or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 232

post #3466 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
The Jubilee is my realistic grail watch. How much are they going for these days?

In steel, I have the current market at about $15,500. Out of 1,000 produced, I'm pretty happy having what Larry Seiden dubbed the Levi's Portugesier.

post #3467 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post
good eye. yes, it is

Beautiful watch!
post #3468 of 31067
This just arrived.
LL
post #3469 of 31067
Does anyone know anything about Bueche Girod?
post #3470 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I usually pair it with a grey elephant-skin strap.


Are those cigarettes Chunghwa?, and did the lighter belong to a Suadi Royal Family?
post #3471 of 31067
I'm picking this up in a couple hours and I'll post some pics but I'm thinking about putting on a NATO bond style strap. How do you think that would look compared to the bracelet?
post #3472 of 31067
Thread Starter 
Both will look good. Also try leather straps (honey, black) and a canvas strap. Fun to play around with straps.

Congrats
post #3473 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDoyle View Post
Are those cigarettes Chunghwa?, and did the lighter belong to a Suadi Royal Family?

This is both true.
post #3474 of 31067
I haven't seen Chunghwa's in wide pack like that before, are they available in the US?
I have smoked the 11mg and the 15mg and the ones available in SoCal has no Tar content but is around 10mg
post #3475 of 31067
Crappy pics but I'm pretty psyched about this even though it's very modest compared to everything on here. Pictures don't do it justice. It's such a solid well built piece. I don't know how they sell it for what they do. Perfect size too at 44mm. Big enough to stand out but not too big where it looks tacky. I'm looking for a cool NATO band to put on it.
post #3476 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDoyle View Post
I haven't seen Chunghwa's in wide pack like that before, are they available in the US? I have smoked the 11mg and the 15mg and the ones available in SoCal has no Tar content but is around 10mg
I think this is 13MG. I was in Beijing for a while so these were fairly available; the square box seems to be just another style of packaging with the same price as the regular rectangular "hard-pack". The soft-packs are pricier. Where in Southern California do you get Chunghwas? They don't even sell it at the duty free shops at the Beijing Capital airport.
post #3477 of 31067
Another modest (in comparison to the other postings) contribution.
But I like it:


(I have been wondering if I should go with a different color strap though)
post #3478 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post


/M

My wife looked at my watches and said 'Why do they all have dials at the bottom and the sides?' I did the research and learned that I love anything powered by the Lemania 1873. In short - great watch.
post #3479 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I think this is 13MG. I was in Beijing for a while so these were fairly available; the square box seems to be just another style of packaging with the same price as the regular rectangular "hard-pack". The soft-packs are pricier.

Where in Southern California do you get Chunghwas? They don't even sell it at the duty free shops at the Beijing Capital airport.

A Chinese/Asian Supermarket called Diho in Artesia - Albertis Avenue
Chunghwa's are imported to the US, the importer is Papio in Omaha - 1-888-688-5915

They are available at the Shanghai Airport - at around $8/pack which is too expensive
post #3480 of 31067


/M
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread