or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 198

post #2956 of 6048
I did ask if there's any discount available for a larger order. There isn't!

Also asked about the full lining and shearling, at least we'll know if it's possible even if we don't go with it. They're checking with the factory.
post #2957 of 6048
In!
post #2958 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljh View Post
 


Hot off the press from C&J:

 

"I have been informed that there are some zug leather available and should have a sample later on this week or early next week. I am more than happy to send this on to yourself, just let me know your full postal address." :slayer:

Very exciting news. Can't wait for the pictures!

post #2959 of 6048
Great news!

Thanks for putting this together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljh View Post

Certainly will. I'll post pictures of the leather as soon as I have it
post #2960 of 6048


Update on the Snowdon GMTO

 

We can have the boot fully leather lined if we want, but the shearling collar was a one off for the Turner Twins and is not an option.

post #2961 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

I am looking forward to seeing those pictures. I already have Zug from EG, if the color is the same it would not make any sense to buy another pair.

This does not compute
post #2962 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

This does not compute

That 64 last is not optimal for my feet or I should have taken F width. I may be on snowdown after all and sell my EG Zug.
post #2963 of 6048
(Why) Do we want a full leather lining?

My ol snowdons are probably my most comfy boots. They served me well again today.
post #2964 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crat View Post

(Why) Do we want a full leather lining?
 

I can happily live without it, but laufer asked about that and the shearling

post #2965 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljh View Post

I can happily live without it, but laufer asked about that and the shearling


I was just curious about shearling top, essentially I was asking if they are going to replicate boot they made for The Turner Twins, I did not know if that boot was fully leather lined. I can live without leather lining.
post #2966 of 6048
I would also prefer no leather lining.
post #2967 of 6048
I haven't been following this from the beginning, so apologies if this has been covered, but do we have even ballpark estimates on price and turnaround time?
post #2968 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I haven't been following this from the beginning, so apologies if this has been covered, but do we have even ballpark estimates on price and turnaround time?


I was quoted £475 (i.e. standard retail) + £250 for a single MTO with a 6-8 week turnaround. That was for a version with a full bellows tongue, although to be honest I was expecting a price increase for that. Presumably a GMTO will take longer, but I don't know. From what I understand the zug leather won't attract any additional costs.

 

I can give you a better answer once we've seen the leather and finalised the spec.

post #2969 of 6048
^^^ Cheers.
post #2970 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljh View Post
 


I was quoted £475 (i.e. standard retail) + £250 for a single MTO with a 6-8 week turnaround. That was for a version with a full bellows tongue, although to be honest I was expecting a price increase for that. Presumably a GMTO will take longer, but I don't know. From what I understand the zug leather won't attract any additional costs.

 

I can give you a better answer once we've seen the leather and finalised the spec.

Thanks for heading this up  keeping all of us informed.​

 

If this Zug leather is anything like the Zug leather we got with the EG Zugs, I could do without the lining as well. The leather alone is thick enough no lining is needed

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: