Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 11/2/15 at 3:01am in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 16
You definitely deserve the number 1. Perhaps the rest should be in order of when the order was placed? For me, it doesn't really matter as long as it's not #13.
Looking at the pictures the 341 last toe looks square like.. Weird, I have C&J Ashdown on this last ... Rounded toe, slightly narrower than say 325 but not as much as the 240 so that makes em fly... This last is more curved than the 240.... I know, too much explanation ... old competitive runner here who understands lasts.... Straight vs curved .. =. big deal in FIT. Nobody ever addresses this here.. Y? 325 and 240 are straight lasted ... As most C&J, but the 341 is curved lasted. Nice... Okay lost everyone here ..later
What is a curved last and what is a straight last?
Perhaps this pic illustrates the difference between a straight last and a curved last. The one on the left is the RL Lindrick (straight last) and the one on the right is the RL Gianni (curved last). I don't own any curved last shoes/boots so I can't comment on their fit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have the Marlow wingtip which I'm assuming is straight lasted. When I tried on the 341 boot in-store I felt no real difference in fit, and that I'm exactly the same size in both lasts. What is the "big difference in fit" between the two?
Haha thanks. Yep, that is from me in another thread. I knew the two fit differently for me, but I didn't realize that it might be partially because the two were different types of lasts (straight and curved). Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense.
I didn't realize this before. So you sized the same in the 341 last as you did in your Marlow 325 lasted shoes? Would you say they fit pretty much exactly the same for you as far as width and toe box and everything? I am able to fit in Marlow 13D (US) but they are tight and pinch my toes a bit. Good to know if there is a pretty straight correlation for sizing between 325 and 341 lasts.
Do you own both of those boots? And would you say the difference in fit between the two boots enough to say that one boot is slightly more comfortable than the other? This is very valuable information for me since I own the Lindrick boot and find it very comfortable. Although, just from the pics, the Harlech appears sleeker than the Gianni. Does anybody know what last the Gianni is on? Thanks!
What size Marlow (US size) and what size 341 (UK)?
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 12 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 55 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › NWT Stone Island TORTOISE SHELL OVD Trousers | Size:30 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories