're steering the majorityQuote:
Great, thanks!Quote:Originally Posted by devastitis
a) 4+4 is fine. 5+4 would have been ideal for me, but it's not possible on the Dundees.
b) I originally joined this with the hope to get brass speed hooks, as the contrast would pop very nicely, like a navy Dundee version of the Alden Parajumpers. But if majority votes for gunmetal, I'd be okay with that.
To my mind the Dundees have a different aesthetic to the Alden parajumpers, but I can see what you're saying. THe vote as of now is between contrast and non-contrast hardware. Gunmetal is one of the choices for non-contrast hardware. I prefer to go with antique brass. Anyway, thanks for your vote!post #5388 of 70969/16/16 at 5:30pmpost #5389 of 70969/16/16 at 6:57pmpost #5390 of 70969/16/16 at 7:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Churchill W
I thought it was 1.5x the price as a general rule. Is that not the case if you do it from C&J UK?
On a side note, I wish C&J did something between Whiskey and #8 or is it just because the majority of people in this thread are lusting after Whiskey I may check out Carmina for that type of offering.
C&J is not doing cognac shell anymore?Quote:Originally Posted by wdahab
Also made by Dainite, a lot beefier, and will last a lot longer before needing a resole. I have the EG Galway on it, and after a really hard season of wearing them I'd say they still have 4 more years of wear, even on the heel. Better for my general purpose, which is to be an actual boot, since I live in a land of mud and snow, but also business meetings.
I'm fairly certain that it's less than 50% markup, but I can't remember. I think it's more like 20-30%. Either way, at the group price, these are a steal. At the individual price, even 50% markup, I'd pay that if I just saw them on the market. I don't really think I'm going to get to 12 pairs on this, frankly. But maybe I'm wrong.
There's also a whiskey galway boot GMTO on Gentlemen's footwear going on, but it's not full whiskey (using grain on the upper) and is $2500. Now, that'll be an amazing boot, but I think that I'd rather a full whiskey version, and even more so if I get it in the sub $1000 range.
My C&J for BB captoe boots are 6 years old and on their original Dainite soles. And I'm a 230 pound guy who only has a 5 or 6 shoe rotation. In that time I've had loafers go through at least 3 heels. That's a long way of saying Dainite is incredibly hard wearingpost #5391 of 70969/16/16 at 8:58pmpost #5392 of 70969/20/16 at 4:46amQuote:Originally Posted by BurntPockets
Little late, but wanted to thank everyone for making the Navy Shell Camberley and Lindrick GMTOs so smooth; these were the 2 very first GMTOs I've ever organized (surprisingly did them back to back).
Seems like most already posted close ups of the Navy Shell Camberleys, so here's a photo of it in action in the concrete jungle from my instagram. There's also a shout out to the SF, reddit, and C&J teams for the Lindrick GMTO in an older IG post (the photo is already floating around this thread). Looking forward to future projects with you guys
I've said it before but the Camberley was the smoothest GMTO I've ever been a part of.
I was a bit disappointed that they missed the antique welt, but it's not the end of the world.
I'm a bit annoyed that I passed on the lindrick order as my G&G thorpes have been delayed from skoak.post #5393 of 70969/20/16 at 8:49ampost #5394 of 70969/20/16 at 9:12amQuote:
In C&J parlance, dark brown = Horween cognac. But, they do add additional finish to it at the factory to make the colors more uniform.post #5395 of 70969/20/16 at 9:20amQuote:
Really? I feel like the dark brown I've seen (Lindricks, Dundees, etc) look a lot darker than what I picture cognac being. Maybe that's due to whatever finishing they add?post #5396 of 70969/20/16 at 9:26ampost #5397 of 70969/20/16 at 9:38amQuote:
Yes it's due to finishing. The dark cognac from Horween is not exactly uniform, and for better or worse, C&J applies finish to try to make it so. All my dark brown shell C&J has arrived with enough dark brown finish to soil one or two rags.post #5398 of 70969/20/16 at 9:41ampost #5399 of 70969/20/16 at 9:53amQuote:
Carmina's "cognac" does not necessarily come from Horween (dark) cognac. But C&Js dark brown does.post #5400 of 70969/20/16 at 12:28pm
Honestly there is so much variation in cognac and dark cognac and brown that I think of them as one color that may look wildly different from batch to batch . Even in the same "batch" cognac can look very different than cognacReturn Home
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 21 seconds ago
- › Sorority Semi-Formal at Preppy, Mid-Atlantic Liberal Arts College 3 minutes ago
- › Dress shoes with jeans. 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 14 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › Dainite Sole - Versatility but Durability? 22 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 24 minutes ago
- › How to Create a Mirror Shine 25 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 37 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...