Worth a shot! I think they would be quite gorgeous.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 3:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:54 am in Classic Menswear
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 26post #376 of 563312/3/13 at 7:57pmpost #377 of 563312/4/13 at 12:31pmpost #378 of 563312/6/13 at 11:45amThread StarterI heard back from Lauren. They would be able to provide a MTO of the Cheviot in any of their cordovan colors (whiskey, dark brown, black, burgundy and navy). I'm leaning towards dark brown personally, I feel a dark brown Cheviot would compliment the Marlow family very well, and I would probably get more use from a darker longwing.
She is going to get back to me with info on a MTO Gianni with NST.post #379 of 563312/6/13 at 1:17pmpost #380 of 563312/6/13 at 1:24pmpost #381 of 563312/6/13 at 2:02pmThread StarterQuote:
I have emailed to find out. Will let you know when I get a response.Quote:
I like the idea of a navy boot, I just don't think I would ever use it.post #382 of 563312/6/13 at 5:26pmpost #383 of 563312/7/13 at 8:47ampost #384 of 563312/7/13 at 10:25ampost #385 of 563312/7/13 at 10:27amQuote:
The upcharge is around 50% of the standard purchase price of the model in question, with an additional £50 charge if any pattern changes are needed.post #386 of 563312/7/13 at 11:41amQuote:Originally Posted by CTBrummie
The upcharge is around 50% of the standard purchase price of the model in question, with an additional £50 charge if any pattern changes are needed.
This makes the group MTO even nicer. This Whiskey Harlech should look really sweet, not run of the mill! Okay I need to contain myself. Anticipation ..post #387 of 563312/7/13 at 2:21pm
I'm not doing really well at containing my anticipation either. I think that partly contributed to me springing for those Conistons from Barneys, which look like they're not going to arrive today, as expected, due to the weather. But I agree, the whiskey Harlechs should be incredible. Part of the anticipation is waiting to see what color the whiskey actually turns out to be.post #388 of 563312/7/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #389 of 563312/8/13 at 7:04ampost #390 of 563312/9/13 at 7:33amThread StarterJust heard back from Lauren. A Gianni in whiskey is possible but a NST is not - the reason being that the stitching can split the leather. I guess this is why Alden hand-stitches, and perhaps C&J machine? Cost would be £650 inc. VAT (so up from £575 for the Harlech).
Cheviot is on the 335 last - waiting to hear back on the Gianni last.
All cordovan C&J uses is from Horween. I began to wonder when the QC issues arose on the dark brown Gianni's (the scratching and severe looking dryness posted by Namor had me questioning). I hope there are no QC issues with the current Harlech MTO...
I'm currently thinking a dark brown Cheviot would be very useful. As far as another whiskey is concerned, I'm going to wait and see what the Harlech's end up like.Return Home
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 25 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Blacksmith boots 9.5D US - Billy Beige 7 minutes ago
- › Canada goose Windermere parka anyone have? 10 minutes ago
- › MA-1 Jackets Thread 13 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Dsquared runway leather jacket 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...