or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones MTO Central
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 16

post #226 of 2128
Thread Starter 
Numbering is a no for some reason.
post #227 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

I have spoken with Lauren and she's finding out if individually numbering each boot is possible. We'll know on Monday. I hope no one minds, but I took the opportunity to request number 1 smile.gif

 

You definitely deserve the number 1.  Perhaps the rest should be in order of when the order was placed?  For me, it doesn't really matter as long as it's not #13. :) 

post #228 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Numbering is a no for some reason.

Well that stinks. It would have been nice to commemorate this MTO
post #229 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Looking at the pictures the 341 last toe looks square like.. Weird, I have C&J Ashdown on this last ... Rounded toe, slightly narrower than say 325 but not as much as the 240 so that makes em fly... This last is more curved than the 240.... I know, too much explanation ... old competitive runner here who understands lasts.... Straight vs curved .. =. big deal in FIT. Nobody ever addresses this here.. Y? 325 and 240 are straight lasted ... As most C&J, but the 341 is curved lasted. Nice... Okay lost everyone here ..later

 

What is a curved last and what is a straight last?

post #230 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post
 

 

What is a curved last and what is a straight last?

 

Perhaps this pic illustrates the difference between a straight last and a curved last.  The one on the left is the RL Lindrick (straight last) and the one on the right is the RL Gianni (curved last).  I don't own any curved last shoes/boots so I can't comment on their fit.

post #231 of 2128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Well that stinks. It would have been nice to commemorate this MTO

Would have been nice buy hey-ho. Strange though, as I would have thought it would have been the easiest thing to do in the whole construction.
post #232 of 2128

^ I just realized that the pic above was from you, aldenfan, from another thread!  Haha.  Anyway, it shows the different last types perfectly.

post #233 of 2128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandchau View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Perhaps this pic illustrates the difference between a straight last and a curved last.  The one on the left is the RL Lindrick (straight last) and the one on the right is the RL Gianni (curved last).  I don't own any curved last shoes/boots so I can't comment on their fit.

I have the Marlow wingtip which I'm assuming is straight lasted. When I tried on the 341 boot in-store I felt no real difference in fit, and that I'm exactly the same size in both lasts. What is the "big difference in fit" between the two?
post #234 of 2128
Hello gentlemen, I would like to get in this MTO. So it will be double leather and not Dainite? What about flushed metal toe taps with leather?
post #235 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandchau View Post
 

^ I just realized that the pic above was from you, aldenfan, from another thread!  Haha.  Anyway, it shows the different last types perfectly.

 

Haha thanks. Yep, that is from me in another thread. I knew the two fit differently for me, but I didn't realize that it might be partially because the two were different types of lasts (straight and curved). Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense.

post #236 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


I have the Marlow wingtip which I'm assuming is straight lasted. When I tried on the 341 boot in-store I felt no real difference in fit, and that I'm exactly the same size in both lasts. What is the "big difference in fit" between the two?

 

I didn't realize this before. So you sized the same in the 341 last as you did in your Marlow 325 lasted shoes? Would you say they fit pretty much exactly the same for you as far as width and toe box and everything? I am able to fit in Marlow 13D (US) but they are tight and pinch my toes a bit. Good to know if there is a pretty straight correlation for sizing between 325 and 341 lasts.

post #237 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post
 

 

Haha thanks. Yep, that is from me in another thread. I knew the two fit differently for me, but I didn't realize that it might be partially because the two were different types of lasts (straight and curved). Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense.

 

aldenfan,

Do you own both of those boots?  And would you say the difference in fit between the two boots enough to say that one boot is slightly more comfortable than the other?  This is very valuable information for me since I own the Lindrick boot and find it very comfortable.  Although, just from the pics, the Harlech appears sleeker than the Gianni.  Does anybody know what last the Gianni is on?  Thanks!

post #238 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

I have the Marlow wingtip which I'm assuming is straight lasted. When I tried on the 341 boot in-store I felt no real difference in fit, and that I'm exactly the same size in both lasts. What is the "big difference in fit" between the two?

What size Marlow (US size) and what size 341 (UK)?
post #239 of 2128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

What size Marlow (US size) and what size 341 (UK)?

13D Marlow (US) and 12E Brecon (UK).
post #240 of 2128
I heard from Lauren as well. She has all my order info.

I am not in favor of toe taps. However, if the majority voted for this, I would not drop out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones MTO Central