or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Page 2108

post #31606 of 35014
Frilly, that actually makes me salivate for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith T View Post
 
 "Jules Verne" 

 

Deliciousness!  I saw that on the 323 at the dealers'.  It's the most magnificently luxurious thing.  I'm sure it cost a pretty penny, and equally sure it's worth it.  I think it looks even better on your watch with the simpler dial.  It's so lovely it's almost a shame to wear it, like a new pair of expensive suede loafers.  But so, so lovely.  Congratulations. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post


I agree, but I've just ordered from France a handmade alligator strap for my GRAFF watch which will top that!!

 

Those are some mighty big words right there!  Can't wait to see the product - panda?  Is it panda?  Please let it be panda!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post


A staple in any watcher collector's arsenal. It can be a polarizing subject in regards to which model to own.

 

Sounds like we're back to the Speedy again...looking forward to the reveal. :)

post #31607 of 35014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Frilly, that actually makes me salivate for some reason.

Deliciousness!  I saw that on the 323 at the dealers'.  It's the most magnificently luxurious thing.  I'm sure it cost a pretty penny, and equally sure it's worth it.  I think it looks even better on your watch with the simpler dial.  It's so lovely it's almost a shame to wear it, like a new pair of expensive suede loafers.  But so, so lovely.  Congratulations. smile.gif


Those are some mighty big words right there!  Can't wait to see the product - panda?  Is it panda?  Please let it be panda!


Sorry I don't get it!
post #31608 of 35014
Finally scratched the Ultra Thin itch



Sorry about the poor camera phone photo
post #31609 of 35014

Congrats!  Possibly the bestest Reverso IMHO - solid on the back, steel, true to its tradition.  And the perfect size.  Well kopped, sir!  Did I see this in Wempe's window a couple of days ago?

post #31610 of 35014
No I bought it from the JLC boutique in London. I was originally looking for the Ultra Thin Douface Bleu but the only one they had had been sold that morning. I might still have gone for the Ultra Thin it is just so simple and "thin".

Mind you the Master Ultra Thin Jubilee is a cracker too.
post #31611 of 35014
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverwood View Post

No I bought it from the JLC boutique in London. I was originally looking for the Ultra Thin Douface Bleu but the only one they had had been sold that morning. I might still have gone for the Ultra Thin it is just so simple and "thin".

Mind you the Master Ultra Thin Jubilee is a cracker too.

Congratulations! The Reverso Ultra Thin works incredibly well on your wrist. Both classic and modern at the same time.

Look forward to hearing your wearing experiences.
post #31612 of 35014
Want a new strap for my Speedy. Don't want to wait for CF (or pay that much). So probably going to pick something up from Leffot or Hodinkee. Any ideas?

Also, I put my Speedy on a cheap leather strap I found. Damn this watch looks good on a strap. I am sold.



And since this is Styleforum...


Edited by Newcomer - 5/6/14 at 5:38am
post #31613 of 35014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Want a new strap for my Speedy. Don't want to wait for CF (or pay that much). So probably going to pick something up from Leffot or Hodinkee. Any ideas?

Also, I put my Speedy on a cheap leather strap I found. Damn this watch looks good on a strap. I am sold.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


And since this is Styleforum...

The Speedy was made for a strap. That was the only way I'd wear mine.

Leffot is supposed to be rolling out some new grain leather straps soon. Was supposed to be yesterday, but I haven't seen them on the site. May be worth checking out.

Nice Dovers!
post #31614 of 35014

@Newcomer I love the Speedy in your pics.  As you said it is very organized dial even with 3 subdials.  I did not like the look of the 2 subdial Speedy's with a day counter @ 6 o'clock.  I think if the crystal sat flatter I may like the watch more but a guy at the AD said the chrono hand sits level with the bezel so it is easier to see the elapsed time.  It makes sense.  

post #31615 of 35014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

The Speedy was made for a strap. That was the only way I'd wear mine.

Leffot is supposed to be rolling out some new grain leather straps soon. Was supposed to be yesterday, but I haven't seen them on the site. May be worth checking out.

Nice Dovers!

Thanks! I love my Dovers. And I agree... the Speedy really, really looks great on a strap. I find it more comfortable as well.

http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/accessories/watch-straps/tumbled-leather-watch-straps.html

Those ones?
post #31616 of 35014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Thanks! I love my Dovers. And I agree... the Speedy really, really looks great on a strap. I find it more comfortable as well.

http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/accessories/watch-straps/tumbled-leather-watch-straps.html

Those ones?
Yup! I guess they are up, now.

I thought it may add to the more casual nature of a watch. It looked good on their IG teaser. AND I thought they would be less expensive. haha.
post #31617 of 35014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Yup! I guess they are up, now.

I thought it may add to the more casual nature of a watch. It looked good on their IG teaser. AND I thought they would be less expensive. haha.

Leffot straps? Less expensive? Ha!

They looks very nicely made though smile.gif.

Plus, I have a lot of love for Leffot, so I am A-OK giving them my business.
post #31618 of 35014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Leffot straps? Less expensive? Ha!

They looks very nicely made though smile.gif.

Plus, I have a lot of love for Leffot, so I am A-OK giving them my business.
You're right. I thought they would at least be priced less than the shell straps, I guess. haha
post #31619 of 35014

Nuke,

 

This might seem like an odd suggestion, but check out Stowa (www.stowa.de): they sell their own straps separately, and for the price of Leffot's pastel shaded leather, you can get some cool croc.  Or camel for about $20.  Also, I like your simple leather strap on there.  Sometimes less is more.

post #31620 of 35014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Nuke,

This might seem like an odd suggestion, but check out Stowa (www.stowa.de): they sell their own straps separately, and for the price of Leffot's pastel shaded leather, you can get some cool croc.  Or camel for about $20.  Also, I like your simple leather strap on there.  Sometimes less is more.

Never thought about Stowa. Didn't know they sold them!

And I quite like it as well... it is a pretty terrible strap though. I was walking out of a CVS (convenience store in the U.S.), and found it on the ground.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread