or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones MTO Central
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 71

post #1051 of 2136

Cheaney don't have a MTO programme though, right?

post #1052 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

Edward Green Galway in ZUG??
 

:bounce2:

 

Allready tried that, but EG is out of zug (or heather gorse, as they refer to it). We even tried to pursued them to make up the boots if we bought them a fresh supply of zug, but they decided against it :brick:

post #1053 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBrummie View Post
 

Cheaney don't have a MTO programme though, right?

 

Hmm, at least they don't advertise about it, but I think I did some googling once, where it seemed as though they did… But I'm not 100% positive. But given the interest here, it shouldn't be a problem to get the 15 people onboard that AS require. If we can live with the turn around time is another matter...

post #1054 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post
 

 

Hmm, at least they don't advertise about it, but I think I did some googling once, where it seemed as though they did… But I'm not 100% positive. But given the interest here, it shouldn't be a problem to get the 15 people onboard that AS require. If we can live with the turn around time is another matter...

 

If AS still have the right machinery and, for me, if the leather is right.

 

I've never heard of Cheaney offering MTO although doesn't mean that they don't. They haven;t used zug for their own veldt models for quite some time now, and I'm assuming there must be a reason for that given that it's still commercially available.

post #1055 of 2136

All true, just trying to keep spirits high ;)

post #1056 of 2136

But all that said, those boots shown on the last page look :slayer:

post #1057 of 2136
Guys, it sounds like to me that sourcing the Zug is the problem. Doesn't seem to matter who we approach about it. Sorry if I'm being a downer. Just what it appears to be.
post #1058 of 2136
^^^ I think that's a fair statement.

That said, I'd still like to pursue a hard-wering Veldtshoen boot in some other material - but if there isn't much group interest I can seek that on my own. Probably won't get any use out of something ordered now before the fall, anyway.
post #1059 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Guys, it sounds like to me that sourcing the Zug is the problem. Doesn't seem to matter who we approach about it. Sorry if I'm being a downer. Just what it appears to be.

 

Sourcing the zug is not a problem for us, but apparently it is for the shoemakers :confused:

post #1060 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Sourcing the zug is not a problem for us, but apparently it is for the shoemakers confused.gif
That sounds backwards, doesn't it? haha
post #1061 of 2136
Boys,

Leaves from Skoaktiebolaget managed so snag 15 little zuglets so if you are interested in Edward Green Galway in zug leather stay tuned. I will let SKM open up the new thread about this project once we hammer out details.
post #1062 of 2136
Great news! I'm very interested.
post #1063 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Boys,

Leaves from Skoaktiebolaget managed so snag 15 little zuglets so if you are interested in Edward Green Galway in zug leather stay tuned. I will let SKM open up the new thread about this project once we hammer out details.

 

Most excellent.

post #1064 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Boys,

Leaves from Skoaktiebolaget managed so snag 15 little zuglets so if you are interested in Edward Green Galway in zug leather stay tuned. I will let SKM open up the new thread about this project once we hammer out details.


Sent PM to Leaves, I want in.

 

 

Here zuglet, here zuglet.


Edited by dddrees - 3/8/14 at 8:01am
post #1065 of 2136
Bagged me a zuglet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones MTO Central