or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 359

post #5371 of 6029
So, working with Lauren, time for an interest check. PM me if you'd be in on this.

Radnor
Whiskey Shell Cordovan
Ridgeway Sole
Antique flat welt
Faux stitched Cap Toe stitching
228 Wide fitting.

They'd look like a GYW version of these:



So, if I can get 12, there we are. Now, if I can't get 12, I'm going to just pay whatever custom MTO price there is. Anyone know what that markup is? Even if Lauren can't do it, I know my local NYC store can, just at an even bigger markup.

Wide fitting, unless it's not doable for whatever reason, or when I go to double check my sizing on the standard width 228 this weekend, is how I'm going to go. I know some folks want/need narrower boots, but just can't do it. I have to sit out so many of your GMTOs because they are all too narrow. Sorry!
post #5372 of 6029
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

So, working with Lauren, time for an interest check. PM me if you'd be in on this.

Radnor
Whiskey Shell Cordovan
Ridgeway Sole
Antique flat welt
Faux stitched Cap Toe stitching
228 Wide fitting.

They'd look like a GYW version of these:



So, if I can get 12, there we are. Now, if I can't get 12, I'm going to just pay whatever custom MTO price there is. Anyone know what that markup is? Even if Lauren can't do it, I know my local NYC store can, just at an even bigger markup.

Wide fitting, unless it's not doable for whatever reason, or when I go to double check my sizing on the standard width 228 this weekend, is how I'm going to go. I know some folks want/need narrower boots, but just can't do it. I have to sit out so many of your GMTOs because they are all too narrow. Sorry!

 

I'm not in the market for a Galway type boot, but I'd recommend if you're going to pay the markup to buy from C&J UK direct.  It will be less than the NY store and a further discount when they exclude VAT.

post #5373 of 6029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarsdaleVibe View Post

I'm not in the market for a Galway type boot, but I'd recommend if you're going to pay the markup to buy from C&J UK direct.  It will be less than the NY store and a further discount when they exclude VAT.

Right. I meant, if Lauren says "we can't do this as a single-pair MTO through us" I'd go through the NY store instead.
post #5374 of 6029
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

Right. I meant, if Lauren says "we can't do this as a single-pair MTO through us" I'd go through the NY store instead.
I thought it was 1.5x the price as a general rule. Is that not the case if you do it from C&J UK?

On a side note, I wish C&J did something between Whiskey and #8 or is it just because the majority of people in this thread are lusting after Whiskey I may check out Carmina for that type of offering.
post #5375 of 6029
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

So, working with Lauren, time for an interest check. PM me if you'd be in on this.

Radnor
Whiskey Shell Cordovan
Ridgeway Sole
Antique flat welt
Faux stitched Cap Toe stitching
228 Wide fitting.

They'd look like a GYW version of these:



So, if I can get 12, there we are. Now, if I can't get 12, I'm going to just pay whatever custom MTO price there is. Anyone know what that markup is? Even if Lauren can't do it, I know my local NYC store can, just at an even bigger markup.

Wide fitting, unless it's not doable for whatever reason, or when I go to double check my sizing on the standard width 228 this weekend, is how I'm going to go. I know some folks want/need narrower boots, but just can't do it. I have to sit out so many of your GMTOs because they are all too narrow. Sorry!

What is the ridgeway sole?

post #5376 of 6029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


I thought it was 1.5x the price as a general rule. Is that not the case if you do it from C&J UK?

On a side note, I wish C&J did something between Whiskey and #8 or is it just because the majority of people in this thread are lusting after Whiskey I may check out Carmina for that type of offering..


I recently priced out an individual MTO from Lauren and it was about $250 more than a comparable model.  I'm not certain if that is standard or just for the model I was interested in, but it definitely wasn't 1.5x.

post #5377 of 6029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post

What is the ridgeway sole?
Also made by Dainite, a lot beefier, and will last a lot longer before needing a resole. I have the EG Galway on it, and after a really hard season of wearing them I'd say they still have 4 more years of wear, even on the heel. Better for my general purpose, which is to be an actual boot, since I live in a land of mud and snow, but also business meetings.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post

I thought it was 1.5x the price as a general rule. Is that not the case if you do it from C&J UK?

On a side note, I wish C&J did something between Whiskey and #8 or is it just because the majority of people in this thread are lusting after Whiskey I may check out Carmina for that type of offering.

I'm fairly certain that it's less than 50% markup, but I can't remember. I think it's more like 20-30%. Either way, at the group price, these are a steal. At the individual price, even 50% markup, I'd pay that if I just saw them on the market. I don't really think I'm going to get to 12 pairs on this, frankly. But maybe I'm wrong.

There's also a whiskey galway boot GMTO on Gentlemen's footwear going on, but it's not full whiskey (using grain on the upper) and is $2500. Now, that'll be an amazing boot, but I think that I'd rather a full whiskey version, and even more so if I get it in the sub $1000 range.
post #5378 of 6029

More news on Dundee 2.0 in Navy Shell:

 

1) Veldtschoen construction is not possible with cordovan. (I guess this is pertinent to others on this thread wondering about it as well.)

2) Extra broguing is not possible.

3) 5 exposed eyelets + 3 speed hooks is possible.

4) The Islay pull tab instead of the regular Dundee pull tab is possible.

 

I think this basically resolves all of the details for the final makeup except for the metal hardware. Can we please put the following two things to vote?

 

a) Exposed eyelets + speedhooks: 5+3 or 4+4?

b) Metal hardware: Contrast or non-contrast?

 

@wklq76a

@naspratt

@ScarsdaleVibe

@devastitis

@ryantaylor05

@randomkoreandude

@JayDotz

@tkliebert

 

Thanks, guys!

 

For anyone who wants to be on the waitlist, here's the signup sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1acZiSz7uSwv870RmvVJimRTNyUkIVeJtPUdYaL7w_yY/edit#gid=0

post #5379 of 6029

a) I'll go with the majority.  This is not priority for me

b) Prefer contrast, but this is not a dealbreaker.  

post #5380 of 6029
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbanor View Post
 

More news on Dundee 2.0 in Navy Shell:

 

1) Veldtschoen construction is not possible with cordovan. (I guess this is pertinent to others on this thread wondering about it as well.)

2) Extra broguing is not possible.

3) 5 exposed eyelets + 3 speed hooks is possible.

4) The Islay pull tab instead of the regular Dundee pull tab is possible.

 

I think this basically resolves all of the details for the final makeup except for the metal hardware. Can we please put the following two things to vote?

 

a) Exposed eyelets + speedhooks: 5+3 or 4+4?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

a) No preference on # of eyelets/speedhooks - majority preference is fine

b) Having non-contrasting hardware is a must for me. No hard feelings if the majority wants brass - I can go single MTO if that's the case

post #5381 of 6029
a) Exposed eyelets + speedhooks:4+4
b) Metal hardware: non contrast

Neither are a deal breaker for me.
post #5382 of 6029
Gents,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this and I'm sorry if it isn't, but if anyone who was involved in the recently arrived Dundee (Dark Brown Shell Cordovan Boot) has an 11E and feels they need an 11.5E please get in touch, I am in the reverse situation.

Thanks.
post #5383 of 6029
a) no huge preference, although I have some concern 5+3 would look unbalanced.
b) does non-contrast mean black, gunmetal, or antique brass? There's a big difference between them and I can make a case for each (black and gunmetal look great with blue, antique brass goes better with antique edge).
post #5384 of 6029
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbanor View Post
 

More news on Dundee 2.0 in Navy Shell:

 

1) Veldtschoen construction is not possible with cordovan. (I guess this is pertinent to others on this thread wondering about it as well.)

2) Extra broguing is not possible.

3) 5 exposed eyelets + 3 speed hooks is possible.

4) The Islay pull tab instead of the regular Dundee pull tab is possible.

 

I think this basically resolves all of the details for the final makeup except for the metal hardware. Can we please put the following two things to vote?

 

a) Exposed eyelets + speedhooks: 5+3 or 4+4?

b) Metal hardware: Contrast or non-contrast?

 

@wklq76a

@naspratt

@ScarsdaleVibe

@devastitis

@ryantaylor05

@randomkoreandude

@JayDotz

@tkliebert

 

Thanks, guys!

 

For anyone who wants to be on the waitlist, here's the signup sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1acZiSz7uSwv870RmvVJimRTNyUkIVeJtPUdYaL7w_yY/edit#gid=0


a) 4+4 is fine.  5+4 would have been ideal for me, but it's not possible on the Dundees.

b) I originally joined this with the hope to get brass speed hooks, as the contrast would pop very nicely, like a navy Dundee version of the Alden Parajumpers.  But if majority votes for gunmetal, I'd be okay with that.

post #5385 of 6029

Little late, but wanted to thank everyone for making the Navy Shell Camberley and Lindrick GMTOs so smooth; these were the 2 very first GMTOs I've ever organized (surprisingly did them back to back).

 

Seems like most already posted close ups of the Navy Shell Camberleys, so here's a photo of it in action in the concrete jungle from my instagram. There's also a shout out to the SF, reddit, and C&J teams for the Lindrick GMTO in an older IG post (the photo is already floating around this thread). Looking forward to future projects with you guys

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: