To clarify, I'd prefer no medallion and I'm fine with a cap toe or perforated cap toe. Broguing on the sides is fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 11:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:31 pm in Classic Menswear
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 346post #5177 of 68868/28/16 at 8:11am
I saw those too. You might take a chance on them but I think 9UK would be too short even though you'll be okay for volume.Quote:
Didn't think about Veldtschoen. Wouldn't mind that actually!Quote:
Yes, the 341 has a more pointed toe-box. The Harlech is commonly made in the 341 last.
Okay thanks! Can you please put that in the GoogleDoc?post #5178 of 68868/28/16 at 9:34amQuote:This man gets it! No medallion is fine by me.Quote:Good look; I might give them a try just for kicks. The price is really good. And I'm a 10D on my right foot, and the Vass P2 fits good in 43.
Edited by naspratt - 8/28/16 at 11:28ampost #5179 of 68868/28/16 at 9:47amQuote:
What are you guys envisioning wearing this with? Is it a casual boot/pair with selvedge? I haven't dipped into any navy shell yet.post #5180 of 68868/28/16 at 10:04ampost #5181 of 68868/28/16 at 10:29ampost #5182 of 68868/28/16 at 11:37amQuote:
Yeah, then it might just work! Lucky manQuote:
Normally jeans and chinos, though on a snowy or wet day I could even wear these with dress pants.Quote:
You should try to get sized, if possible. 8.5E UK sounds reasonable, though.post #5183 of 68868/28/16 at 5:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Watchman1
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Here are a couple shots of the standard CJ welt stitch:Perhaps it is because I have so many shoes and boots in whiskey shell cordovan that I am constantly looking for something fresh and different from the norm...
This looks great. But a little boring for me TBH.
I hate it when people say "first world problems" but damn, that really is the definition of a first world problem.
(Note, I've felt the same way.)post #5184 of 68868/28/16 at 7:20pmpost #5185 of 68868/28/16 at 7:20pm
Here I am anxiously awaiting the Lindrick GMTO (which won't arrive until around Christmas or later) and I'm already thinking to myself "well, at least if they feel too narrow, I can always try to sell them and turn that money around to buy a pair of dark brown shell Skyes."
Edit: literally 30 seconds before I made my post, the above beautiful photos were posted!post #5186 of 68868/28/16 at 7:22pmpost #5187 of 68868/28/16 at 7:25pmpost #5188 of 68868/28/16 at 8:07pmpost #5189 of 68868/29/16 at 6:42amQuote:
Dude, I totally did not mean to sound snooty or snobbish. All I was trying to communicate was the fact that I have too many shoes/boots in the same color spectrum thats all.
The Warlow's are very different from anything else I own at this time.
And I am NOT a baller by any stretch. Honestly, I am in Grad School right now. My vocation is a very humble one.
Nevertheless, collecting shell cordovan shoes and boots is my hobby and pastime.
Thanks.post #5190 of 68868/29/16 at 6:54am
I think the best way to settle this is a shell duel. First one to take off his shell boot and strike the other person from a 10 pace distance wins. No make-ups with hooks though - that would be like sliding into second with spikes up.Quote:
I have a pair of these because I got tired waiting for a phone call from an Alden store. Definitely a solid decision.Return Home
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Prince Drop - NWT Isaia Solid Navy Blue Suit 38S - Price Drop 4 minutes ago
- › 3 Piece Fresco Suit??? 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › TOM FORD Herringbone Grey Blazer - Sz 56R (46R) - Wool+Silk Blend 15 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › I need some tips for Lviv - Ukraine, anyone live there or have some... 23 minutes ago
- › The Barbanera Shoes Appreciation Thread (pictures, sizing, etc.) 25 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 32 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 34 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway