or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 489

post #7321 of 35912
Nice. I've got a Malvern Aviator that sitting in my drawer that I need to sell off. Its a great piece. Too bad because I never wear the damn thing.
post #7322 of 35912
See also here for white dials with blue hands.
post #7323 of 35912
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonServiam View Post
Certainly! 3.3 mil serial, so approx 1971-72.


The best part about it is how clean it is for a 40 year old watch. Great find.
post #7324 of 35912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
<snip>

Not sure if your tastes go to old Omega's but I saw many vintage ladies ones when I was looking for mens..
post #7325 of 35912
Today, a brown budget build;



/M
post #7326 of 35912
Steinhart?
post #7327 of 35912
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenhosen View Post
Not sure if your tastes go to old Omega's but I saw many vintage ladies ones when I was looking for mens..

I'm afraid I'm still too much of a novice to know what I should look for in a vintage watch...

I've seen a number of vintage watches on this thread, and I still haven't really picked up on how some vintages would be more appealing than their modern counterpart.
post #7328 of 35912
Raven, why do you need to have an in-house movement? I just got a JLC Master Control ultra thin and it actually meets all your criteria, 34mm, in-house movement, higher quality than the IWC's in the same kinda price range, etc, etc, and it was much less than you'd expect. It'd work well as a women's watch (I have very thin wrists)
post #7329 of 35912
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
Raven, why do you need to have an in-house movement? I just got a JLC Master Control ultra thin and it actually meets all your criteria, 34mm, in-house movement, higher quality than the IWC's in the same kinda price range, etc, etc, and it was much less than you'd expect. It'd work well as a women's watch (I have very thin wrists)
It doesn't have to be in-house, that would just be a nice thing to have. Obviously a lot of watches like IWC in my price range wouldn't be in-house... but definitely if it meets my other criteria, that'd be a great fit. That sounds perfect! Which JLC Master Control model and how much?
post #7330 of 35912
The JLC Ultra thins are near perfect dress watches.

Regards.
post #7331 of 35912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
It doesn't have to be in-house, that would just be a nice thing to have. Obviously a lot of watches like IWC in my price range wouldn't be in-house... but definitely if it meets my other criteria, that'd be a great fit.

That sounds perfect! Which JLC Master Control model and how much?

I bought this used, but I have the bill from the overhaul done at JLC Japan and it cost $750+ to do a service on it. =\\ Considering the price of the watch, it's not particularly worth it, but yeah, it's a nice watch, but that's what you're looking at to have a proprietary movement like that. It's the Master Control Ultra Thin, and it's just that, ultra thin. It's actually not an automatic, it's handwind, but since I will not wear it too often, that doesn't really bother me much. I have a Sinn 356 I wear daily.
post #7332 of 35912
hi,

do you know some models of interesting watches for women?
post #7333 of 35912
Just bought these two vintage Omegas to start my collection - one more formal and one a little casual.




Consider purchasing the one below as well to add the gold color, but I'm guessing it's better to mix it up with some other brands when starting a collection. It's just that the vintage Omegas seem to be such a great value and are really beautiful. Look at the picture below - what would you do?



Should I buy or consider something else in the <$2K price range?
post #7334 of 35912
Where did you get those two? I hardly ever see vintage Omegas in such great shape.
post #7335 of 35912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Where did you get those two? I hardly ever see vintage Omegas in such great shape.

Be very careful....there is a reason true vintage ......looks vintage.

http://shop.ebay.com/timescube/m.html

Regards.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread