From what I heard C&J does not have lasted shoe trees. Those double springed trees are just called luxury trees but they are not lasted.
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts › Crockett & Jones MTO Central
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 9:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:16 pm in Classic Menswear
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 23post #332 of 353510/27/13 at 10:01pmQuote:
I bought a set of mens & ladies CJ shoe trees from the CJ NY boutique not too long ago. They are both standard CJ last. The mens were varnished hardwood trees, while the ladies were the newer non-varnished hardwood trees.post #333 of 353510/28/13 at 5:14ampost #334 of 353510/28/13 at 6:51amThread Starterpost #335 of 353510/28/13 at 7:14amHoit1981, if the winds of Zeus and his gods blow your way, you might get them for Xmas!
I got the same email, and she also said that she'd keep us updated throughout the process. I think I am going to spring for their trees, the mainline ones. The pics on their site seem to show that these are not varnished. The high end ones are definitely varnished. I just think it will make this mto that much more special.post #336 of 353510/28/13 at 8:04amThread Starterpost #337 of 353510/28/13 at 8:12ampost #338 of 353510/28/13 at 8:22ampost #339 of 353510/28/13 at 8:28amThread Starterpost #340 of 353510/28/13 at 8:29ampost #341 of 353510/28/13 at 8:35ampost #342 of 353510/28/13 at 8:52amQuote:
Would you want to gmto this? I think we could do it at skoak for $1600 or so? Whisky cordovan, double leather, maybe all eyelets?post #343 of 353510/28/13 at 8:57amThread StarterQuote:
Yeah, this is the main purpose. I would have thought that lasted cedar trees would be the best option though, as they would absorb moisture and keep the shape.post #344 of 353510/28/13 at 10:36ampost #345 of 353510/28/13 at 12:48pmReturn Home
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 977 Active Users (132 Members and 845 Guests)
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 18 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Best Value Tailor in Hong Kong 13 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 28 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?