I placed an order with Lauren this morning for a pair of the "mainline" C&J shoe trees. They will be shipped to me with the mto boots when they're ready. The export price (excluding VAT) is £50 and an extra £5 to cover the extra weight for shipping. That comes to somewhere around $90 including the shipping. Pretty steep for a pair of trees, compared to my favorite Woodlore twin-tube Epics, for around $22 on sale. But this is special...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/28/15 at 8:43am in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 24
See I was thinking something like the C&J Cheviot - in ravello or even dark brown.
So who's in on a Whiskey Cheviot? Perhaps with enough interest, we can place another order with C&J at the beginning of 2014 to be delivered in the Spring/Summer. Anybody with me? Hoit, would you be interested in Whiskey?
I would be very interested. I actually sent Lauren an email about a week ago enquiring about the Cheviot (and cordovan options). She is going to do some research and get back to me. I'll update this thread when she responds. I would definitely need to see this Harlech first, to get a sense of the shade of whiskey. An early 2014 order would definitely be doable for me.
Count me in on the Whiskey Cheviots!
Those worn-in chukkas look awesome! What last are they on?
I quite haven't been able to get a decent comfort level with chukka boots. I have four pairs of chukkas (Alden, AE and some Italian) and for some reason, I just don't feel the same level of comfort or stability with chukkas as with my ankle boots. I think the size and fit of the chukkas are fine so not sure if it's that there's less control on how to secure the fit due to the lesser number of eyelets. Maybe chukkas just aren't for me. That's why I'm hesitant to try another pair of chukkas even though those RL chukkas look really nice.
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 2 minutes ago
- › Reigning Champ Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 10 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 11 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...