or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 222

post #3316 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post
Snob.

Anyways, interesting! Sounds like an awesome lens at a great price.

It really is a great lens and can be had for under $400 used easily at places like FredMiranda.com

I love photography, and I'd do it for a living if I could.
post #3317 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singular View Post
Thanks!

I used an "isofrane-alike", a mesh bracelet and a tropic rubber for my modded Seastar 1000 (but think a Zulu strap would do just as well).

/M

Funny, I was literally just looking at mesh bracelets. Are they all "made equal"? Can you link me to one you used/like?
post #3318 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Here's my Tissot Seastar 1000. I am considering a different strap for it (not a bracelet). Would a brown leather strap work with this somehow?
Nice watch. A leather strap would look fine, but I think a diving watch would look better on a band that will hold up to being soaked - I'd prefer a rubber/kevlar/sailcloth strap, or a mesh or regular bracelet. I like it with the rubber strap you have.
post #3319 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
Nice watch. A leather strap would look fine, but I think a diving watch would look better on a band that will hold up to being soaked - I'd prefer a rubber/kevlar/sailcloth strap, or a mesh or regular bracelet. I like it with the rubber strap you have.
I'm thinking you're probably right - thanks. Leaning towards a mesh bracelet as I don't own any - do you know of a good source?
post #3320 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Funny, I was literally just looking at mesh bracelets. Are they all "made equal"? Can you link me to one you used/like?
I like the Omega-type mesh, with no tubes around the bars. For the tubed type, here's a good seller in Germany. it seems Jürgen's are considered the best. He also makes custom leather straps from old military pistol holsters, belts and leather gear, they look very nice, if you decide to go with the brown leather.
post #3321 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
I like the Omega-type mesh, with no tubes around the bars. For the tubed type, here's a good seller in Germany. it seems Jürgen's are considered the best. He also makes custom leather straps from old military pistol holsters, belts and leather gear, they look very nice, if you decide to go with the brown leather.
Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for! Wow, those Jurgens are nice. Pricey buggers though... hmm. Where are Omegas stocked?
post #3322 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
I'm thinking you're probably right - thanks. Leaning towards a mesh bracelet as I don't own any - do you know of a good source?

Well...I'm selling them. PM me for more info.

/M
post #3323 of 31063
PM sent.
post #3324 of 31063


/M
post #3325 of 31063

/M
post #3326 of 31063
What do you guys think of the new Christopher Ward C40 Speedhawk chrono:
post #3327 of 31063
Wow these watches are beautiful. This is a part of my wardrobe that I have neglected and I really need to get a watch or two
post #3328 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
What do you guys think of the new Christopher Ward C40 Speedhawk chrono:


I like it very much.
post #3329 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
It really is a great lens and can be had for under $400 used easily at places like FredMiranda.com

I love photography, and I'd do it for a living if I could.

My dad was a professional industrial photographer and I've now found out that there's a serious market for his type of work. A friend of mine (who owns a gallery space) and I are working with an art photographer to put together a show of my dad's work, with a booklet, website, etc.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread...carry on, gents!
post #3330 of 31063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
What do you guys think of the new Christopher Ward C40 Speedhawk chrono:

I tend not to like such busy/showy watches so will probably be biased against. But, I can appreciate the styling of this. The croc adds a bit more refinement to it (as opposed to a rubber or steel), and I like the hobnail finish on the chrono pushers and crown.

And let's face it, black and red look totally kick-ass together. The brushed finish looks great with the colours.

I've not heard of Christoper Ward before - what are his watches like? The logo looks really cheap unfortunately.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread