or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 246

post #3676 of 33939
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbuskirk View Post
We aim to please. Omega???




Yes, I do prefer Omegas, but I especially prefer more simple looking watches overall.
post #3677 of 33939
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post
Yes, I do prefer Omegas, but I especially prefer more simple looking watches overall.

Okay, you're a tough one. How about this?



post #3678 of 33939
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbuskirk View Post
Okay, you're a tough one. How about this?




Beautiful!
post #3679 of 33939
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbuskirk View Post
A fair number of Paneristi here, huh? Okay, here's my baby:








Amazing pics, and amazing watches! I'm curious, is that the 40mm version? How easy is it for you to alternate between that watch and the Explorer I without feeling one is too large or too small?
post #3680 of 33939
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post
Beautiful!
hee, hee. That was too much fun. Okay, back to reading about clothes for me ...
post #3681 of 33939
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP View Post
Amazing pics, and amazing watches! I'm curious, is that the 40mm version? How easy is it for you to alternate between that watch and the Explorer I without feeling one is too large or too small?

Thanks!

The PAM 112 is 45mm, and yes, at times, I do *almost* feel self conscious wearing it (not quite but almost). I think my 7" wrist is big enough to handle it; it's just freaking big. The Explorer, on the other hand, is always tasteful and very subtle. Plus, it is built like a tractor so I don't worry about it much.
post #3682 of 33939
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbuskirk View Post
Thanks!

The PAM 112 is 45mm, and yes, at times, I do *almost* feel self conscious wearing it (not quite but almost). I think my 7" wrist is big enough to handle it; it's just freaking big. The Explorer, on the other hand, is always tasteful and very subtle. Plus, it is built like a tractor so I don't worry about it much.

Interesting, the PAM didn't look that much bigger than the Rolex in your photo. I think it sits quite well on your wrist, my wrist is also 7 inches but the biggest watch I like on my wrist is 40mm. I guess PAMs are wider than they are tall.

I asked about the Rolex because I tried the Exp. I when I was deciding between that and the Exp. II. I felt it looked a little small on my 7in wrist (small for a sports watch, that is), but I'm now yearning for a vintage Oyster non-Professional model. However I still am concerned that I'd find it too small (every other piece I own is between 38 and 40mm).
post #3683 of 33939
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbuskirk View Post
hee, hee. That was too much fun. Okay, back to reading about clothes for me ...

I'm assuming all those are yours? If so, you have a lovely collection. Well done, wear them in good health
post #3684 of 33939


post #3685 of 33939
On second thought, I may go for this De Ville Co-Axial GMT Midsize instead of the Seamaster in my earlier post:

Anyone own this and would be kind enough to provide a wrist shot? Does the De Ville line have in house movements?
post #3686 of 33939
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbuskirk View Post
The PAM 112 is 45mm

44mm

The Nitpicker in Chief

PS: good choice on the Luminor Base, the OP catalog these days is quite sad
post #3687 of 33939





post #3688 of 33939
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't go for either of those, I'd go for the new version with the 8500 movement. Developed in-house as opposed to developed around an ETA base. Only available with a super dark grey or light silver dial (for now), but I'd say it's a better watch. All the ATs are available with a deployment clasp, to my knowledge.
Anyone know if they are using a new in-house movement on the Speedmaster as well? Edit - Holy shit ZJ! Do you own that?
post #3689 of 33939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Anyone know if they are using a new in-house movement on the Speedmaster as well?

Edit - Holy shit ZJ! Do you own that?

no sir

The World's Most Complicated Timepiece to be Sold at Antiquorum's 35th Anniversary Sale in November - Estimate: 4,500,000 to 5,500,000 Swiss Francs (approx. $4,420,000 to $5,400,000)
post #3690 of 33939
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83 View Post
no sir

The World's Most Complicated Timepiece to be Sold at Antiquorum's 35th Anniversary Sale in November - Estimate: 4,500,000 to 5,500,000 Swiss Francs (approx. $4,420,000 to $5,400,000)

Astrolabes are good enough for Godzilla; I don't need a glorified sundial to show me the stars.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread