Worth a shot! I think they would be quite gorgeous.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:14 pm in Classic Menswear
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 26post #376 of 350012/3/13 at 7:57pmpost #377 of 350012/4/13 at 12:31pmpost #378 of 350012/6/13 at 11:45amThread StarterI heard back from Lauren. They would be able to provide a MTO of the Cheviot in any of their cordovan colors (whiskey, dark brown, black, burgundy and navy). I'm leaning towards dark brown personally, I feel a dark brown Cheviot would compliment the Marlow family very well, and I would probably get more use from a darker longwing.
She is going to get back to me with info on a MTO Gianni with NST.post #379 of 350012/6/13 at 1:17pmpost #380 of 350012/6/13 at 1:24pmpost #381 of 350012/6/13 at 2:02pmThread StarterQuote:
I have emailed to find out. Will let you know when I get a response.Quote:
I like the idea of a navy boot, I just don't think I would ever use it.post #382 of 350012/6/13 at 5:26pmpost #383 of 350012/7/13 at 8:47ampost #384 of 350012/7/13 at 10:25ampost #385 of 350012/7/13 at 10:27amQuote:
The upcharge is around 50% of the standard purchase price of the model in question, with an additional £50 charge if any pattern changes are needed.post #386 of 350012/7/13 at 11:41amQuote:Originally Posted by CTBrummie
The upcharge is around 50% of the standard purchase price of the model in question, with an additional £50 charge if any pattern changes are needed.
This makes the group MTO even nicer. This Whiskey Harlech should look really sweet, not run of the mill! Okay I need to contain myself. Anticipation ..post #387 of 350012/7/13 at 2:21pm
I'm not doing really well at containing my anticipation either. I think that partly contributed to me springing for those Conistons from Barneys, which look like they're not going to arrive today, as expected, due to the weather. But I agree, the whiskey Harlechs should be incredible. Part of the anticipation is waiting to see what color the whiskey actually turns out to be.post #388 of 350012/7/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #389 of 350012/8/13 at 7:04ampost #390 of 350012/9/13 at 7:33amThread StarterJust heard back from Lauren. A Gianni in whiskey is possible but a NST is not - the reason being that the stitching can split the leather. I guess this is why Alden hand-stitches, and perhaps C&J machine? Cost would be £650 inc. VAT (so up from £575 for the Harlech).
Cheviot is on the 335 last - waiting to hear back on the Gianni last.
All cordovan C&J uses is from Horween. I began to wonder when the QC issues arose on the dark brown Gianni's (the scratching and severe looking dryness posted by Namor had me questioning). I hope there are no QC issues with the current Harlech MTO...
I'm currently thinking a dark brown Cheviot would be very useful. As far as another whiskey is concerned, I'm going to wait and see what the Harlech's end up like.Return Home
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...