Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 10:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 6:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 20
Do you all know what the advantages and disadvantages of getting flush metal toe taps put on these? If I get them put on, will I always need to have them on, even after recrafts? Do the screws for the flush metal toe taps go up into the welt or into the shoe or something? Do metal toe taps tend to scratch wood floors or make scraping noise on cement?
maybe a monster Shell Gunboat! Whiskey or Ravello .. hell even burgundy would be nice as the C&J has a much lighter ruby color burgundy ... than #8
Nice work here Hoit1981 ... many thanks for working this project .. Your Sir are Aces..
I also want to thank hoit1981 for all his efforts coordinating this. I'm not sure when I would have been able to get shell boots in this color. Also, huge thanks to whomever (don't remember who it was) who referred me to this thread otherwise I would have probably never been able to get on this order. Whoever you are, much thanks!
Awesome idea for a stonking gunboat! Not sure I could work a lighter burgundy into a regular rotation though. I wonder if C&J will be able to get their hands on a ravello(ish) cordovan - at the moment the only browns they do are whiskey & dark. To be honest I'm kind of hoping that this whiskey comes out on the darker side if things - from the swatch I took a photo of it definitely looked considerably darker than Alden's whiskey.
A whiskey/ravello gunboat or SWB like the Cardigan 4 would be so awesome! You guys are going to make me go broke!
^ I also wanted to echo this sentiment!
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris Anthracite wool coat size 52 NWT 10 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ***The Official San Francisco/Bay Area Thread*** 14 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 15 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015