or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 505

post #7561 of 33483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
That's interesting looking. Any chance of a better pic? Maybe vertical so we can get the real feel of the watch?

Sure


post #7562 of 33483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post

Vintage Seadweller with a Superdome?
post #7563 of 33483
post #7564 of 33483
Soviet one

post #7565 of 33483
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post


My Akribos XXIV DaVinci that my mother bought me to wear to my wedding. Not quite as classic as most of the stuff I've seen in the thread so far, but it's the one I had on today and thought it was worth sharing. I think it's pretty at least.

be careful with that one... i bought one a few years ago... same watch, different brand... it fell apart.

notice where the minute hand is here???



anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post


from that... swap to a chunky Omega leather strap

post #7566 of 33483
Tag Heuer "Steve McQueen" Monaco

post #7567 of 33483
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
be careful with that one... i bought one a few years ago... same watch, different brand... it fell apart.

notice where the minute hand is here???

Thanks for the tip. It's not one in my daily rotation, but I must admit to liking the aesthetics. Plus, my mother bought it for me as a wedding present. Daily, I usually wear one of these two:



Obviously, I remain the worlds worst photographer.

The one on the left is an Adee Kaye that I picked up about the same time as the Akribos. According to Watchuseek it's of asian manufacture, however it keeps time exceedingly well and I've received quite a number of compliments about it. The Xezo is my latest addition, and probably the one I'm most fond of at the moment.
post #7568 of 33483
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
Tag Heuer "Steve McQueen" Monaco
WANT!
post #7569 of 33483
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
Tag Heuer "Steve McQueen" Monaco


GREAT watch - congrats!

The vintage Heuer Monacos go for a pretty penny - definitely a grail watch. The vintage Heuer watches in general are classic watches. I have an Autavia Viceroy which sees a lot of wrist time.
post #7570 of 33483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackb911 View Post
Vintage Seadweller with a Superdome?

Nopes, a 5513.
post #7571 of 33483
would really like a Monaco chrono myself. I ask people what they think of it and nobody else likes it. =\\
post #7572 of 33483
I like it...
post #7573 of 33483
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider07 View Post
GREAT watch - congrats!

The vintage Heuer Monacos go for a pretty penny - definitely a grail watch. The vintage Heuer watches in general are classic watches. I have an Autavia Viceroy which sees a lot of wrist time.

Thanks. I recently got it and have been wearing it all the time, leaving my Omega Speedmaster to sit at home, looking sad. Ah well. The novelty of the new watch hasn't worn off yet.
post #7574 of 33483
Quote:
Originally Posted by mottykytu View Post
I love vintage watch , especially Omega Pie-Pal 1960's
Me too! I would choose a Pie-Pan Constellation over most expensive dress watches available today. Fantastic dials, high quality movements and dirt cheap (well, compared to today's high end dress watches). This is my pie-pan, photo taken New Year's Eve.
post #7575 of 33483
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
would really like a Monaco chrono myself. I ask people what they think of it and nobody else likes it. =\\
Welcome, brother from another mother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren G. View Post
I like it...
Get in line sparky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonServiam View Post
Me too! I would choose a Pie-Pan Constellation over most expensive dress watches available today. Fantastic dials, high quality movements and dirt cheap (well, compared to today's high end dress watches). This is my pie-pan, photo taken New Year's Eve.
Wow. Is the watch in that pristine condition or is it the picture?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread