I placed an order with Lauren this morning for a pair of the "mainline" C&J shoe trees. They will be shipped to me with the mto boots when they're ready. The export price (excluding VAT) is £50 and an extra £5 to cover the extra weight for shipping. That comes to somewhere around $90 including the shipping. Pretty steep for a pair of trees, compared to my favorite Woodlore twin-tube Epics, for around $22 on sale. But this is special...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 10:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:11 am in Classic Menswear
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 24post #346 of 350010/29/13 at 12:43pmpost #347 of 350011/1/13 at 6:02amQuote:Originally Posted by hoit1981
See I was thinking something like the C&J Cheviot - in ravello or even dark brown.
So who's in on a Whiskey Cheviot? Perhaps with enough interest, we can place another order with C&J at the beginning of 2014 to be delivered in the Spring/Summer. Anybody with me? Hoit, would you be interested in Whiskey?post #348 of 350011/1/13 at 7:39amThread StarterQuote:
I would be very interested. I actually sent Lauren an email about a week ago enquiring about the Cheviot (and cordovan options). She is going to do some research and get back to me. I'll update this thread when she responds. I would definitely need to see this Harlech first, to get a sense of the shade of whiskey. An early 2014 order would definitely be doable for me.post #349 of 350011/17/13 at 6:45amQuote:
Count me in on the Whiskey Cheviots!post #350 of 350011/17/13 at 7:18ampost #351 of 350011/17/13 at 7:20ampost #352 of 350011/17/13 at 9:33ampost #353 of 350011/17/13 at 11:36ampost #354 of 350011/17/13 at 11:58amThread Starterpost #355 of 350011/17/13 at 12:10pmpost #356 of 350011/18/13 at 8:03amThread Starterpost #357 of 350011/18/13 at 8:31am
Those worn-in chukkas look awesome! What last are they on?
I quite haven't been able to get a decent comfort level with chukka boots. I have four pairs of chukkas (Alden, AE and some Italian) and for some reason, I just don't feel the same level of comfort or stability with chukkas as with my ankle boots. I think the size and fit of the chukkas are fine so not sure if it's that there's less control on how to secure the fit due to the lesser number of eyelets. Maybe chukkas just aren't for me. That's why I'm hesitant to try another pair of chukkas even though those RL chukkas look really nice.post #358 of 350011/18/13 at 9:20ampost #359 of 350011/18/13 at 9:27amReturn Home
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 5 minutes ago
- › NWT Thom Browne for Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Grey Burgundy... 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...