or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 544

post #8146 of 39287
Another beauty, Kapp
post #8147 of 39287
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post
Another beauty, Kapp

Thank you
post #8148 of 39287
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianVarick View Post
I know this has not place here with these fine watches, but I figured it was a pretty cool picture at least.


Seiko 5 and the eye daunting arm hair, I'm not sure which one is worse.
post #8149 of 39287
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianVarick View Post
I know this has not place here with these fine watches, but I figured it was a pretty cool picture at least.
on the contrary, that is a fine underappreciated watch! good choice!
post #8150 of 39287
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post
oh gosh these so called NATO straps are so cheapy looking, SF'er should know better than to wear a watch strap just because some lame actor in a some spy movie decided to wear one on-screen. If he wore a watch strap made out of dirty toilet paper you guys would be wearing it too. I am so glad only like 0.00000001% of the population of watch wearers actually wear a NATO strap, glad you guys are the minority, so you are not lowering the standards of watch wearers.

post #8151 of 39287
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post
oh gosh these so called NATO straps are so cheapy looking, SF'er should know better than to wear a watch strap just because some lame actor in a some spy movie decided to wear one on-screen. If he wore a watch strap made out of dirty toilet paper you guys would be wearing it too. I am so glad only like 0.00000001% of the population of watch wearers actually wear a NATO strap, glad you guys are the minority, so you are not lowering the standards of watch wearers.

I will assume you are not trolling...

IMO Nato straps look great on 'tool' watches, even (or especially) on expensive vintages ones, such as a Sub 5512 or 5513. Nato straps have been worn on such watches for decades, in case you didn't realise - it's not some recent fad, or the result of people watching too many James Bond movies, as you insinuate.

You don't like Nato straps. fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but don't get all huffy about it - it just makes you look foolish.
post #8152 of 39287
i feel natos are the most comfy way to wear a watch. i've been wearing a seiko 5 like the one above on a bond strap with the olive and red. leather stinks and bracelets are blingy.
post #8153 of 39287
personally i find the nato the most comfortable way to wear a large-ish watch such as a speedmaster. i think it looks pretty cool too.
seiko 5 above is great, i need to get one of those.
post #8154 of 39287
I don't know guys, NATO straps have never done it for me, despite my attempts. Something just doesn't gel for me, and I think it's the IMO incongruous combination of a 2-3mm thick strap and a hunk of steel/glass nearly a cm thick. And usually the pencil-wristed have to fold the extra length of strap and tuck it back under the band, which IMO looks ridiculous. And the usual 'James Bond wore it' response which I guess is meant to be a self-evident justification is pretty damned lame IMO: he also looked like a million bucks, knew how to strip a gun blindfolded, and banged a hottie every night - what about you? If you think it looks nice say so, don't try to parlay your homage to a fictional guy into a legitimate reason.
post #8155 of 39287
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
he also looked like a million bucks, knew how to strip a gun blindfolded, and banged a hottie every night

So do I...

(does that make me qualified to not only wear but also possess with the intent to distribute...?)

/M
post #8156 of 39287


Explorer with grey Cordura on a casual friday
post #8157 of 39287


Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Gold & black crocodile leather strap. From the Longines series "Les Grandes Classiques de Longines"
post #8158 of 39287
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
on the contrary, that is a fine underappreciated watch! good choice!

lol. For under $100, choices are limited to begin with, Seiko 5s are OKAY, not fine in my opinion.
post #8159 of 39287
post #8160 of 39287
^ Nice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread