or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 243

post #3631 of 31016
[quote=Mr.K;2583893]Just picked up an Accutron chrono to work into my rotation. It is a good looking watch now that I brushed the surface. When it was purchased it was too shiny for my tastes.


QUOTE]

Very sharp - big change from the old Accutrons. Longines is also making a chrono that looks good.
post #3632 of 31016
i like the bulb crown
post #3633 of 31016
My local Torneau called me today and said they got in a used Glashutte Panomaticlunar and that they were holding it for me. I get there and its a different model Pano. I am bummed. Its so pretty:
post #3634 of 31016
Yeah nice GO.
post #3635 of 31016
rather neat looking watch from my father, i thought it rather distinct but "busy"

couldn't get any decent pics but here's a pic i found of the exact watch

post #3636 of 31016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
My local Torneau called me today and said they got in a used Glashutte Panomaticlunar and that they were holding it for me. I get there and its a different model Pano. I am bummed. Its so pretty:


Beautiful. Any idea what they were asking for it?
post #3637 of 31016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althis View Post
rather neat looking watch from my father, i thought it rather distinct but "busy"

couldn't get any decent pics but here's a pic i found of the exact watch


Nifty - these perpetual calendars come up every now and then. Not your in the herd watch.
post #3638 of 31016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
My local Torneau called me today and said they got in a used Glashutte Panomaticlunar and that they were holding it for me. I get there and its a different model Pano. I am bummed. Its so pretty:


There's one for sale on TimeZone now.
post #3639 of 31016
Hi guys, I'm looking for a nice watch that won't break the bank (read: my broke college ass). I really love the vintage Omega Seamasters, but the ones I've seen on ebay are just awful. I really like the look of this particular seamaster:


Unfortunately, it is $750, and at that price, I think I would just buy a Stowa Ikarus or No Logo Airman, not to mention that it's going to take a while for me to save up that much money, as I partially pay for my tuition, and I am almost certain the watch will have been sold. Do you have any ideas on where I can get a good, certifiably authentic, Omega Seamaster in that particular make? (no date, steel preferably, those hands, etc.)

Thanks.

tor
post #3640 of 31016
Quote:
Originally Posted by tor View Post
Hi guys, I'm looking for a nice watch that won't break the bank (read: my broke college ass). I really love the vintage Omega Seamasters, but the ones I've seen on ebay are just awful. I really like the look of this particular seamaster: Unfortunately, it is $750, and at that price, I think I would just buy a Stowa Ikarus or No Logo Airman, not to mention that it's going to take a while for me to save up that much money, as I partially pay for my tuition, and I am almost certain the watch will have been sold. Do you have any ideas on where I can get a good, certifiably authentic, Omega Seamaster in that particular make? (no date, steel preferably, those hands, etc.) Thanks. tor
I was going to say check out www.europeanwatch.com, but I see that's where you lifted the pic from. I've never bought from them, but have heard good things.
post #3641 of 31016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornellian View Post
I was going to say check out www.europeanwatch.com, but I see that's where you lifted the pic from. I've never bought from them, but have heard good things.

As have I, which is why I checked them out in the first place haha.

The quest continues...
post #3642 of 31016
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tor View Post
Hi guys, I'm looking for a nice watch that won't break the bank (read: my broke college ass). I really love the vintage Omega Seamasters, but the ones I've seen on ebay are just awful. I really like the look of this particular seamaster:


Unfortunately, it is $750, and at that price, I think I would just buy a Stowa Ikarus or No Logo Airman, not to mention that it's going to take a while for me to save up that much money, as I partially pay for my tuition, and I am almost certain the watch will have been sold. Do you have any ideas on where I can get a good, certifiably authentic, Omega Seamaster in that particular make? (no date, steel preferably, those hands, etc.)

Thanks.

tor

I gave this exact same watch out of my collection to a friend for his birthday 3 or 4 years ago. I can't believe people ask $750 for it now. What I paid started with a 2
post #3643 of 31016
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
I gave this exact same watch out of my collection to a friend for his birthday 3 or 4 years ago. I can't believe people ask $750 for it now. What I paid started with a 2

Be prepared to pay even more. Omega is raising their prices across the board, soon.
post #3644 of 31016
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
Be prepared to pay even more.
No I really doubt it. I'm pretty sure I could source another one for way less than $750
post #3645 of 31016
Quote:
Originally Posted by tor View Post
Hi guys, I'm looking for a nice watch that won't break the bank (read: my broke college ass). I really love the vintage Omega Seamasters, but the ones I've seen on ebay are just awful. I really like the look of this particular seamaster:


Unfortunately, it is $750, and at that price, I think I would just buy a Stowa Ikarus or No Logo Airman, not to mention that it's going to take a while for me to save up that much money, as I partially pay for my tuition, and I am almost certain the watch will have been sold. Do you have any ideas on where I can get a good, certifiably authentic, Omega Seamaster in that particular make? (no date, steel preferably, those hands, etc.)

Thanks.

tor



I'm not sure what the problem is. Here are 4 pics of Omega watches from ebay that I bid on (none of which I won), and each of which I think looks better than what you posted:








The prices at which these Omegas were won range from $200 - $350. I really don't think authenticity is a problem. Then again, I know very little about watches, and am pretty stingy when it comes to spending. Hence, the fact that I lost all auctions. But, man, I really wanted 1 and 4 especially, and number 3.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread