Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 7:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:06 am in Classic Menswear
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 20post #286 of 354310/15/13 at 7:35amThread Starterpost #287 of 354310/16/13 at 7:34amThread Starterpost #288 of 354310/16/13 at 8:53ampost #289 of 354310/16/13 at 9:06ampost #290 of 354310/16/13 at 9:42am
Do you all know what the advantages and disadvantages of getting flush metal toe taps put on these? If I get them put on, will I always need to have them on, even after recrafts? Do the screws for the flush metal toe taps go up into the welt or into the shoe or something? Do metal toe taps tend to scratch wood floors or make scraping noise on cement?post #291 of 354310/16/13 at 10:11ampost #292 of 354310/16/13 at 10:53ampost #293 of 354310/16/13 at 11:07amQuote:
maybe a monster Shell Gunboat! Whiskey or Ravello .. hell even burgundy would be nice as the C&J has a much lighter ruby color burgundy ... than #8
Nice work here Hoit1981 ... many thanks for working this project .. Your Sir are Aces..post #294 of 354310/16/13 at 11:25amThread StarterAwesome idea for a stonking gunboat! Not sure I could work a lighter burgundy into a regular rotation though. I wonder if C&J will be able to get their hands on a ravello(ish) cordovan - at the moment the only browns they do are whiskey & dark. To be honest I'm kind of hoping that this whiskey comes out on the darker side if things - from the swatch I took a photo of it definitely looked considerably darker than Alden's whiskey.post #295 of 354310/16/13 at 11:36am
I also want to thank hoit1981 for all his efforts coordinating this. I'm not sure when I would have been able to get shell boots in this color. Also, huge thanks to whomever (don't remember who it was) who referred me to this thread otherwise I would have probably never been able to get on this order. Whoever you are, much thanks!post #296 of 354310/16/13 at 12:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by hoit1981
Awesome idea for a stonking gunboat! Not sure I could work a lighter burgundy into a regular rotation though. I wonder if C&J will be able to get their hands on a ravello(ish) cordovan - at the moment the only browns they do are whiskey & dark. To be honest I'm kind of hoping that this whiskey comes out on the darker side if things - from the swatch I took a photo of it definitely looked considerably darker than Alden's whiskey.
A whiskey/ravello gunboat or SWB like the Cardigan 4 would be so awesome! You guys are going to make me go broke!Quote:
^ I also wanted to echo this sentiment!post #297 of 354310/16/13 at 1:32pmThread Starterpost #298 of 354310/16/13 at 2:03pmpost #299 of 354310/16/13 at 2:16pmThread Starterpost #300 of 354310/16/13 at 2:25pmReturn Home
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › SuitSupply quality: Would you exchange this jacket? 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 12 minutes ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?