or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 524

post #7846 of 39182
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
Seconded. This big watch phase makes the wearer look either insecure, nearsighted or both.
+3. I hate seeing big oversized watches, dress watches in particular.
post #7847 of 39182
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
+3. I hate seeing big oversized watches, dress watches in particular.

+4!! 34mm is ideal for me. The largest watch I own is an Omega Railmaster "midsize" which is 36.2mm. My Air King is 34mm and so is my JLC Master Control Ultrathin.
post #7848 of 39182
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
Seconded. This big watch phase makes the wearer look either insecure, nearsighted or both.

I am nearsighted but I am also 6'1" and weight 210 pounds. So anything smaller than 38/40mm looks like a child toy on me.

Now if you are 5'6" and weight 150 pounds wet, you are right, 34mm looks better
post #7849 of 39182
Bored sitting around and getting sloshes at the lounge at Newark waiting for my flight to HK (college hoodie ftw!)
LL
LL
post #7850 of 39182
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA1 View Post
Daytime (IWC Small Portuguese)




Grail watch . . .
post #7851 of 39182


just got this Omega Dynamic Chrono today ... Pretty happy , looks really good on me too
post #7852 of 39182
damn guys I should be in a good position to kop a 5513 or 1680 Submariner by end of this summer. I gotta decide which one I want first
post #7853 of 39182


/M
post #7854 of 39182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post


/M

what watch is this?
post #7855 of 39182
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanduh View Post
what watch is this?

A custom build by my favourite watchmaker; no-name PVD case, Yao/MKII dial, 2892 movement and a strap from my company...

/M
post #7856 of 39182
Custom Seamaster.
post #7857 of 39182
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngScholar View Post
Grail watch . . .

drool!
post #7858 of 39182
i dont have a grail watch, its more of a list really. just added these 2 beauties

lange presents their fully digital mechanical watch, now with a repeater no less just shy of 91K



jlc's latest ingenious creation. a repeater that is triggered by sliding back the mini blinds that cover the face, and its open for all to see. also about 250k if i remember correctly
post #7859 of 39182
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post
lange presents their fully digital mechanical watch, now with a repeater no less just shy of 91K
This is an amazing piece. I got to handle it for a bit a little while back at a Lange dinner here in NYC. The mechanism on their new tourbillon is amazing to watch. The 8-9-10 portion of the hours dial only pops out into place when the hours are between 6 and 12. Otherwise it is retracted to show the full tourbillon.
post #7860 of 39182
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianja View Post
This is an amazing piece. I got to handle it for a bit a little while back at a Lange dinner here in NYC.

The mechanism on their new tourbillon is amazing to watch. The 8-9-10 portion of the hours dial only pops out into place when the hours are between 6 and 12. Otherwise it is retracted to show the full tourbillon.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



yes i read about the 2 together. they are both astounding. the hour markers on a disk was pretty neat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread